Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

Do you have a recumbent bike at home? They are really helpful. And, I agree that walking is the best thing for the knees. After all, that's what they were created to do!
 
Good for you for being about done! I think I have six more sessions and I hope I'm disciplined enough to make me do the exercises on my own.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Susie, my PT told me today she suggests all TKR's get a bike because we'll be riding them into the sunset, lol. For me, it's still too early, but if you can do those rotations you are ready!

Now, about that wrestling ring.....do you have a special outfit ready just in case? I'm sure you do. And I know you'll have the right footwear, lol!
 
Susie, I look for your posts everyday with anticipation! YOU are an inspiration.:angel:
 
Susie, you constantly impress me! You are a rock star! I hope you have a very happy birthday tomorrow. Oh, and enjoy whatever is in that box.
 
Amazing recovery. I'm at 10w w one baby knee and I'm just able to go right foot/left foot up stairs w just a wee bit of kneecap pain. Just in time, lol.

You make me regret not pushing for a bilateral!
 
Thanks, all, for the birthday wishes! :egypdance:

@sistersinhim, I'm hoping the big box Mr. Shoes is hiding is my recumbent bike. If not, I will order one!

@Jennszoo, I'm incredibly fortunate to be recovering this well. Every time I see wood, I stop to rap it with my knuckles to ward off a jinx. Getting a bilateral definitely worked out for me, but I will say this... the recovery is, as my OS warned me, INTENSE. However, once past the first three to four weeks, it became much easier.

@knit2tog, I am not trading in the big box for anything but a new car! :wink:
 
Happy birthday wishes :flwrysmile:from across the ocean and through ether! (my crazy cousin with 2 new hips shares the same day...and he's cycling tour across the alps from R'dam to Slovenia right now)
Doing anything special today?
Cheers:bicycle1:
 
Happy Birthday@ SusieShoes and many more to come!:flwrysmile: I wonder if the BIG BOX holds something very small, like....cruise tickets? At least we are reasonably certain it doesn't contain a trampoline, lol. I can't wait to hear what's inside!
 
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday, dear SusieShoes
Happy Birthday to you!!
 
Happy Birthday SusieShoes ~ hope you're having a fun day and getting spoiled.:puppysmooze:
 
More thanks for birthday wishes! I won't be getting spoiled today, except presents! We have the FIL with us this week, so must stay at home. But next week Mr. Shoes and I have reservations at our favorite Italian restaurant for food that's out of this world. This place is so Italian that when the family goes, they and the waiters all speak Italian and the chef comes out to talk to us. It's like being in Abruzzi.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Be sure and let us know what's in that big, heavy box!
 
:biking::bicycle1:well done SusieShoes! Glad you are doing so well . . . I think you will enjoy the bike in small doses
 
Hey, I did get one early birthday present... from Lefty and Righty. After yesterday's vigorous PT session, with side-stepping over cones and up steps, and riding the bike, I thought my knees would be stiff and unhappy today. On days like that, I just sit and elevate. But no!

Righty hurts not at all and Lefty's pain is just a whisper. I took a nice walk up and down the block, loosened up, and the knees are great. That pain of Lefty's is so small today. Barely there. That's the best gift of all. I would have and could have walked further, but have the FIL at home, so I didn't. But it was amazing. I wanted to skip along the sidewalk... but I'm pretty sure my knees don't skip yet.
 
You're doing great! When do you get to open the box? Tomorrow? I hope it's what you want. ( I'd take a car instead of a bike any day!) Happy Birthday!!! :cheers:
 
Gelukkige verjaardag! Happy birthday - first one with new knees !
When you open the box, could you post a new pic? The one that comes up on your feed now is the stitch working itself out :o


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom