Suttree RTHR 7/5/17 - recovery thread

I'm a little over a month since my RTHR (7/5/17) and have been either blessed or just lucky with my recovery. I'm feeling around 1000% better after having the surgery . . no more limping, no more pain for the first time in 2 years!!

I was on a walker for around 10 days and then used a cane for maybe the next 15 days. Was able to go back to work on 7/31. Still taking it easy for the most part . . no crazy exercise . . just walking my dog around the neighborhood. Gaining little bits everyday with regard to my range of motion (e.g. on 7/31 had to get my wife to tie my right shoe before going to work . . I'm on my own now).

I almost feel guilty that my recovery has gone so smoothly knowing that other folks experience complications. Sharing my own experience so anyone debating hip replacement can see an instance of everything falling into place post surgery.
 
Don't feel guilty. Shining example of how smoothly recovery can go when we don't push it. You are the perfect poster child for the bonesmart philosophy.
I too am amazed how well I have recovered and ecstatic about that excruciating pain being gone, gone, gone.
Good for you Suttree. Gonna help that hip last for a long long time!!!!
 
I almost feel guilty that my recovery has gone so smoothly knowing that other folks experience complications.
Don't feel the least bit guilty. It's just another example of how every THR is different. Glad you are seeing the benefits of this amazing surgery.
 
It's think it's wonderful you've had such an uneventful recovery @Suttree
Don't feel guilty.....just be thankful! All aren't as blessed.
Keep doing what you're doing as it's obviously working.
A great week to you!
 
hey @Suttree so glad you're having such a non-eventful recovery! It sounds like you've got the Bonesmart philosophy down pat. I hope all continues equally well :smile2:
 
Back
Top Bottom