Susanne 5 Replacements and Going Strong

Thanks ladies. I'm crossing my fingers every night


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Happy Mothers Day!
Glad to hear the epidural is working, :yay:.
Has anyone suggested a pain pump?
 
I'm good. Knee feels good back feels good and my daughter came in for mothers day. Can't complain



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170515_52256916fb927c3d2d655b25417ebfc1.jpg



Sent from my iPhone
Mother's Day 2017[emoji173]️[emoji173]️
 
Hey, you're smiling!!! So glad to hear you're feeling well. Hope it continues and this does the trick for you.
 
Lovely photo, Susanne! Is that your daughter? Your smiles are so alike.
 
Yes my daughter emily came in from Chicago for Mother's Day
And yes that's actually a smile and not a grimace of pain!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So great to see you smiling! Long may it continue!
 
Thanks. Knock wood!! [emoji173]️[emoji173]️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Not smiling. Tripped or slipped on new cordless broom coffee and I skidded across dining room
Cried for about 1/2 hr. Realized that wasn't going to help anything
Iced knee the non tkr one. Had a booster of PRP in rt knee and removal of 20cc of fluid
Had another epidural in back and finally feel much better
Guess this will be my new life cycle
PRP epidural and hopefully not falling!!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm so sorry you had a slip/trip, Susanne. I'm glad the epidural helped again.
Take care of yourself. Hugs! :friends:
 
Ouch! Easy does it my friend! Hope you can get some rest and recovery time.
 
Rest not in my vocabulary. Have 4 days off til mon june 3rd than 6 weeks more and done
I know longer vacuum coffee yes floors stay the way they are!!!!
Just so glad I was able to get another epidural I was literally bent over like an old hag
SMILE BACK ON MY FACE!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sorry you had a tumble, glad you are feeling better. Looks like you are on a countdown to retirement. The 6 weeks will go fast!
 
I'm hoping!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ok I give up I need to be in an armored head to toe suit
After feeling fine after my little mishap had another fall at work
This time one of the kids put step stool in front of sink where I was standing as I went to turn I didn't see the little stool and went flying over it, landed up side falling on my hands and both knees smack on hard floor. After laying on my side I was able to sit up on floor, trying so hard not to cry.

Nurse brought up ice packs which I placed on every replaced body part. Of course both my Drs are out today so I went to local urg center for X-ray. Dr thinks they are both just really bruised and said to rest, take Tramadol for pain and need to wait for X-rays to be read.

So now laying back on my trusty wedge with ice packs trying hard not to cry any more

Just don't know why this keeps happening. Is someone trying to tell me something?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Knee on left is the TKR (2014)
I'm thinking it's bruise and is turning black and blue
It also feels spongy feels like there's fluids in there.

The right knee, which seems grossly swollen, is the one that I've had the PRP treatments which was feeling great! The Dr removed 20mls of fluid and gave me a blood booster it was feeling so good!!!!!

Do I continue with ice or try some heat
I feel like I go 5 steps forward and 7 back
Can't take too much of this
Please any suggestions welcome

[Bonesmart.org] Susanne 5 Replacements and Going Strong
 
I'm sorry you had another fall, Susanne. Roll on retirement day!

Rest, ice and elevation seems like the correct way to go. Hugs! :friends:
 
susanne, as you can see, I modified your images a little.

I can see they are badly bruised just below the joints which is also just under the knee cap which is the tibial tubercle, the place that carries weight when the person kneels - where the blue dots are. This spot is designed to take the brunt force when we fall on our knees as you did - so hardly surprising that there is gross swelling.

[Bonesmart.org] Susanne 5 Replacements and Going Strong


You should do just what the doctor suggested - rest, ice, elevate and take pain meds. With Tramadol, you need to take 50mgs every 6 hours with 1,000mg Tylenol until is starts settling down.
 
Josephine thank you so much for putting my mind at ease I guess when I fall I do it right
As you remember ice is my best friend guess we'll be spending the weekend together
The only bright spot is it's not winter
Still so nervous about going back to work hopefully when I speak to my DO or ortho they'll tell me to take a vacation! Don't think I've made it a full year since 2007 at school
Again thanks for your reassurance
Still waiting for X-rays


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Back
Top Bottom