THR Struggle has been real!!!

Decided to get a family membership Cincinnati Zoo and got them a radio flyer wagon with a canopy and seating for the baby making basket of goodies and blanket

What a lovely gift....so very thoughtful! They're going to love it!
Happy to hear you're taking it easy.
Big hugs!
 
Hi @Aline :wave:

I would love to hear how you are doing after your most recent procedure.. is it going well? I sure hope so.
Wishing you the best Christmas ever!!
 
:xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon: @Aline just popping in to say Hi and wish you and yours a Happy Holiday season! Hope your absence here means you're doing well and living life!
:plugging-in-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon::santa-dance:
 
Hi@Elf1 @CricketHip hope your holidays are fun
I’m doing really well some swelling and discomfort I really struggle with my thigh muscles when the temp gets below 40 the colder it gets the harder it is to walk I’m exhausted trying to get from point A to B
I see the surgeon on January 17th not sure if he is going to release me back to full time it may have to wait until March
Thanks for thinking of me very kind
Ailene
 
Nice to hear you're doing ok, don't forget to ice and elevate still to help keep that swelling and discomfort at bay. I've noticed the temperature drops give me a bit of trouble as well and I've only had the one hip done. If course I think part of it is the crazy fluctuations in temp here. We've been hitting some record highs then turn around and hit record lows. Crazy!

Hope the doc gives you a little more time if you feel you need it. You've been through a lot in just around 6 months.

Wishing you a happy and bright new year!
:happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4::banana-santa:
 
Wonderful to hear from you!!!!
Oh I hope he says to remain working on a limited basis for a while longer.
The fluctuating weather is definitely hard on our body parts..
Please rest as much as possible and its still early on in your recovery.
Ice, ice, baby!! And then sleep sleep!
 
Happy Saturday, Aline.
I hope you had a nice Christmas. Please let us know how your visit with the surgeon goes on the 17th.

Regarding the discomfort you get in your thigh when the temp drops -
Some do notice a change in weather after THR, so you're not alone. When there is a change in barometric pressure, the weight of the air pressing on the earths surface, it can trigger pain and stiffness in the area of the prosthesis. The activity of bone adapting and growing around the metal leads to the sensitivity felt during weather and pressure changes. These sensations normally disappear within one to two years following surgery. So fingers crossed it gradually eases over time.

I hope you have a nice weekend!
@Aline
 
:wave: @Aline
Hope things settle and my favorite part of the New Year is a New Spring.
Don't care for cold either. :umm:

You've had quite a year but you've handled it all beautifully.
Keep the faith... :happy-new-years-toast-smiley-emoticon:
 
Hi @Aline
Saw a post or two of yours on another thread about you having ongoing issues...
Don't know how I missed it :scratch:
Wondered if you would update here in your thread about what they have done/are doing to help.
Did I read they had to put your kneecap back in place!?:flabber: ouch.

I'm sorry things have gone sideways...I'm guessing with one hip?
Hugs and healing mojo coming your way.:flwrysmile:
 
Hi Aline :wave:
It’s a special day for, Righty....Happy One Year Anniversary!
Noticing Mojo’s post above and hope whatever your struggle is lately it has resolved and your hips are serving you well.
Wishing you only the best and a healthy, happy Summer 2020.:friends:
@Aline
 
@Layla hope you had a good summer for me I have been suffering with ongoing issues with right hip they have scheduled a revision in January... this side hasn’t been right since I woke up after surgery one infection after another..it appears the stem has to be replaced my thighs and muscles continue to ache.. oh boy.. my head hurts just thinking I’m gonna have to go through this again!
 
Revisions are a bit more complicated. I also had the femur implant replaced. The ball joint replaced with ceramic And new cup. It went very well and after time I am so glad to report I did get back to life as usual without the pain. Stay positive, take it slow, just walk , walk, walk never push yourself . Build up tolerance stay safe and recovery is always a challenge . We all know how to use aides properly which is the key to healing thru the different stages of convalescence. Healing blessings sent your way.
 
Aww Aline, I’m so sorry to hear you’ve been dealing with pain and infections for so long.
It’s too bad you have to wait until January. I hope you’ll stay in touch...we’ll be here for you.

Let us know your surgery date and we’ll add it to your signature.
Hugs and warm wishes for your comfort as you wait.
@Aline
 
I'm very sorry you are going to have to deal with another recovery, dear @Aline
Sending you comforting hugs virtually and implore you to Keep the Faith.
You can do this and we will be coming here for you.
 
@Aline so sorry you're still having problems and are now facing a revision. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. :praying: :console2:
 
Aline...
Before surgery the muscles were holding the old position. The pressure from surgery adding new joint implant components and new positioning of the whole joint and areas surrounding, all has a impact on the joint. It takes months to build up strength. I have had three THR over the years and each recovery was different.

To heal from surgery on average takes almost a full year or more for complete recovery, take necessary precautions. Walking is the best treatment and slowly build up strength and tolerance. Muscle memory is starting over with new components as the brain and body adjust and use the new joint components.

Of course the goal of THR is mobility and hips heal quite well on their own. Slowly just walking no special exercises in my case over time helped by increasing stability and endurance. I used a massager, heat, ice, magnesium sprays, and OTC pain patches. The pain patch is a great healing tool especially for sleep at night. Also very important to eat well, rest daily, take vitamins and protein shakes helped me build up energy, strength and endurance.

sending healing blessing your way.
 
:hi: @Aline
Happy belated holidays:carols::new-year-toast-smiley-emoticon:
Hope this finds you well and your surgery is still on for this week.
Ready to cheer you on:friends:
 
All the best for your surgery tomorrow, Aline.
Hope to hear from you once you’re resting comfortably at home.
Hugs and wishes for your comfort!
@Aline
 
@Aline hope everything went well today and you're resting comfortably right now. Check in when you're feeling up to it. :hi:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom