Susanne 5 Replacements and Going Strong

Susanne,
Sorry to hear you fell, frustrating. Retirement cannot come soon enough.
Unfortunately as we age our peripheral vision awareness can decrease, especially up and down. You can start increasing your awareness just sitting there and reading this, as you are looking at the screen keyboarding, become aware of your hands and arms, or your dinner plate at a meal (while looking forward).
Next time you have PT make sure they help you with balance, vision, and hearing awareness, tuning up your senses and responses to challenges in our environment.
Take care of your self this weekend, lots of rest, ice, elevation, and medication on schedule as prescribed.
 
I'm sorry you had another fall, Susanne. Roll on retirement day!

Rest, ice and elevation seems like the correct way to go. Hugs! :friends:

Thanks I thing retirement is correct way to go but I need 1 more yr


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well finally figured out one reason so off balance had eyes examined last week and big change in left eye!! So after picking out new frames to mark this joyous occasion I finally picked up my new glasses and with them on you guessed it 20/20 what a difference not squinting and seeing clearly can do for a persons mentality
The best part of my miserable week was that my step daughter broke up with her new bf of 1 week and had bought tickets to cirque de sol floor seats to boot!! we taxied in and out to venue door to door and managed to beg security to use elevator to get to our seats
The most amazing show I have ever seen and this is comings from my exs family' who all worked on broadway, so got very spoiled with theatre It made me so happy just to do something fun after such a miserable week
Now back to icing elevating and a few meds to add to the mix
Still no X-ray results and will be talking to both my drs about what to do about work
Thanks for all your good wishes
To be continued hopefully with good news [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm glad you went to Cirque du Soleil and enjoyed the show. It was nice that you could do that special thing with your daughter.

The new glasses sound great. I hope they help you to feel more secure, and maybe to avoid more accidents.
I hope all your bumps and bruises are healing.

Hugs! :friends:

.
 
The show was phenomenal still waiting for X-ray report
Thinking of taking a few days off from work until this swelling goes down some
Now my knees feels like they're on fire it's 2am and slowly but surely my ice packs melting even though I have ac blasting!!!
Also now ankles going in to cramping spasms what's that all about??
I give up


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Received X-ray report no fractures or broken anything. Brought to my DO. ( I should just call him my PRP savior) he noticed that rt knee is showing more space. Now it's just boo boos ( like a 3 yr old) and inflammation. Said besides icing to ride bike to get swelling down from knee
Back on wkmans Comp for 2 weeks than I'll have 2 more weeks
Waiting by to see my surgeon
want him to double ck replacement
To be continued..... it's so hot here even with ac my ice packs melting so fast!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well it's good nothing is broken but inflammation is such a bear to control sometimes. Good that you are getting your surgeon to double check.

Sending you cooling sea breezes from East Yorkshire.
 
Thanks. So hot here in the high 90s with high humidity!!! Now I can't breathe


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Both shoulders and hips replaced with last replacement (left hip) April 26, 2017. Left knee is next but can wait a while. Fortunately everything went well for all four replacements.

Thankful my current insurance pays for everything except for $25 office fee.
 
I'm only 5 bc my hip dislocated 3 years after I had it done. I don't think I can ever go thru another' especially knee replacement ever again
Great about insurance. Mine is now $40 co pay for specialist but my hip and knee under Workmans Comp
Good luck with upcoming knee. My neighbor just had his done ( older gentleman ) and within 2 weeks he was going Up and down steps
Now walking Great!!

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Finally my surgeon double checked my knee allis well. Unfortunately the Workmans Comp papers were wrong and they only wrote down left knee. Is it time to retire ???
The new director who I thought was so nice had called my dr to see if I can come in and do paper work. They said no. I asked him why he Wouk do that if I'm on Workmans Comp can't just come in. His reply was well I'm pretty certain that this will happen to you again. I said excuse me. He again said yes I'm sure you will fall again. I said that's the most horrible thing you could say to me he said but you will and turned his back to finish a webinar he started. As I walked out if his office holding back tears I turned to him and said not only is that so mean but extremely unprofessional
Too bad can't say anything to higher ups he's it.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
:yikes: I am stunned. What a horrid person that director is! That was totally uncalled for! Do you have to work with him directly? I would speak to HR. That's just plain harassment and bullying!
 
It's getting real bad at school. These are all new people that came in. Staff getting in uproar. Getting crazy and because it's a pvt school no one over him. The HR person just started and doesn't know what he's doing. Stuck between a rock and a hard stone Although retirement coming soon it's still the insurance I'm so worried about
Thanks again for letting me vent
Oh and best one. He's docking me for a Workmans Comp drs appt!!!!
I already spoke to my Atty to see if he can do this. With all my Comp cases never had been "docked" for the day when I saw dr.
Unbelievable


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sounds like pure and simple bullying to me. The HR person doesn't have to know what he is doing. Just use the word bully and they will have to investigate.

Don't let this guy make you walk out when you are not ready to. That's obviously his goal. What a creep! How long before you retire?
 
I don't believe it's allowed to dock you for anything connected to your Workman's Comp case. Your attorney will know for sure, though. Of course when you inform this guy that he can't do that, he'll likely be even more irritated at you. But be tough! Be sure you document all these little events with date/time/who said and did what. If you need to down the line that can be great documentation for a "hostile work place" claim. I'm constantly amazed at how crass some management can be with valued employees. It's obvious this gentleman has very few people skills going for him.
 
Jamie I wrote verbatim what he said it's on my phone. Just wish I could have tapped him but don't know how. Just biding my time. I'm a strong believer in karma he's trying to change too much In such a short period of time to keep the school going. The school has been failing their audits so trying to rectify all the missing paperwork
It's such a scam!!! Just feel bad for the kids if school closes they have no place to go plus every time I fall body aches all over


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Looks like you are closing in on Medicare eligibility, time to sign up.
IMO, I would look into the ins and outs on COBRA to see if you can retire two months before you are eligible for Medicare, and still have coverage if you need it during that two months. I think you have 2 months to decide to take coverage or not.
 
Thanks I've been overwhelmed with all the options I've been getting in the mail. AARP, emblem
BcBs oxfords. Who knew so many
My knee and hip will always be covered by wkmans Comp. That's one less thing to worry about


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Get some help with figuring out what Medicare plan will be best for you. There are free advisors available so start checking with your local office on aging. They should know the resources available to you. Usually there is an office like this in each county's government.
 
Thanks. I have a guy ( doesn't everyone ) who dies everything


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Back
Top Bottom