THR Struggle has been real!!!

I knew what I was up against and the last several months I accepted I was going to be down and not to worry about PT, job etc.. no stress has made this recovery go much smoother
Ailene
I think that's a brilliant approach @Aline. Stress just inhibits healing and makes us miserable. Good for you leaving that behind, healing thoughts headed you way! :flwrysmile:
 
@Mojo333 Ha! Just cleared another obstacle in this recovery! Occupational Nurse assisted me in my first shower in 3 weeks! Omg no words for how absolutely wonderful I feel.
It will be at least another 4-6 weeks before I will be able to do without assistance but it’s all good.. my sister and daughter will take turns
Getting into bed we tried yesterday and it’s gonna be quite sometime before I can do this... I slept in recliner for 6 months in 2019 to be honest I avoided the recliner after.. I almost bought a new one for this recovery but decided to buy new furniture redid my bathroom kitchen and all new bedding pillows sheets lol I have been working from home since last March.. and being cooped up I slowly started redoing my rooms
I am doing well having the revision and femur break but the knee is really bothering me.. it has started to bruise and little flexibility... ever hit your kneecap on corner of furniture etc? Well that sharp and intense pain is what I feel getting up and sitting down
I see the surgeon again on Feb 5th, with the work he did and the stem going all the way down to an inch away from knee I am sure this is why it is going to take a long a time to heal
I have been able to stand in kitchen cook a meal for 20 minutes 10 days ago I could only be up 5 minutes at a time
This week I also tidied up and did a load of laundry just used my grabber to transfer clothes and remove
I am also sleeping about 5 hours before being woke up from pain and changing my ice
I only have had one day of sadness that I was crying all a part of this journey
 
You are a tough cookie @Aline and Good for you for helping this recovery with your gracious positive attitude and this was quite a surgery with an additional hiccup with the femer issue...and I say Good for You in the sincerest sense.:yes:
It is Good for you.

So much of this can be a mental game...and if you've only had one cry day, you definitely have me beat.
I had a few more than that.

Those Blessed first showers to make you feel human again.:yes!:

Keep the faith friend, this is a Snapshot in Time, and I'm rooting for you.
It may take some months, but I wish for you continued improvement and happy days.
 
:hi: @Aline
Hope you are improving and staying patient with a recovery that I'm sure is getting old :bored:
Sending healing mojo your way for a good week.:flwrysmile:
 
@Mojo333 Hey girl! Thursday will be 4 weeks and I just signed on to share my fabulous news!!! A week ago I was unable to bend my knee the nurse gave me some light movements to do.. it is working!
On Saturday my sister came over to run a few errands I was able to get in and out of her van with no assistance I was able to bend my knee just enough.. we also went out to lunch I got in and out of car 3 times! I do have to use a foot stool to get up in the van.. the surgeon really did a number on my knee it felt like someone hit me on kneecap and if I moved it an inch my pain would shoot up to a 10.. no kidding
Every day since last Wednesday I tried to use my leg lifter to get in bed.. with my restrictions it was difficult took me 4-5 tries and the pain excruciating.. yesterday I was able to get my leg in one try! I am unable to stay in bed right now the pain in my thigh down to ankle throbs
This morning I was able to get myself in shower !!! I have to use a double seat chair lean back and swing my legs into tub.. this time last week was not able to do any of this.. I have stayed in recliner... icing and get up every hour to move.. the patience is paying off.. I will probably be on walker 2-3 more weeks I’m too wobbly the leg is just not ready
Ailene
 
:wave:Wow, four weeks already, in a couple days...time is flying!
Such great news on your knee doing better! Thanks for stopping by to share your happiness with us. Its so wonderful to be able to get out of the house and go to lunch. I remember finding joy in going to the grocery store early on, without pain! And I don’t even like the grocery store, lol.

It sounds like you’ve made some great strides since last week. Using the leg lifter less and showering, both great accomplishments. Thankfully you’re patience is paying off. So encouraging Aline. :yes:

Have a wonderful Monday and a great week! :)
@Aline
 
:hi: So good to hear you are doing better.:loveshwr:
Having patience and not letting anxiety over recovery overwhelm you can be hard sometimes. It was for me at times.
All Temporary became my mantra along with -
Slow and steady... And absolutely no falling down and going boom!:bignono:

Hopefully when Spring has sprung, you will feel springier too.:flwrysmile:
 
@Mojo333 Ha! I saw surgeon Friday he said my bones are very weak and within the next 3-4 years my left side will more than likely need a revision and the stem will have to be long like this one he just put in..if I can say anything to anybody on this site It would be to trust your instincts and do not give up if you think there is an issue My surgeon apologized and said He would have booked me a year ago if they knew ... I knew and after test after test I advocated for myself
My recovery is going slow right now I know it will be a few weeks I am not allowed to drive or come off the walker sleep in bed.. bend etc for another 4 weeks
He had to give me a cortisone shot in that knee He started to say the structure of knee has changed and I cut him off.. there is no room in my head to worry about another joint
I go back March 5 he said hopefully I can be cut loose
 
if I can say anything to anybody on this site It would be to trust your instincts and do not give up if you think there is an issue
Worth repeating for sure!

We often stress patience with recovery because there are lingering issues and folks, including myself, are not sure what is "normal" and what may be a problem.
Not often that I hear of a surgeon apologizing.
I hope that you are able to stay reasonably comfortable as one can with the restrictions.
Healing hugsxxxx:console2:
 
One day at a time, Aline.
I’m happy to hear you’re not dwelling on any future procedures you may have to experience. Sometimes taking the old Scarlett O Hara attitude of I can’t think about this now, I’ll go crazy if I do, I’ll think about it tomorrow...helps us remain in the present without the added stress. I hope the next four weeks fly by so you can move from restrictions to a routine you’re more familiar with. You’re a trooper for sure.
I hope you have a good week! :)
@Aline
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary! I hope all is going well with your revision, Aline, and you’re on your way! :walking:
Wishing you a wonderful Spring / Summer 2021.
@Aline
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom