Hip Infection Surviving THR Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you @Cynthia777
Your prayers mean so much to me. I am staying strong and have been to church every day that the cultures at the lab are being watched~ I pray for no infection. It is an exercise in faith building. :catbutterfly:
 
@Sullivand I did not know about your possible infection. I am sending prayers, hugs, and thoughts your way. You have had a time of it. Yet your positive attitude and compassion shows through with every post. Your students are blessed to have had you as a teacher. Hoping for answers tomorrow and relief from the unknown. Hugs again!
 
I just heard from the ID doctor and the labs are showing cultures that are clear and infection free~ the cultures are going to grow for two more days but he feels that it will stay clear but is being overly cautious. I see him on Wednesday for a check and hopefully clear me!
I can't thank ya'll enough for your prayers, crossed fingers and well wishes. I am feeling so blessed. :loveshwr:
 
@Sullivand I felt we both started our little new dramas at the same time. Let's hope we both get properly sorted soon . We deserve a little something good Soon or is that a Selfish thing to sayLOL good luck for weds
 
@copsham I believe it is not selfish at all! I think that somehow or another we are "givers" to everyone in our lives so that when it's our turn to ask for blessings and help, we feel guilty! I say lets throw those ideas out the window and start asking for healing! I have praying non stop and it's been a good thing. I will keep you in my thoughts and hope that foot makes a miracle recovery and thank goodness your hip is doing "ok" under all of the pressure. Take care of your self. :praying:
 
Praying for clear cultures tomorrow!!!! Excellent news so far! Sooo happy for you! ❤️❤️❤️


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
I hope you got more good news today. Thought this verse may be helpful.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Surviving THR Revision
    image.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 228
Hello dear hippies~ today was a good day. The final cultures from the aspiration came back infection free and I am relieved and indeed blessed! Also today, My eldest daughter flew in from No CA, my youngest is home from college and my middle daughter will come home from downtown in the morning~ a just because gathering that brings me joy. I am glad that we can celebrate wellness!
I had another blood test to follow up and see if the antibiotics given to me have brought the CRP back to normal. Whatever it might be we know it's not my hip and that is great news! I will catch up with you when my girls have left. I send healing wishes to each of you! :console2:
 
Wow good to hear! ..... Can relax now. What a relief. I hated the thought of you having to have major treatment again. Isn't it strange we feel that there is only so much we can take but then surprise ourself and cope with strength yet again. I don't know what else to say except Whew!
 
Great news! Now you can begin think about going back to school, after your girls leave of course!
 
Thank goodness you are infection free! Oi vey! What an ordeal that hip of yours had been creating! Hopefully it's all easy peasy from here. Glad u had a chance to revive your spirit with a full house. ❤️


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
Good morning Hippes! Thank you so much for your words of encouragement and happiness regarding my progress. My daughters are still here for a few more days and I have delighted making meals and waiting on them ~ my hubby does the clean up and grilling!
After the clearance from hip infection a UTI reared its ugly head so I am on more antibiotics but the good news~ it explained the abnormal blood work. I am taking it all in stride most days! I could easily go crazy with worry but that is what prayer is for.
So today marks week 11. I am still using a cane and do so quite gracefully now. I can go without it around the house but the limping starts. My OS thinks a few more weeks~I inquired about PT and he still sticks to the walking only philosophy but says he will send me if I want to go~ will think on that. I am still using Tylenol at least once a day ~ soreness is still at both scars and muscles complain but not pain that brings tears any more! I am not napping during the day! I am wearing a compression stocking with OS blessing~for swelling that I have even way before surgery. I hate it but it keeps fatigue away! I am trying to find the right one that doesn't press on the scars.
I am all set to return to work on Aug 4 but will put in a few hours each day next week to sort of work up to a full day. So with infection, two major surgeries and mini set backs~ this girl is making progress~not quite on fire but smoldering!:yahoo::martini:

Ps~I have been lurking, liking, agreeing and funnying on some of your posts! I will comment once I have the girls gone.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom