THR SurreyGirls's 2nd THR Journey

Thank you! I chickened out of Pool Pilates today due to awful driving conditions but booked for next week!
 
How fun! It sounds like you had a nice summer! I really need and enjoy the one year or more updates! Righty just hit the year mark! Hearing your adventures helps me to gauge my own. I currently feel as if I could pass for Frankenstein’s daughter with my walking. Not the hands straight out but the stiff gait. My water aerobics seem to have lost traction since I returned to work. Your classes sound great! Very excited that you are writing now. Keep posting!
 
Aww, that is you!
I love the pic of you in your swim costume! :wink:
Have a great weekend, SurreyGirl.
 
Thank you! The actual costume itself is very glam and definitely a holiday costume…
I need to lose a stone before I wear it next!


Back to things hip related. I had a bad back yesterday so took some pills to relax the muscles before the spasms got too bad. My hips feel much less stiff today so definitely connected I think.

One positive, I can now drive 2 hour stints in my little mx5 without crippling myself and live driving it so really pleased that is back to normal… as I am now retired my hubby is very happy for me to drive when we visit friends so, if anything, I am driving more than when I was working.
 
Lose a stone...IF you feel the need to wear it proudly! I know you can do it, SG. Good Luck! :)
Glad your back is feeling better and you acted upon first signals. Getting comfortable behind the wheel does take some time...glad you're there. Enjoy!

I hope you're having a good Sunday so far. Still early enough here that I'm on my morning cup of coffee.
Have a great rest of the afternoon and evening!
@SurreyGirl
 
Happy to hear you are able to drive comfortably once again. We've been having chilly AM's so I washed my fur comforter yesterday & after I strip bed this AM it's going on for the fall season!
I've been doing a lot of fall type cleaning & my back was screaming yesterday after washing windows & curtains & ironing...I hate ironing. I love to clean but hate to iron!
Took Advil & chilled (literally with ice pack) for an hour & good to go once again.
Been enjoying following you now that you are retired, continue to enjoy everyday being Saturday!!!
 
Thank you! Sounds like you are very energetic…. We have “Autumn” here!

Drove 3 hours yesterday and my 5 year old left hip played up a bit but a warm bath when I got home sorted it quickly.

Decluttering today - I’m finding it hard!
 
Hmmm
I upped my aqua aerobics to 3x a week and yesterday evenings was very energetic.
New hip now playing up. Guess it IS possible to overdo it one year and one month in.

Up to now the aqua has been helping and my scar was also looking a lot better as was taking a while.

This morning my right hip is stiff and a bit painful. Particularly when laying on the non op side. I’ll be a bit more careful!
 
Sorry to hear that @SurreyGirl . I feel like I am always exhausted- we have been back at work since mid-August. I have not tried water aerobics since work started. I think I also notice weather changes more now than before. Are you using something on your scar? I went to a play this weekend and that was very nice!
 
Yes I use Biooil old fashioned but works. Glad you liked the play!
 
Small update!
I am playing violin for “Sweet Charity” this week and my first show in 4 years! The Pit a bit cramped so not an ideal angle for playing hip wise and a 2 hour round trip two days driving through floods on my little Mazda - in the dark. But coping ok.

Side sleeping still not right. Feels like something is being pulled and I imagine I can feel the Cup - but all in all it is still progress!
 
Hi! Hope everyone is doing well.

Positives; aqua classes going well and I can do all the movements.
And side sleeping better.

Negative: I took hubby to Brighton a few days ago for a treat and when walking a mile uphill , both hips stiffened up. I didn’t get any lingering problems afterwards but a year and 2 months on surely I should be better than this?

Am I hoping for too much and any advice?

I apparently have some arthritis in my lower spine but not sure if this is significant :-(
 
My hip complained quite a lot after walking down a steep, cobbled street in Clovelly. One year and ten months post op.
No advice, just to let you know you’re not alone.
I also have some arthritis in my lower back.
Stiffness passed after a restful couple of days. :umm:
 
Thanks GG! Maybe I need to do more weight bearing exercise. The pool stuff has helped with my flexibility but I may need to do more
 
I am very grateful for my replacements but am never quite sure about what I should be doing. Rt hip is at 14 mos. and lt hip is 5 mos. I am still very tired most days after work. Is anyone else still very tired? I want to do water aerobics but schedule doesn’t work out well. I also want better flexibility and stamina. I am still avoiding hills at the present. Getting up after sitting still needs improvement. I would say I am further along than hip 1. Thanks for sharing this @SurreyGirl ! Your response was also helpful @Gloucestergal65 .
 
when walking a mile uphill , both hips stiffened up. I didn’t get any lingering problems afterwards but a year and 2 months on surely I should be better than this?
Not necessarily. Walking uphill does put a strain on hips and surrounding muscles, which can cause stiffness and fatigue. You mentioned you walked uphill for a mile. Is that something you do often? If not, no surprise you felt the strain from that activity. Have a good week, SG! :)
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom