Guest viewing is limited

Suffering

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL - should have known you'd ask that! Hip replacements aren't interfering with the gut so, no, it doesn't happen there.

No I hadn't read about the detail, only that you'd had a loss in the hospital. That's awful - gross neglect. I'm so sorry.
 
Oh C4, I am so sorry to hear about your step Mom, I hope she is doing better now.

Oh how I can empatize with you on the trials and tribulations of aging parents. My Mom has had so many falls and has had luck on her side and has only had a couple of cracked ribs.. last time she almost went down a whole fight of stairs, but was able to hang on to the banister.. so, she has now moved to the main floor...at my sisters and next Wednesday a Mon to Friday care giver (live in) is moving in.... we are all so relieved as she has been alone during the daytime while my sister works. My Mom is really shy around people other than family, so this will be interesting.. but it's better for her than going to an old folks residence.

Have you thought of selling your horse before? .. I am such a softie and couldn't imagine selling or even giving away a family animal.. So, I think you should really sleep :zzz: on that one and like you said, she'd be really hard to replace... ahhhhh

I hope and pray all goes well for you and your family...and your horse:D
 
Hi,
My step-mother's sister is out w/ her & my Father. My brother's wife just went home today. I am sure they will keep me posted.

That is great there will be a live in care giver for your Mom and i hope she gets someone she likes!

I thought about selling my horse this past fall when it was so painful to straddle & ride..I thought maybe I just needed a skinny horse...then I was diagnosed with THIS and only surgery will help!

Hugs,
C4
 
C4,
Sounds like your week just became chaos. I hope you get to feeling better. I'm sorry to hear about your Stepmother. It sounds like she may have a long and uncertain road ahead of her as well. Your are so strong, maybe you can encourage her. I can only try to understand the frustration and stress you are under. I worry about what I should do about work, money,and my health. I never really come up with answers though. I just distract myself with something else.
Your count down is getting short. Hang in there, and prioritize yourself. you need to allow yourself to rest. The world will wait. Only 30 days to a new beginning.

Amy:dogkiss:
 
Oh C4... A Skinny horse:hehe:.. oh how you made me laugh.. In spite of all that you go through, I love your sense of humour:thmb:

And do remember.. try to take it easy and look after yourself.. not long now.. one day closer!
 
Thank you all for your kind and thoughtful replies...I love :wub:the way you all use the little icons:thmb: Lots of good encouragement from all. :catkiss:

I was having some wine:ch-w: at night but became sick of it. I am using Ibuprofen...the morphine upsets my stomach...nothing is really helping at this point.:nah:

I pray the pain does not become worse:pray:Kind of hard to imagine it could but I do NOT want to find out!

Seriously thinking I will not be able to do all the pet groomings I have scheduled up until surgery.

I describe the pain as INTENSE radiating pressure. I cannot seem to find a position to diminish it. Then when I walk I often get stabbing knife pains in either hip, then of course it radiates in and around my knees...some thigh pain too...and groin.:cry: Is this what some of you experience?

C4:dogkiss:


 
C4,
Yes, that is the pain I feel even when I'm just sitting. I don't get the pain around the knee, though. Someone described what happens after standng in one place for any length of time - you can't even move, feel like the tin man. Most days I power through what I NEED to do, and then crash until the next day. These past 2 weeks of no Aleve has been particularly difficult. I also think I'm letting my guard down somewhat and noticing the pain more instead of ignoring it. Just think a few more weeks to new hips! Hang in there.
Kathy
 
Yes C4, I get the stabbing pains when I step too hard on my right foot and I hurt all around the knees and under the knee caps. If I walk too much without a cane or my walking stick, then I get really sore.

I don't know how you are going to make it through all the groomings either.. that's alot of time on your feet, not to mention the lifting, bending etc.

I just hope the pain doesn't completely put you down before your surgery date.

Take care and big cyber hugs to you.:cnsl:
 
What a morning! Ahhhh:shk:
The mentally ill & disabled woman I care for gave me a hard time!

She had her hysteria in room last night and carried it over to this AM...her body jerks/thrashes and contorts. These people seem to know how to just avoid really hurting themselves.

She does have a lot of control over it and it is mental illness NOT physical. She had diarrhea and was flailing around the bathroom floor making a horrific mess I had to clean up. Just what I need to deal with before work:shk:

Then she began to holler at me that it is my fault I am going to the hospital...over and over! I did manage to get her cleaned up and out the door for program....waiting for her van she is all "normal" again like nothing happened.

She is scheduled to go to respite 6/16.
I do not how I can cope w/ her mental illness behaviors in my condition.:cry: I cannot afford to send it out for a longer period of time.

Please pray for me & her:pray:

C4
 
Cfour, it is wonderful that you have cared for this woman like she was a member of your family. But maybe it is time that you turned that responsibility over to someone else completely. Have you ever considered that? With your physical problems and your husband's....you really have a lot to deal with and this just seems like such an extra and unneeded burden you have placed upon yourself.
 
But maybe it is time that you turned that responsibility over to someone else completely. Have you ever considered that?

True.....but caring for her is a large source of income for us! I am going to end up with 0 income! At least while I cannot groom caring for her still provides some income. I have no clue how other people here handle not working/having an income!!

Giving her up seems like a solution but we need some income and I have been doing this work for over 25 yrs! I do not have many employable skills.

I feel like our lives are in ruin!

I hope after the new hips I will be fine again......
....it would be quitting a job...she does have it good here....if I did not need an income to survive maybe it would be much easier to place her somewhere else.

I believe she is anxious about me going to the hospital and acting out in her way even though it is stressful and highly inappropriate.

I will buy a lottery ticket:D

Her behavior is extremely hard now that I am in this crippled condition. On the 16th she goes for 4-6 weeks respite.
Thanks,

C4
 
I see. Yes, you do have a problem. I wish I had an answer. I do think things will be better once you are through your surgery and recovery....maybe not perfect, but better. Things are always so much tougher when you are in extreme pain. I'm sorry you are hurting so much. (((HUGS)))
 
I see. Yes, you do have a problem.

Yes...it is a business arrangement, (trust me I am not that much of a saint:wink:)...the pain does make it all seem impossible because it is so painful to MOVE & apparently as surey looms she outburts more!
One customer dropped off a dog who is a pharmacist this AM.
He said I should not be in this much pain because there are drugs to help me and if I am nausead by the morphine he said the Dr. could prescribe something for the nausea to go away.

I see the pain Dr. again on Thurs. but do not have my hopes up he seems pretty conservative.
Thanks,
:dogkiss:
C4
 
Oh C4, you have such a huge load on your shoulders and it's admirable that you take in the mentally disabled woman, even if it is a source of income for you.

That must have been awful cleaning up all her mess in the bathroom.. you must have a really strong stomach.

I hope and pray :pray: that your surgery comes quickly and you are out of the horrible pain and can get back to dealing with your life once again.

It's a tough road you follow and that is why you are so strong. Please hang in there and come here and "let it all out".. sometimes putting a voice to our problems is healing in itself and add the support of all your cyber friends.. double the healing.

Big cyber hugs for you.:D
 
Oh C4, you have such a huge load on your shoulders and it's admirable that you take in the mentally disabled woman, even if it is a source of income for you.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"...my favorite verse.

I do love her and she really is tragic, (the lady I care for). Being mentally ill on top of mentally disabled:shk:

My pain does make coping extremely difficult.
Thank you for your support & encouragement!!!


Cyber Hugs back!!:cnsl:

C4
 
2,332,800 seconds.......38,880 minutes...... 648 hours...... 3 weeks (rounded down):jump::shk:

(wish it were sooner, the tears drip from the constant pain and I really do not have much of an appetite...great way to diet, not taking the morphine because it is too nauseating)
C4
 
C4, My thoughts and prayers are with you and I do hope your tears will turn into tears of Joy soon.. you deserve it for all that you have to deal with in life.:pray:

Be kind to yourself.
 
Hang in there C4, we're all thinking about you. Even if you are wanting to lose weight, do eat healthy so your body will be in good shape for surgery. It won't be long, time is flying by, or so it seems to me. Renee :dogkiss:
 
Thanks. :catkiss:

3 months ago I did not feel nearly like this!

I hope your time comes soon!:dogkiss:

C4












 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom