TKR SusieB in recovery

Today My dr said he only recommends PT if patents really request it, or an elderly person who won’t getup and move around! He said patients come in and complain about their knee being tight and they say they move around and walk.... he says i can tell when they lay on the couch all day and watch Netflix!
He said from the get go you just gotta walk and use it!!
He’s awesome!!
 
Today My dr said he only recommends PT if patents really request it, or an elderly person who won’t getup and move around!

My OS said he recommends PT because if he didn't some of his patients would "never move around at all." :rotfl: Sounds a lot like your doc. They're alike in another way: They consider walking to be the best way to rehab a new knee. I'm inclined to agree because my knees have responded really well to a walking program.
 
If My knee wasn’t a little stiff and didn’t tingle when something touches or brushes up against it I’d never know I had a TKR 6 weeks ago!!
 
I can tell you what I did, but not necessary works for everyone. I did “ scar massage” around 5 week point. My incision was completely 100 healed. I would massage it with vitamin E oil ( cheap stuff) every day. I rubbed the entire knee. I switched to a heavy lotion later on.
 
When my scar went through it's sensitive stage, I put a long bandage over it for a few weeks when I went to bed. This kept the sheet from touching the scar.
 
I also massaged my incisions (or had Mr. Shoes do it as part of an overall leg massage) with cocoa butter with vitamin E. It was part of my "you -- the incisions -- will get less sensitive, by golly!" -- plan. I also rubbed my incisions in the shower with soft wash cloths and, later on, a soft scrubby. I was doing it on my legs anyway to get rid of scaly leg skin. :eeeuw:
 
Ok well something new has popped up... just as you have said they would!
On Tuesday I think I twisted or did something as I now have a pain on the medial side of the knee! I’m sad as this is where my original knee pain was!
I haven’t had pain and this is a definite pain!!! Hope this won’t last! Have been icing .... now what??
 
Icing is the best thing for it. You have angered a tendon on a muscle. It will take at least a few days for it to settle down. Your knee is not even 2 months out from it's major surgery. You will have pains in different places and different times. It's almost like everybody wants to get into the pain game! I hope your knee settles down quickly. You were doing so well.
 
Icing is the best thing for it. You have angered a tendon on a muscle. It will take at least a few days for it to settle down. Your knee is not even 2 months out from it's major surgery.

Thanks... Just when you think everything is settling down something else pops up!! I was doing some good service helping a neighbor at her food pantry and then this happens!!!!
I will heed your advice as always... don’t know what I’d do without all of you!!! You are always here for us Knee healers!!!
 
I found my knee sensitive to little tweaks for several months.
 
I found my knee sensitive to little tweaks for several months.

Dang.... it’s such a roller coaster!!! I haven had any Pain... I know they talked about Zingers and this is like shooting pain!! Hope the ice helps!!!
 
I have a friend that had a TKR on Thursday... She tried to get to get the Bone Smart link hooked up but she hasn’t gotten any info yet! She has questions as we all did and still do!!
Is there anything I can I tell her about joining or how she will know she’s connected??
 
Is she using bonesmart.org? I think some people might use .com. Also, she can just google bonesmart and a link will come up.
 
Is she using bonesmart.org? I think some people might use .com. Also, she can just google bonesmart and a link will come up.

She did sign up... but don’t you email back something to her to let her know she is active?
 
No, I didn't get an email confirmation.
 
I just signed up and posted a question in pre-op. No email could nfirmation. Have her post here and we can all meet her!
 
I just signed up and posted a question in pre-op. No email could nfirmation. Have her post here and we can all meet her!

She said it wouldn’t take her DOB ..
 
Well I’m back with my leaky pin hole leak almost 9 weeks Post Op! Seems like every time my leg/knee swells a little and then a little bend to the knee causes a little synovial fluid to come out!!

OS thinks it’s a stitch trying to get out which you also here at Bone Smart also think. I haven’t put anything on the leak. Don’t cover with bandaid. How do I keep infection from moving in which is my worry as it’s going on for so long??

My OS 2 weeks ago didn’t want to put me on another round of antibiotics. He’s not worried but he said it’s a concern with the new knee!! So I report to him last week report was scarred over . Now leaking again!

Guess I’m looking for reassurance from you all!!!!
 

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom