Susanne 5 Replacements and Going Strong

Oops meant does everything


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I hate to say this ( I think the director put a curse on me) got my shoe stuck in these huge lunch bags that they carry the schools lunch in. Fell again on both my knees. Thankfully I was able to hoist myself up holding on to the refrigerator doors. Iced right away but didn't want to fill out any forms yet. My right knee so bruised and swollen. Wearing baggy pants tomorrow so no one will see my knee brace. So happy I found my ice pack holder have been using ice pack since 3 pm it's now 12am.
I don't know what's wrong with me. Had a full neuro work up tests and all are ok should I just stay away from refrigerators or work? If tomorrow still bad will go to urgi center for X-rays but since no witness except the 2 staff members that saw me cry might have problem. Guess these are more questions to ask my Atty
Just don't know why I keep falling. Also had eyes checked and needed new rx. What else do I need to do
This is getting a little scary
Picture to follow


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sorry put up the same 2 pictures too many times. You'd think by now I could get it right
Sorry Josephine and Jamie I couldn't delete


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Left is my TKR from 2014
Rt is the knee I've been doing PRP injections

[Bonesmart.org] Susanne 5 Replacements and Going Strong
 
Any suggestions besides icing all the time. Is it time to see new neurological?? Don't know why I keep falling, tripping over things besides the fact that I'm always in a rush running from classroom to classroom. I'm so done with this. So depressed don't know who or what steps to take. Although I'm trying calming oils. Who knows maybe natural is the way to go
And suggestions greatly appreciated
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Susanne,
You are falling way too much, something is not right. I would start with your primary and see who they recommend for falling, balance. Seek out a Tai Chi class, a good class for seniors can help with balance etc.
Ask for a PT that specialized in vestibular rehabilitation, they can evaluate you for inner ear problems, that may be contributing to your frequent falling. They should also do balance screening to help determine other contributing factors.
Talk to your pharmacist about your medications, many medications can effect your balance.

You need someone that is going to look at you as a whole person. I suspect there will be more than one contributing factor to your frequent falling.
 
I did speak to my neuro who cut back gabapentin for my leg cramps. Think I'm always rushing to much from class to class but will ck with my internist


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Pumpkin I know I know. Finally taking some time off.

Went to meet my daughter and her friends down the Jersey shore Long Beach Island. My daughter noticed how weird I've been walking said I'm swinging my rt leg out in a weird way. Funny that's the only leg that doesn't hurt. But just recently noticed that my left hip has been giving me some trouble pain wise I'm hoping I won't need another replacement because that's what it's starting to feel like. Just my luck.

I'm going for another epidural in my back ( he's the pain specialist ) and it's been helping for 2 months. I feel if I have to do this every 2-3 months and takes pain away It will be well worth it. Back surgery out of the question. I'm also going to see if my DO the one who does the PRP will see if it will help my hip

I've been riding my exercise bike and walking more and if needed using my new cane. I just want to be wrapped in bubble wrap or never leave house. I was kind of hoping I might get fired and go on unemployment for awhile but that didn't happen. In fact getting Merit award raise.

When I fell again ( getting shoe stuck in lunch bag handle) the last day of school gave in accident report. So thinking when director sees this he'll say he was right! No one else but me goes to all different classes. So I think starting sept I'll just slow down and be late for covering classes. Can only do so much.

Will keep you posted on Drs visits as soon as I make them. Thinking this short 4 day beach trip will be a big help mainly spending time with my daughter who just turned 30!! Where did the years go?
Thanks for all your advice and concerns

Lobster earthing so dainty like Darryl Hannah from movie splash

[Bonesmart.org] Susanne 5 Replacements and Going Strong


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So I've cut way back on the gabapentin my daughter brought me back a natural remedy from Colorado with apple cider vinegar. I dabbed it on my legs not realizing you're supposed to drink it. I don't think I could do that without a vodka chaser. Let's see if this might work plus using some natural oils until I get to see doctor
Realizing how stiff my hips are so I'm either stretching with bands or stretching in general. Everything I read about stretching includes sitting on floor which I can't do
Think I'm getting my hip and knee exercises mixed up. Is stationary bike riding ok? Think walking on sand even with my cane wasn't such a bright idea
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Susanne, you gave me my laugh for today! I can just imagine you dabbing the remedy on your legs.
Thank you. :friends:

Yes, I think stationery bike riding is OK and I agree that walking on sand is very hard on bionic joints.

I don't think I'd do any stretching using bands, but I'll defer to @Pumpkln , who knows more about exercises than I do.
 
Ok. Glad I could make you laugh. My daughter was hysterical too


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Had my epidural in my back today. I call him my miracle worker. In and out in 20 minutes. Said my legs are probably hurting so bad due to back problems. Since surgery definitely out of question I will continue with the epidurals as needed. And hopefully will last more than 3 months
Tonight I'm going to bed relatively pain free. Knock wood
Off to Florida Thursday for my moms last friends 100 th birthday. I'll probably be the youngest one with a cane. Just taking for precautions


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Have a safe journey, Susanne - and enjoy yourself.
I'm glad the epidural has helped.
 
Thank you. Just bought a fold up cane just in case


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I keep a fold-up cane in my car, for days when it's wet or slippery underfoot.
 
@susanne I am just catching up with your thread. I am so worried about all these falls you are experiencing. Are you dizzy at all? Or just rushing around too much?

Hope the epidural works - I had 3 and 2 didn't do a thing.

Enjoy your Florida visit!
 
I still have a cane in my car, just in case!
 
Epudurals are my God send. I'm
Able to jump off table and go on my merry way. Even helping leg cramps. I've cut back on gabapentin taking leg cramp pills by Hylan you put under tongue and have been wearing my sexy bunion splints during the evening at home
The falls I think is because I'm always rushing from one class to another if I'm not on time the toe tapping starts. Teachers don't realize I can't leave a class if teachers not back
So I'm now going to slow myself down this year.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Jamie . I seem to have 3 different names for different categories is this ok
Also can't log in at all
Also what's with all these ads. Is this something new?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
What are the different names please?

And where are you seeing the adverts - for what products?
 
Back
Top Bottom