Hip Infection Surviving THR Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sullivand what strength are the tramadol you are taking? So sorry you have been on this roller coaster! 2 replacements for the same hip....wow. :(
 
@KarriB
I just heard from my GP's office and she is not in until Wednesday. Her PA says to take away one dose and do that for a few days or she said I can cut the pills in half. I think I will see if I can cut those little suckers in half! I am feeling better~ she also said a virus is going around and it could be coincidental to my weaning off the meds. So I think I'm ok. :)
@donor
The pills are 50mg so I am taking 150mg in one day. Thank you so much for your empathy! I was so sick at the onset~ passing out in doctors offices and vomiting in their trash cans kind of sick~ that I don't have a full grasp and memory of it all. My 20 something daughters have given me bits and pieces of it but they told me that they would cuddle together in bed at night and pray that I wouldn't remember my pain. It was during our Christmas so they were home and off from work and school. I am indeed blessed! This Tramadol thing is a mere hiccup! :)



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So the flu could be a good thing! But really good thing to speak with the PA and on Wednesday with the dr. Until then do what feels best with the tramadol and I'd continue to monitor your temperature. Of course the last bit is from a fellow infection survivor!
 
@KarriB
Well then you will understand why I just called the ID doctor. Decided to call him too~ I want him in my loop too! Gosh I wonder if we will continue to be worriers OR is this just being cautious?! I will vote being cautious. ;)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh no, @Sullivand , I would've called the ID also. I may have even asked you that a few comments back. I believe keeping everyone in the loop. Is the ID calling you back?
 
Prayers...first line of defense! :angel: Wonderful news on your fever, as it was a bit of a concern. As far as your caution...ALWAYS better safe than sorry, right?
 
@KarriB
I left a message with his nurse so I will wait to hear back. I feel it's all ok but need to be careful only 6 weeks post op!
@Cynthia777
:)



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Not sure if this is any help to you, but tramadol works even better when taken with ibuprofen. I take rx 800mg ibu and 50mg tramadol for my knee and general joint pain. I try not to take it every single day, but on days I swim, or have more activity planned, I take it and it really helps at least take the pain to a more tolerable level.
 
@dianehelen
Thank you for your suggestion w the Tramadol. I am working out how to take it now that I am feeling better. It's tricky isn't it?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I spoke to the ID doctor. He has asked me to keep track of my temperature and if it comes back or I feel worse, he wants me to come in for blood work. He said weaning off the Tramadol is usually not so hard and it could be causing the symptoms. But ~he suspects I might have picked up a virus. When I told my husband what the ID said, my hubby said he felt like he was fighting a bug last week but didn't want to worry me! Poor hubby~ he's usually such a whiny guy when he doesn't feel well!! He has toughened up! There you go~now my immune system needs to toughen up! Ugh! Thank you to all of you for your encouragement and support!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Did your ID mention taking a probiotic? I know they are controversial, but I started taking one when I was on 2 different antibiotics to ward off Cdif. I've continued it since then, haven't caught any viruses from my students and have been amazingly healthy. The probiotic helped my stomach deal with all the antibiotics as well. But at least the ID isn't worried about infection.
 
That just seems so unfair after what you have been thru to pick up a random virus ughh. Sure hope you start feeling better soon.
 
@Sullivand
There absolutely is a virus going around! My daughter and several of her friends came down with it last week, as well as an escrow officer I do business with. It seems to last three to four days.
 
@KarriB
Yes I took the probiotics while on the antibiotics but once I finished w the antibiotics the probiotics began interfering w my own system making the "flora" and it caused bad cramping~ oh geez probably way more than you needed to know! So I just need to increase my fruits and veggies!

@Cynthia777
A virus from CA to Georgia is one bad bug hahaha! Actually, I have heard we have something going around in our neck of the woods too!

@dianehelen
I am doing ok and a little virus is an ok thing compared to infection which I am going to pray it's not! I know you know what I mean. :) you are an infection fighting hero. We need t~shirts that brags on us~ KarriB you too!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hello dear Bonesmart friends. I woke up this morning fever free and feeling very good. I am weaning off the Tramadol with little event now. It was a set back with a virus. I am so so thankful. I took a 25 minute walk and went on two brief errands and watered plants in my back yard. All with my cane and not very gracefully but with a happy spirit! I am resting and icing now! It is in the 90's here in "HotLanta" and we hunker down in our homes in the afternoons like ya'll do in the winters. I am so thankful for your continued support and prayers. :)I know it is why I am healing!
I am reading others posts as the June hippies are coming to the other side! It's so great to see so many moving towards their new lives! I am posting good thoughts by paying it forward like you all have done for me! Thank you!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
What great news! I feel your hot, and raise you a few degrees it's a toasty 95° here in St Pete Beach, FL. Keep feeling good :-)
 
Yay! So glad it was just a virus and you're feeling better today! Icing while its in the 90s would be great! Although I'm well north, the heat and humidity are oppressive to me. It's been raining in the mornings then the sun comes out and the humidity is awful. But even the heat can't over shadow your good news!
 
Aww thank you @dianehelen
You can have that extra 5 degrees! I had plans to drive to FL with my husband and hit the beach~ but it is too soon. I need to be able to walk in the sand!! I hope to go later!



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom