Surgery Date Aug. 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
sandpiper I've been in pain for year with my right hip. Over the past few years I've survived on steroid injections to keep me going. Yes, I have OA and I have a tear in my hip. I'm struggling big time now and even getting my knickers on are a challenge ! I was surprised to see how many young people on here have had it done. I include you and me as hound as we are mere spring chickens :dancy:
 
Forgive typing errors, my iPad has a life of its own lol x
 
Red Shoe. No problem with the typos! I'm on my i phone so I make plenty of typos!
At our age we are in our prime!!!

Sorry you are in so much pain. Are you on meds?
 
sandpiper yep on meds, I alternate between pure codeine and tramadol. I try not to take them too often as they make me feel a bit down when they wear off. A glass of wine works wonders sometimes :)
 
Red Shoe. Do you find sometimes they work and sometimes they don't? I find the tramadol works better at times than the percocet but can take up to two hrs to take affect. Other times the percocet is better. Seems there is no rhyme or reason to how or when they work.
 
Yes, zauberflote I am getting the royal runaround from these doctors! I want to change doctors now but my husband says no, stick with these 2. We'll see.
I have been waiting for this surgery almost a year already. First just 6 months until March. 1 when my husband was set to retire, then he changed it to August 1, now he has changed it again until Jan. 1, 2014 but will take off a month to 'take care of me'. Hehehehe, once before when I had surgery I had to get up out of bed the next morning to nurse him!
So I am sitting here having my coffee wondering will the Dr. really call me today?
 
I"m having a particularly bad day today. I sit here, on the couch (which is my "spot", my life right now) and look around my house. I love this house, it is so pretty and I am blessed....but....I can't clean my house. My husband does virtually everything now, because the pain in my hip has gotten so bad that I can barely walk. Depression has taken over my life, as well as the pain. I had to stop the Ibuprofen I was taking, because I developed an ulcer. Now that I'm on no pain meds, the pain has gotten markedly worse. I know I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but for now it just plain sucks being stuck in my "spot" and not able to do much of anything to contribute to my household or my life. Yes, I'm whining. At least I feel like I can whine here without much guilt!!
 
Jojool whine away, you are in good company, and are allowed to feel NO guilt. I am so sorry that you're down, but you have a real reason to be so! Re meds-- are you able to take Tylenol? It's pretty good stuff. And I was given tramadol pre-op, which is also pretty good stuff but you want to wean slowly or you'll get quite the crash. I'd think there'd be something you could take. I know Allycat had a patch, and a long-acting something, and another med as well. There's got to be help for you-- ask your GP?

LeeApril26 I am so happy to hear that not even two months post-op you were out having fun!​
heyheyhey! What about me? I am going out to see a movie tonight, at 4 1/2 weeks! I hope that the fun will outweigh the inevitable consequences LOL.
 
@zauberflote. You go girl!!! What are you going to see? I'm envious! You are an inspiration my friend! Let us know how you make out! Maybe a little cocktail afrerwards and some hot sex?! Ok.. ok... maybe that would be pushing it a bit. Lol
 
Jojool. I feel for you. Pain is a lousy thing. Thank goodness you are coming to the end of it! I know that doesn't help you right now but remember we are all here for you ! You whine away! You deserve to. If you notice I'm on here until all hours sometimes. If you feel like a good laugh or a good cry look me up! Lord knows I have done my fair share of whining! I'll bring a couple of glasses, some wine and a listening ear. We are all in this together! I have been on Meloxicam and tylenol for a long time and it just doesn't cut it anymore. The GP gave me Tramadol and percocets and it really helps. As for your hubby doing everything....I'm sure he doesn't mind and you will be back to yourself before you know it!
 
Hey guys! I appologize if some of my post are showing up mulitple times!!!! There is something wrong with my internet!!!! I just saw a repeat of some of my post as much as 3 times in a row!!!!!!!!!!! I'm frantically hitting the delete button on any double or triple posts!! Sorryyyyyy!!!!!!
 
Jojool Hi there! It looks like you are online right now? Not sure because my pc is going wacky!!! Oh no!! I NEED to be able to get onto Bonesmart!!!! LOL If you are online...just wondering how you are!
 
sandpiper Yes, I'm online....and I'm in quite a lot of pain today. I do have Norco that I haven't been taking since my ulcer was diagnosed, but I decided to take one this morning, I just can't stand the pain anymore. I'm hoping it doesn't bother my ulcer too much. I sit here, in my "spot" and just get more and more depressed. Gotta get myself outside (even if it is 105* here today) and get some sun.
 
Jojool........ so sorry to hear that you are in so much pain! Your Dr. must have something to give you for pain that might not bother your ulcer too much! With your surgery date coming up there is no reason for you to have to suffer. It's stressful enough and you should be as comfortable as possible!!
 
My Dr. has been less than helpful during this pre-surgical period. I've thought about switching Dr's, but at this point I just want to get everything done and overwith. Then, maybe I'll look for a new GP.
 
I don't blame you a bit! Your Dr. Needs to have a much more " this is all about you " attitude!!!
But i agree.... Get this behind you since you already have a surgery date. I have heard on here that many people have to wait a while for a surgery date. Luckily yours is not too too far off bit stil!!! With 6 weeks to go you need to be in the least amt. of pain possible!
 
I had the cutest comic for you! It was two horse, both bay but one with a zebra stripped hind leg. He said to the other..." I can't say that I am entirely happy with my hip replacement!" Lol i tried uploading it here for you but it didn't work!
Is that your horse in your picture?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom