Hip Infection Surviving THR Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh honey. My heart just sank reading your update. I'll be sending you love and healing. And yes, have a good cry, spill out fear and frustration to prepare for mental and physical tenacity of this next step. ❤️❤️❤️❤️


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
My gut reaction was "It is not fair" "You don't deserve it"! BUT who said life would be fair?

I think the being on tenterhooks is hard. We put such a lot of ourselves in to healing and at times need a rest. Oh well we will be in tandem for the next bit of our journeys (((( HUGs ))))
 
So sorry to hear this! Wishing you strength and peace as you wait for more word on this current bump in the road!
 
Oh dear pal life throws hurdles often at the strongest. I really feel for you but hey I'm sure you will bounce back with your ever caring nature and manner. With you all the way

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@KarriB
The cultures will be grown from the Aspiration that I will have done tomorrow. You are right~ my ID doctor is overly cautious and pushes the support personnel to take care of me immediately ~ I saw him yesterday, labs were done today and tomorrow I'm in the radiology dept to have the aspiration. He is a gem if a doctor ~ I trust him and feel blessed he is on my team!
@Legin @donor @Tweefishy @Granny Di @copsham
@agileHippie Thank you for your well wishes and heartfelt encouragement! My family and friends have started to rally around but my hubby is quite worried. I pray he keeps up the strength~ it's been a long six months.
Your well wishes mean extra more as each of you have your own " bumps" in the road. Thank you ~ will keep in touch!
 
hello @Sullivand
Glad you have your trusted doctor it is great if you feel your doctor is on your side. It is such a big thing but could turn out to be something minor - what a worry. Fingers crossed for the very best outcome. Poor hubby I think sometimes it must be so hard to be an onlooker and a carer in all of this. My husband is so supportive but he is be stressed inside re my non weight bearing from time of op for 12 weeks. Oh well ....

Look after yourself, you are a great Bonesmartie and appreciated by us all x
 
I am home from the hospital. My first appointment with the OS was positive and my X-rays show the implant is in place and working like it should. 90 degree restrictions are raised but with precaution and not forcing it~ I can't get down to the toes very well anyways! Also I have been walking correctly and no PT for now~ I do walk with the knee turned in but surgeon said that he did that because of amount of bone in hip that was damaged and it made me sturdier. It should work itself out. I have swelling and can use a compression stocking which I'm glad as it gives me more energy.
So the Aspiration went well but they didn't get much fluid to run all the tests the ID doctor wanted but he said enough to run the basics. He said it was actually good there wasn't much fluid because it tells us there is not pus or infected fluid. I wait until Monday for final results and am now on antibiotic until we have more results. Still praying! :praying:
 
@Sullivand sounds like a mix of good and unsettling news. One of these days we will all have just good news to report. I will think of you until Monday and you get news from ID doc. Those calls cannot come soon enough. I had a bad case of meningitis few years ago, the ID doc was my lifeline. But had there been a gushing infection in your hip there would have been no lack of fluid to draw. However over a weekend the waiting seems hard. You always have supported me and all of us here....we will support you now for as long as it takes. Sending love ands hugs from CA. :loveshwr:
 
Little fluid is a good thing! With my infection, I had a small stream running down my leg. Enjoy the weekend! Tomorrow I am heading to the beach, but will look for a report from you. I'm praying my new knee does well in the sand and my old knee doesn't decide to die!
 
@KarriB
Have a wonderful time on the beach! I am sure you will do great getting around. Thank you for your thoughts and good wishes! :surfer:
 
@copsham
Thank you for your support! You are in my thoughts and I hope your surgery goes well and is uneventful. I will also keep your hubby in my thoughts~ you are right they do worry so much because they are the carer. I told mine to have as much wine as he wanted tonight so he could go right to sleep! Tomorrow is a new day. Stay well!:prayer:
 
@Sullivand I am so sorry to learn of this latest glitch in your recovery. Please know that you are in my thoughts and that I'm sending you those good old BoneSmart Healing Vibes!
 
Mini celebration mixed with fear over the weekend...prayers indeed coming to you! xoxoxox hoping for excellent news for you on Monday!


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
@Sullivand
For some odd reason, I have not been getting your alerts! I just now read what you've been going through and my heart is saddened. I'm going to ask The Lord to keep you in His loving arms and pray you do not have another infection. You have been through enough and now it's time for blessings to come your way. You are in my prayers my friend! God Bless!!!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom