Susanne 5 Replacements and Going Strong

I love that you've stayed active here on the forum all this time!!! :loveshwr:
 
Aww thanks. Like hearing everyone's stories and if I can help anyone the way you've all helped me than it's a win win situation
I'll keep you posted on the fat transferring I think we could make a fortune on that idea!!!!!!
[emoji173]️[emoji173]️Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Susanne, don't be scared of a catastrophe during surgery. Do you know that knee replacement is THE most successful and most performed surgical procedure in medical history - ever? That says something - that it's safe and successful.

I marked out two spurs on your knee - I had some almost exactly the same!

[Bonesmart.org] Susanne 5 Replacements and Going Strong


Do you find it difficult to lay on your side or get sharp episodes of pain when walking?


I suggest you print this document off and fill it in - it will give you a much better idea of where you are at with your knee. In fact, print off a few and fill one in every month or so and then you'll be able to track your progress - one way or the other.
 

Attachments

Thanks Josephine I will look into the papers and chart my knee
I have no pains when walking or sleeping on side. Saw my DO today who said my T bands tight/muscles
Even showed the PT at work the spot which is the outer part of knee. The dr did stretch my legs and did some back adjustments
He also removed so much fluid from my knee ( definitely not a fun experience) but was able t walk out of his office with NO pain
So maybe all the exercise, stretching, yoga etc is helping
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I think I need some help/advice
I have been getting intense leg cramps in calf and upper thigh
On my thigh I can feel where the muscle is pulled and can usually rub it out. But my calf and across my ankle another story. Just now I woke up to the strange feeling in my calves and across ankle. Tried to get up and walk but wasn't able to put weight on it or walk
Stretched legs against wall for some relief and continued to try and put leg down to walk. This went on for a half hr. It's now 2:30 am here in NY and so far I've tried the following!":
Ice pack on calf and ankle
Leg cramp relief to rub on the area
600mg gabbapentin (3 hrs ago)
Now the weirdest feeling in my hip
The one that was resurfaced in 2007 and replace 2010
It's a sharp stabbing pain that I've never had before My knee doesn't hurt ( the one with the PRP) at all
And ankle ( the one I tore the ligaments in last summer) has been hurting on and off. Maybe due to so much rain we are having --
and the pain goes across my ankle
At this time I'm writing this down it's now 2:45 am
[Bonesmart.org] Susanne 5 Replacements and Going Strong
so I'm tracking time and pain level in these areas
Now I'm so concerned about hip!
I've applied ice on both legs and hip and have been sleeping with these gadgets on my toes (see pix)
Still don't know what to do short of crying and praying this weird feeling of pain goes away. I'm stumped bc there is no muscle bulge on ankle just stabbing pain like a needle going in poking around
Any ideas what to do?
I've also been doing yoga stretches every day and night and roll in foam roller
Just don't know where it's coming from
Had anybody had any experience like this before ? It stopped for awhile than just started up again
HELP!!!'thanks Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
HI @susanne - I'm sorry you're having such a dreadful night. :console2:
I really don't understand why. If you can ride the night out, I think it would be a good idea to go see your doctor in the morning.
 
That's an obvious one. Since it's Sunday have to wait and pray [emoji1317][emoji1317] doesn't happen tonight.
I already spoke to pain mgmt dr who gave me gabepentin
But not the hip pain is concerning me. The stabbing sharp pin like feeling
Has anyone ever had that!!'
I'm getting so frustrated. Ready to sign myself into asylum for the pain is there such a place
:(


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Susanne,
I hope you have some relief this morning. Are you drinking enough water? Are you getting all your vitamins and minerals?
I like to squeeze lemon juice into a glass of water, I add a packet of Stevia to take the edge off the bite.
I am going to give you a link to Poppet's nutritional articles in the library, in the hopes there will be something that will help you.
https://bonesmart.org/forum/view/library-nutrional-articles.84/
 
Yes pumpkin. I take a lot of vitamins including potassium and magnesium and drink so much water I can float away
I just don't understand why this keeps happening. Nor do the many Drs I see. It's so frustrating , and painful. And I've had a bar of soap under my sheets forever.
I don't know what else to do
Thanks. I'm restless in ny


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So sorry you are in pain @susanne ! It's so frustrating when you can identify the cause. I hope you can get in to see someone tomorrow. Please keep us updated.
 
Waiting to see neuro next week in the meantime taking gabapentin drinking so much water etc and of course have the above to hold down my toes!!
The worse thing is that I feel it coming on and then have panic attack. Using ice creams anything to relieve pain. Just don't know why this keeps happening

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
susanne,
Sounds like you are doing everything you can. I hope someone gets to the bottom of why this is happening to you.
Wishing some sleep for you tonight.
 
Thanks I usually read myself to sleep and try not to focus on these crazy legs!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You know Suzanne, if we had that much smow here the country would close down(and has)!! You really are going through the mill, hopefully things will get better soon.
 
Going for epidural in back. To be continued......


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Best wishes. I hope the epidural relieves your pain.
Hugs! :friends:
 
Susanne, I'm so sorry to hear this is happening to you. I wish I had an answer.....I'm as stumped as your doctors. I hope you get some pain relief soon, though. Don't give up on trying to find the source of the pain, though. It just takes the right doc with the experience to have seen something like this before.
 
Had epidural last week and was able to leap off table. I don't know how this dr does it but after going to so many other pain specialists and treatments he's the only one that does it right. My PT and ot friends at work couldn't believe the difference in one day. Crossing my fingers it lasts awhile
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL[emoji173]️[emoji173]️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am so happy to read that you got some relief! Take it a bit easy - you might be a bit sore for a couple of days. Fingers crossed this continues!
 
I'm glad the epidural is working for you, Susanne.
 
Back
Top Bottom