Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

You guys are too funny! Yoga. Pilate's. Though swimming sounds good down the road. One of my sons is a yoga instructor and he says yoga is still possible, but definitely not every pose. I think it will be a while before I test my ability to get down on the floor, though!
 
@BossK i can't imagine doing yoga again... but can't wait to get back to pilates!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

My PT's office is trying to get a Pilates instructor back in as a full time employee. I tried it a few times, and really liked it!


Boss K
LTKR November 4, 2016
RTKR April 17, 2017
 
I absolutely love Pilates and pre-surgery my knee gave me so much grief I had to quit. I can't wait to heal up and return to Pilates!
 
i used to take yoga, yoga dance and zumba until my knee got too painful when sitting on floor for yoga, even though i used a support pillow and it was on a 2nd floor; just climbing up the stairs tired me out. i would have kept going for the yoga dance and zumba but our instructor, i think she just turned 70 ~ amazing true, spiritual yoga instructor, was finding the dance hard on her joints and discontinued it. i used to take "salsa" lessons too, but the instructor went on to other things. i really hope i can join another dance class after i recover ~ i used to tell my yoga instructor, it was the highlight of my week.:flwrysmile:
 
I love dancing and hope I'll be able to return to it someday. Time will tell!
 
I used to enjoy skiing as well, but won't hold my breath on that one, lol.
 
Interesting info about transfusions @SusieShoes . It makes sense, though, to save the blood for emergency cases and the like. I was borderline in need of a transfusion after my first tkr, but my numbers came up enough that they decided I didn't need it. For my second tkr my OS said he used some drug that helps reduce blood loss which was interesting to me. I don't know if it was a general protocol for him or due to my history, but it worked out great.
 
@SusieShoes, just a quick note to tell you the absolutely divine and exceedlingly large ice-pack you recommended arrived today and boy, do I wish I had that baby the first two weeks! Regardless, I'm thrilled to have it now, so thanks for the great recommendation. :yahoo:
 
I'd like to be well enough by mid August to be able to dance at my daughter's wedding! That's 9 weeks hence! or 11 weeks post op.
 
I'm going to a birthday dance tonight and am hoping to manage a slow shuffle round the floor with hubby:fingersx:
 
It's so fun reading what everyone is hoping/planning to do! I hope to dance again, also. I love ballroom dancing and also have occasion to do lots of South American dancing. My family is continentally blended.

Today is Family Saturday, which means the Italian-American family is attending a good friend's son's bar mitzvah en masse, gathering first at my house. I'm staying home this time around (usually I love bar mitzvahs because dancing) with SIL and the elderly FIL. I will also be cooking the family meal. I chose something super easy that won't put me on my feet too much. Should be a fairly relaxing day.

Yesterday I had PT. I have decided I could really do without it as I don't think I derive much benefit. Some, but not much. Yesterday I was given step up exercises, which were useful. My left knee stopped lifting my body on stairs about a year ago. Naturally, I was nervous about having it do so. But the knee aced it. No trouble at all. Lift that body! So I can, if I want, start to do some steps normally. My main issue at this point is stability and balance.
 
@SusieShoes , they sure do hold the cold and almost wrap my entire leg. Swaddled in chill is spot-on!

Sounds like you have a fun, yet relaxing day planned; way to go! We seem to have many here who enjoy dancing. There's just something about the combination of music and movement that is unique in exercise world. Next to watery forms of movement, it's my favorite way of getting some exercise because it's actually fun as opposed to drudgery. Here's hoping you'll be dancing at the next Bar Mitzvah!

Great job on the step-ups! Another milestone in your amazing recovery!:dancy:
 
Your post reminded me of something I'd like to do again... dance "the hora" at a wedding or bar mitzvah. I've been hiding in the bathroom for years when that music starts!!! (Though it was one of the best parts of my own wedding!)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
JennyLynne you'll be dancing the Hora in a few more months! Whoohoo!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@SusieShoes, just a quick note to tell you the absolutely divine and exceedlingly large ice-pack you recommended arrived today and boy, do I wish I had that baby the first two weeks! Regardless, I'm thrilled to have it now, so thanks for the great recommendation. :yahoo:

Can you repost the link - would like to check the measurements. Probably not available in Belgium but we do have two large ones from my sons shoulder surgery. Thanks !


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@SusieShoes Thank you ! Looks similar to the ones we have so I'm good to go :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@SusieShoes - I hope you have a great day and am glad you picked an easy meal! We will all be up and dancing in no time! At lunch today, hubby and I were talking about our favorite vacation spot and all the things we've haven't done there in the past because it requires walking on uneven terrain - which my knees weren't up for. Won't it be great when we are all back doing our favorite things - dancing, hiking, biking, what ever it is.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom