Guest viewing is limited

Suffering

Status
Not open for further replies.
C4 - 11 days ago I was where you are now. Constant tears, hardly able to move with the pain. Today I am well on the recovery road. You will feel better very quickly after surgery. I know you have heard this many times - but it's true. The old grinding pain will be gone.

For the last few weeks you must be good to yourself. You have limitations and you need to work within them. They will not go away. Three more weeks to prepare for a new life.

Take care!
 
I recommend tapping on meridians to calm you and help you rest. The more you do it, the better it helps. At first I thought it was hokey, but after surgery when I had some panic feelings, this was the only thing that could help. It's very simple to learn and only takes minutes. It helped me relax and fall asleep when I was in pain.
broken link removed: https://www.emofree.com/downloadeftmanual.asp
https://www.mercola.com/forms/eftcourse3.htm

We had to sell our horse (and give away the lame one) years ago when we moved from SC to Texas. We knew we couldn't afford to board them somewhere, even if we could find a place. It was sad, but we knew their lives were as good as when we had them.

Have you looked into social security and any other source of disability? It's such a shame you're having to keep on working in such rough circumstances.
 
Hi Cfourhorses,

I relly really feel for you as I was in the same position and had to work despite being in unbearable pain. I had and still have bills and am now in the position of having had one hip done now thinking about putting off the other hip replacement as I need to get back to work to pay the bills etc.
Its so bloody hard when your health is at stake due to money.

I dont know what you can do re money but try to do less when you get home to compensate. Ask people to help with things and rest as much as you can. I know its hard when you have family and a homelife to take care of but you cant do everything when your ill. This is a lesson ive had to learn myself.

I really hope things get better for you x
 
Cfour,
I was really sorry to come online and see this thread and see how much pain you are in.
I wish I could offer more help, but I am praying for you and the other pre-op bonesmarties - I know only too well how hard it is while you are waiting.
 
C4 - 11 days ago I was where you are now.
Thank you!
I just found this and seem right on track...I have been off the morphine but still am in constant neausea plus most of the others on the list! I am glad to hear in a while (seems like for ever) there will be relief! I am soo happy for you
:dogkiss:
C4
Pain is more than "just" hurting. Pain decreases your physical, emotional, social, and spiritual well being in a variety of ways. It affects you physically, mentally, and emotionally. With pain, you may:

  • Be less able to function
  • Feel tired and lethargic
  • Lose your appetite or have nausea
  • Not be able to sleep, or have your sleep interrupted by pain
  • Experience less enjoyment and more anxiety
  • Become depressed, anxious, or unable to concentrate on anything except pain
  • Feel a loss of control
  • Have less interaction with friends
  • Be less able to enjoy sex or affection
  • Have a change in appearance
  • Feel that you are more of a burden on family or other caregivers
  • Suffer more
 
Cfour,
I was really sorry to come online and see this thread and see how much pain you are in.
This is crazy...In March when I joined this board I felt GUILTY:evil: as I did not experience much of the suffering other's were...now I am initiated, BIG TIME!:doh:
Thanks:catkiss:

C4
 
Hi Cfourhorses,


Its so bloody hard when your health is at stake due to money.

/QUOTE]

I know! It is not like the debts care or wait for you to get on your feet!! :hissy:
People say $$ does not buy happiness...but it sure can help one along in life!
Today I was bitten & defecated on by an unruly customer.:rant:
My bite is not bad... the dog actually bit through the muzzle...BUT I believe the pain is keeping me from peke performance...this was not a bite I should have taken!:nah:

Thank you & hugs!
:dogkiss:

C4
 

Have you looked into social security and any other source of disability?


Yes, I have. SS is not for a short term disability. You must be not working and disabled for a minimum of 5 mos. then the possibly long process of applying starts. I pray that I am back to life before 5 months!:jump:

Being self employed there is nothing
:cry:

Awwww, I feel bad you had to give up your horses.:catkiss: In my case one is my daughter's and one I use for me and my handicapped lady....I hope I can hang on to them:pzld:

I will look at your links soon...I peeked but will be going to lay down and rest shortly.

Thank you.:thmb:

C4
 
OK...is this pain thing more a mental issue than physical? A friend told me tonight that I must stop thinking about the pain & be stronger.
I thought I had been until rather recently when I believe I am in more pain....:sct:

I also have a theory that maybe the hip injections I had a few months ago wore off and upset the apple cart in my hips...changed the balance in them so now they are more painful.:pzld:

I do not know....but I just cannot seem to ignore this!
C4
 
It sounds like your friend has been blessed with the good fortune never to experience serious, long-term pain. If she had, she would know it's not all in your head.

There may be sort of a mental component because I think lack of sleep makes the pain harder to deal with. You're losing sleep because of the pain though, so there's not much you can do about that.

Incidentally, I have a family member who said similar things to me before surgery... telling me that I probably didn't have a high enough pain threshold or that I was just complaining because I liked the attention. :doh:

Don't let people like that get to you, C4... every day brings you one day closer to your surgery date...
 
C4 I am so sorry - I don't understand the American health system but can your father have a nurse/ carer visit him once a day at home during your step mothers hospitalisation
As for your little quiet horse maybe lease him to a disabled riding facility until your surgery is done - that will give you incentive to get up and going !after surgery
Accupunture relived my hip pain ( which was nothing compared to yours) as did massage
I wish you all the best , remember "it is always darkest before the dawn"

Hoppy
 
I was going to say the exact same thing as Alexthecat, Cfour....your friend has obviously never had to deal with any kind of chronic, serious pain. My bil said something along those lines to me - that I was feeling more pain as I got closer to my surgery was something in my head. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! :hissy: Don't let comments like that get you down.
 
Quite so, girls! The uber-knowledge of the totally ignorant trying to silence the person they're talking to! Oye! :doh:
 
:agree: When people say it's in your mind, they obviously haven't walked a day in your shoes!! Ignoring this kind of talk is the best thing to do.
 
Thanks all.:catkiss:

Earlier I wrote an email and tried to explain to this 20 something lady. You all are correct...unless you go through this one cannot understand...best way I can put it is mid-labor with NO relief ever!:shk:

A broken 5 hours sleep last night w/ my Ambien.

C4
 
C4 but can your father have a nurse/ carer visit him once a day at home during your step mothers hospitalisation
As for your little quiet horse maybe lease him to a disabled riding facility until your surgery is done - that will give you incentive to get up and going !after surgery
Accupunture relived my hip pain ( which was nothing compared to yours) as did massage
I am thinking that is what my father will need. My brother, (who is a military Dr.), is just a few hundred miles from him, I am sure he and my sister-in -law will figure something out. My estranged sister may go out too, they would never tell me. At least my father has people that can coordinate services for him.

I am waiting to hear back from the handicapped riding program on a lease...however, they want a "long term" lease if any....I want my horse there for me when I am ready to ride! Then there is always the big issue of liability:evil:

I checked on acupuncture but our ins. will not pay and it would have to be an out of pocket expense. If I could afford it I would try it!
Thanks!!:dogkiss:
C4
 
Took morphine after work yesterday...did bring some relief:thmb: I think I will only take it after work.

What actually causes this pain?:pzld:

C4
 
Hi C4

A little bit of relief is good and maybe just taking the morphine after work will help you get through all of this. :thmb:

Jo and Jamie can better explain the pain, but I do believe it's the bone hitting the bone with no cushioning left as the cartlidge has degenerated.. add a couple or more bone spurs and nerve pressure etc., and it's a recipe for lots of pain and I remember Jo telling someone once it's like having a broken bone.. I'm sure others will be able to explain it alot more than I can.:pzld:

My 16+ year old big dog is really sick..started yesterday, throwing up, now at the bile stage, passing watery diarreah and no appetite and he looks just dreadful, so I'm calling the Vet this morning when they open up in an hour and I'm afraid his day's are numbered. He is past his life expectancy for a big dog already, so my husband and myself are preparing ourselves for the end.. Awwwww:cry:
 
Hi C4



My 16+ year old big dog is really sick..started yesterday, throwing up, now at the bile stage, passing watery diarreah and no appetite and he looks just dreadful, so I'm calling the Vet this morning when they open up in an hour and I'm afraid his day's are numbered. He is past his life expectancy for a big dog already, so my husband and myself are preparing ourselves for the end.. Awwwww:cry:
Awww!!! I hate it when our beloved pets, companions & deepest friends hurt and age so quickly, (compared to us)!! Prayers your way:pray:

Let me know! A few years ago we lost 5 dogs within about 18 months! Our whole pack!! We got them all pretty close together as puppies so they all aged together! It was so sad!! Now we only have 3 dogs and 1 cat in the house. Your poor baby:cry:

Hugs!!!:cnsl:


C4
 
Sylvia, sorry to hear about your dog, maybe it's just something temporary that the vet can take care of. I love animals and can't stand it when they are ill or having to let go of them. Keep us posted. Renee
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom