@Cynthia777
I have been thinking about you too~ hoping you are doing ok and not in pain.
I am doing ok~ I realize I need to look at progress on a week to week basis ~not daily~ so since last week I have progressed! I still have pain but Tylenol
works to alleviate it. I am walking VERY slowly up to a mile a day. I am trying to loose the cane but my body won't let me~ I see my OS next Friday and will see if I need PT or Patience or both! I had a bit of a side step~ all of the antibiotics gave me a yeast infection~ ugh! That is an easy fix though ~ just another issue that will pass!!
I am actually inviting friends over for dinner tomorrow night~ close friends ~ so I don't need to clean too thoroughly! A couple of dishes, salad, grilling and a cute dessert~ brownies cut like stars and berries and cool whip ~red, white and blue! Fresh flowers and candles and it's done!
Whenever I read your posts, I always get this sense of peace that comes over me! It's the darnedest thing! Thank you for your prayers, I know God hears them.
I may be wrong but, I would imagine after all you've been through, a little slowness in your progress wouldn't probably bother you tremendously. I bet your thankful to be you got through that infected ion in one piece!
Your little menu sounds yummy AND adorable! I'm such an awful hostess, but I'm a great friend!
@Cynthia777
What a lovely thing~ I am glad I can help you feel peace. Not sure how it works but somehow I believe our angels are arranging things for all of us!
I am ok today that I am progressing a little slower but I must admit I am worried about where I will be when school starts. I have this little prayer where I say I humbly ask God to heal me so that I may serve Him. So I figure wherever I am when school starts is what is supposed to be. I will ask for help if I need it and realize when I let others help me it might be their way to serve Him so that it is all Good.
I can tell you must be a wonderful friend.
Hi @Sullivand
How are you doing? I just read back on your original posts. Oh boy what a journey the past 6 months have been for you . Isn't it amazing when things come together though and the light at the end of the tunnel is approaching? You have done fantastically. It bought tears to my eyes to read about your daughter thinking they were going to loose you ..... and look at you now.
30 -40 yrs ago in UK in public service when someone returned to work after long term sickness or with a disability they would be slotted in to a quieter job not heavy front line. That does not happen anymore as those jobs have been cut. Be careful to stage your return carefully. I am sure part of the healing is having time to look after ourselves psychologically as well as physically and you don't want to loose that. Take care
@copsham
Thank you for your well wishes sweet compassion and advice. I hope your foot is healing nicely!
I have had a journey that's for sure and it sometimes does take an emotional toll on me ~ I call the doctor when I get the least bit off! I have swollen glands, sore throat and a low grade fever returned for a few hours on Saturday so just to be safe I am seeing the infectious disease doctor on Wednesday morning. It is nothing but allergy I am sure but I will feel better having him tell me so! I still recall the fright and worry that embraced my family and want that way behind us~ I still feel so sad that my daughters had to endure that worry~ they would bring little gifts at my bedside~ an angel statue, prayer book and once a huge bling ring placed on my finger. My youngest had to drop a college course because she started to fail ~ her exam was the day after my first surgery. Poor girl~ the good side is she retook it this summer and made a B! So we are slowly recovering in many ways.
Today marks 9 weeks from my second surgery. My hip is doing ok still need Tylenol at least twice a day. I am walking a slooooow mile and have been for 1 week now~ before that a half mile. I still use the cane but can go without it for a little while. I actually walk on my school's campus because it is flat and there are many windows where I can see my reflection as I walk~ it helps me to see if I am limping. It is also a good exercise in seeing myself back to work (@Legin would be proud I am visualizing!) and coping with all that goes with a return to school each year. I am a calm sort of teacher and have good classroom control through a thorough plan based in honesty and open communication w my students. We usually have mutual admiration for one another which allows for good learning and so I hope that part of me will continue. It is a pretty campus with bird houses and butterfly bushes and wonderful play equipment where I often see and chat with former students playing basketball, throwing frisbees or scooting on their skateboards as I walk with or sometimes without my cane. It is healing for me as was writing this post and hopefully will help with the psychological return to work as you so perfectly put it @copsham.
Thank you to all you hippies who have been so supportive!
@Sullivand so happy you are to the point you can look back now. Our families do take alot don't they? But we do for them as well. That's what family love is all about. I just noticed I am now a senior too! Lol.
Aye I am proud lass. I'm so not surprised by tour teaching philosophy. You have to gain a level of respect from the young people its not there by right. Keep on smiling
I am in week 9 1/2 and went to see the ID doctor yesterday. I had lab work done while I was there. I went to church service today and prayed for all of you hippies who have been so compassionate and brave! As you know~ my hip replacement was the result of strep in my bone. After church my ID called to say the lab results are abnormal so he is having me go back to the hospital for an Aspiration~ they will take fluid from my hip and will biopsy it and put me on an antibiotic. I have done a bit of weeping but know I am in Gods hands and I will be ok. It could just be a silly virus but we are taking the safe route.
Oh, I am sorry to hear this. Did the ID doc grow a culture? I'm praying for you @Sullivand . There is a purpose and a reason, I know it's hard to hear this as it would be hard if positions were reversed. But we know there's nothing else to be done except listen/obey the dr and give it to Him.
I loved that my ID always erred on the side of caution, so it looks like yours is the same. Maybe that's a characteristic of a good ID. Mine even told me she consulted with her mentor who works at a different hospital in town, just to be sure my treatment was exact protocol for my type of staph. I'll be looking to see what the cultures grew. Chin up, but cry if you want to!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.