THR Struggle has been real!!!

Hi @Aline I hope your weekend is going well. I agree with Mojo.. maybe icing would help with any discomfort? My other thought is that your Dr thinks there is swelling from your hip dropping to your already sore knee. so maybe try icing again to stop this cycle.

I still ice every night at bedtime. I figure if I am working and walking a lot, then the ice will be beneficial. It seems to be working for me. I hope I didn't just jinx myself!

Your poor knee, you have had your share this year. I really am so sorry you are facing another issue. It's all of our worst fears, that another joint will go.
Good luck on Wednesday. I'm still rooting for you! :yes:

@Aline will be sending good vibes and hope everything goes well on Wednesday. Sorry you're having issues with your knee, hopefully icing again and using the breathing techniques will give you some relief. :console2:

Thanks my kneecap is tilted I’m having some minor surgery on nov 22

Oh,
A tilted knee certainly sounds like it could definitely be derailing your recovery.:unsure:
I do hope that this will get rid of the pain and get you back to feeling good.
Hugsxxx @Aline

Hello :wave:
I'm sorry you have to experience the surgery, thankfully it's minor. I hope it brings you relief, aiding in your recovery We'll be rooting for you. Please stay in touch, we'll be here.
Have a great Thursday and weekend!
@Aline

Good morning I was in a bit of rush the other day it seems to be minor setback he said he had no problem with me walking next day cold weather is playing on my thighs wow.. some soreness going on hope all is well @Layla @Mojo333

Good morning @Aline :wave: Well, it's good to hear it's a minor procedure! I bet November 22 will be here quickly,, maybe not quick enough for you, though!
I still take a Tylenol or NSAIDS when I'm achey or stiff.. Seems to get me past it quickly. I hope you have little tricks to help you, too.

What do they call the procedure that you are having? Should we place it in your signature?? :flwrysmile:

I'm sorry you're going through this, Aline. I wish your recovery was more straightforward. You've been through a lot over the past 5 1/2 months with two major surgeries and recovery from both. Hopefully the minor surgery to correct the tilted knee cap puts you back on track. Really...when you think about it, you're not even a half year post op from your first surgery, with the second following less than a month later. So with lots of time / room for improvement lets hope this is the ticket and you'll have clear sailing from November 22nd on out. Please stay in touch. We're here for you.
Hugs :console2:
@Aline

Sorry that you have another surgery to deal with, even if it's considered minor. Hopefully this gets you back on the healing track and soon! :friends:

Good morning @CricketHip I’m not sure how to put in my signature it is left knee chondroplasty lateral release hips are doing well I’m not having much pain when getting up from sitting swelling is gone just the front of my thighs ache when weather is raining and cold I avoid the move of bending forward it is difficult and a bit painful
I’m probably not going to be released to full time until first of year
I stopped all PT it seemed to help with the pain

Thank you @Aline! Weill check to see if that is something to be added to your signature. I am feeling the tightness and soreness on the cold,rainy days, too. A reminder that we had some pretty extensive surgery a short while ago.
I sure hope this procedure helps your knee and then it's smooth sailing! :kayak:

Happy Tuesday, Aline :hi:
Good news to hear the pain has eased since you stopped PT.

The achiness, pain or stiffness you're feeling when it's cold or rainy is not uncommon. It usually disappears over 1-2 years after surgery. For the first year, or two, as the bone adapts and grows around the metal prothesis it can lead to sensitivity with weather and pressure changes.

Hopefully after the procedure in two and a half weeks you'll feel even better and with more time off, you'll feel like a new woman heading into the new year.
Keep the faith!
@Aline

Surgery went well he placed a hook on my kneecap to keep it in place cleaned out the athritis I’m thick in bandages thigh to foot lol have to wait until Monday at PT for them to remove ...I got this.. walk in park compared to the hips
Have to wait a week until I drive.. I will use my walker for a bit I am not a fan of crutches
with the cold and wet weather I walk like a duck my hip joints have been very achy
But!! I still get up every day at 5 am and go to work I am working part time until 1 ish.. my long term disability pays the difference I am very fortunate
@Mojo333 @Layla @Elf1 @ crickethip
I don’t know how to add on my profile if someone could assist Left Knee Chondroplasty Lateral Release I would greatly appreciate
Huggs to my support gals!

@Aline so good to hear the surgery went well! Wow, sounds like a ton of bandages but at least they'll be removed Monday. Are you going to take at least a little time off work for this? Happy to hear you think this is a walk in the park, I think you're pretty brave! Have a great weekend and take it easy! :friends:

Great news!!! Yes, you got this!! I'm so glad you returned and tagged me. the reason it didn't tag was because you left a space between the @ symbol and my name. It's easy to do that, I've had it happen to me before, too.
I am so glad you have this completed now. It's been a bumpy road for you and it's time to coast a bit!!

Hugs!! :loveshwr:

Last edited:
:hi: Happy to see your post!
I'm glad it's all done and I do hope you have speedy healing.
Big hugsxxxx :loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:

Wonderful update, Aline!
You sound encouraged and in good spirits. It's heartwarming to read after your struggles. I hope work doesn't wear you out. Get lots of rest after work if you're able and take it easy with PT when you get the bandages off Monday. It will be so nice to see you move forward without pain. It's coming! :yes!:
I hope you have a lovely weekend!
@Aline

Thanks @Layla nice to hear from you knee is a bit sore today not too bad I am already feeling the difference when I walk ..no IT band pain
I am usually tired when I get home around two I retreat to bed and rest on weekends it’s all about doing things in moderation
Grocery laundry I will do a few things and rest for a few hours
I went ahead and pulled out some Christmas decorations not like my usual but enough for the grand baby to enjoy
Decided to get a family membership Cincinnati Zoo and got them a radio flyer wagon with a canopy and seating for the baby making basket of goodies and blanket
Ordered online and doing a Christmas tree hung with gift cards
Next 4..6 weeks I got covered so I can rest and try to get in some festive holiday outings with family
I’m going to hang with the walker for a few weeks I want to be sure I am walking correctly
Wishing you a wonderful holiday
Ailene

@Aline You sound like you are very creative and very organized for your recovery phase through the holidays! Sounds like your THRs are serving you well! Bravo on, no IT band pain! Wishing your knee heals well.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
MPip
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom