Guest viewing is limited

Suffering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back from the pain management Dr.

He upped my morphine to 10 mgs.

He did not change the medication I was on even though I asked except the higher dose.

He asked if it was my right hip being replaced...and I said both hips...his eyes bugged out and he said, "Who is doing that?".:shk:

Then he told me when the hip is dislocated it is rough on the SI joints and not to be surprised if they hurt for a while & I may need to come in for more SI joint injections after surgery.

Was that a sales pitch or true?:sct:

And finally I asked for a list of "THE RULES"...and he provided that...he said you and your husband signed the "RULES" paper when you first came to me...I said I do not remember.

Kinda dumb to get them the 1st visit, sign it and give it back!! Who can remember EVERYTHING?
They should give the patient a copy to bring home!!:doh:

Tomorrow my daughter & I go shopping for my "hospital" clothes & stuff:shk:

C4


 
Well they should give you a copy if they want their rules followed, what are they thinking??
:sct:

As for the si joints - I strained mine really bad a few years ago. And have pain in that area off and on - and that's where I had pain when I first started walking with the cane after the second operation I had. But it wasn't that big a deal, I just needed to rest and take it easy for a bit longer. My dr's PA said that lots of people have some back/muscular issues after getting their hips fixed, because their body is in a somewhat new position. I think now my back actually is feeling better than before I had my 2 surgeries.
 
C4 God bless you. I hope you find something to ease your pain and your worries.

you are stronger than you think. the other post was so ON TARGET that dental pain and such don't compare to the relentless pain of a bad joint. you have come a long way and still have a ways to go -- but -- lord willing -- surgery will be here before you know it.

I don't think infections post THR are much of an issue now a days. our wonderful nurses can address that.

be kind to yourself and know that it is OK to be mad and to cry.

I will keep thinking good things for you and hope that the days pass quickly.

you of all people know this better than anybody -- but I find it is true that being around your trusted pets/animals has a calming effect on people. It may at least make you smile!

MCB:dogkiss:
 
I believe my post went into the wrong string -- can somebody help me out? sorry - I am technically challenged!
 
I suggest you delete it and post it again where you really wanted it. Much easier.
Just click on Edit and then you'll see a thing that says Delete. Just follow the instructions.
 
C4, what causes the pain is the bone rubbing on bone. Bone does have nerve endings and it also gets inflamed which adds to the total pain. Then all this spreads out into the local tissues around the joint, muscles and so forth, and that adds more to the total as well. Hope this explains it.
 
C4 God bless you. I hope you find something to ease your pain and your worries.

:dogkiss:


Thank you for your encouraging kindness!

Hospital clothes shopping tomorrow! I will have my daughter w/ me so I can Morphine up:thmb:

May God Bless you too!!!:catkiss:

C4
 
Well they should give you a copy if they want their rules followed, what are they thinking??
:sct:

I think now my back actually is feeling better than before I had my 2 surgeries.


Yes, a copy of "The 10 Golden Rules" would have been good to take home, who ever reads the stuff they sign anyway, LOL:lvros: Let alone remember it!!

Wow, I am glad your back feels better!!!
:jump:

C4
 
Thanks C4...I am hoping my back isn't so "touchy" in the future now that my hips are all fixed up. I just can't believe how much better I feel, overall.
I can't wait for you to get there too!!
Have fun clothes shopping!
 
I'm now catching up on everyone's post since I had such a bad day yesterday.. so C4, you are shopping for hospital clothes today. Let us know what you come home with.
I'm not a good shopper, I buy most of my stuff online and find that works best for me. Nothing wears me out more than going from store to store looking at clothes.

Good luck.
 
I am buying most of my summer wardrobe at thrift shops this year. I gained 30 pounds while I was laid up with a bad hip. Now nothing fits anymore. I don't want to spend too much money because I really hope to get back to a healthier weight, now that I'm exercising again.

Anyway, I live in a college town, so there is lots of cute stuff out there that the college girls don't want anymore. Buying second hand is not quite as bad as it sounds. :thmb:
 
I could have written that post, Alex! I lost 20 lbs last summer, got rid of all my bigger clothes (oops) and then gained it all back over the winter and now have almost nothing to wear. Add to that 3 growing boys and it was time to hit the consignment shop today! I found several things for myself and shorts for all of them - score!! :thmb: I'm not wanting to invest much money in clothes at this size as I want to loose again, but I gotta have something to wear now!!

Also found a like new, super cute Vera Bradley bag! I haven't been to the consignment shop in ages, though. I was doing most of my shopping online, like Syliva mentioned.....clothes shopping was just way too hard pre-THR.
 
Oh, Karen! I can just picture myself, pre-surgery, going to buy clothes with a reacher tool in each hand, since I couldn't bend over to pull things on... taking 20 minutes to try on each outfit and then finding that I couldn't get off the little bench in the changing room because it is too low. :rotfl:

Yes, online shopping is absolutely the way to go!
 
:agree: We have an amazing thrift shop run by an organization called S.O.S. and sale proceeds go back into social programs.. it's been running for 40+ years. I just love going there as they have everything and anything it seems and the prices have been kept very low.. I mean really low and half price sales weekly!! Some of the clothes I've found for between $1 and $3 are so nice, that I hate to pay retail for any clothing it seems.
The book section is amazing.. almost the size of a small library.. lots of furniture, dishes, toys, health aids... something for everyone and it is always soooo busy.:thmb:
 
I hate to pay retail for any clothing it seems.
.:thmb:

I love the thrift stores:wub:...shopped those when I was thinner and when the children were growing up.
Sadly the thrift stores are very limited in 2 & 3X's
:bow:
 
Hi,
Has anyone had issues with spouses getting snappy and short with you before your surgery??


I know my hubby has been doing more for me and he himself is in pain w/his nueropathy, (he was the bed ridden one last year), and I know the financial strain is really getting to him w/all his medical bills and now I will be having huge medical bills rolling in soon. We have an appt. tp speak w/ an attorney this coming week.

The last couple weeks he has been irritable, short...grumpy..
:sct: Is this a common occurrence?

C4
 
In my opinion, I'd say YES, as the stressors placed upon you as a family are huge. I myself get like that when overloaded.

In my case, when I get overloaded with stessors, I have to watch for signs of depression and work hard to overcome those.. Staying positive helps me.

Lack of proper sleep can also contribute to this behaviour also.:zzz:

Big hugs to you... one's illness affects the "whole" family and hopefully your hubby will be OK... his world has been turned upside down with your hip problem as you were the caregiver and now you need extra care.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom