Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

I must say Sonja - you do nothing half-way! Whether it is recovering, exercising, losing weight, or developing new maladies, you attack all with gusto! So very glad you are on the road to recovering ... again, and working at half-speed (for you ... for most of us it would be considered light speed!!).
 
We'll it has been awhile since I updated so I thought I would "pop in"!

After my ablation

I had an MS attack that left me without legs for 2 months. It was like relearning to walk!:groan:

Then the heart jumped back into the picture and I ended up with a fourth Cardioversion. My heart has stayed in Sinus Rhythm since.:happydance:

Then, sepsis, double pneumonia, and hypoxia took over. The doctors didn't think I would live!:scare:

They don't know me very well!

I am back to exercising and swimming. We are doing moderation so I am feeling great! We will get a little tougher as my stamina increases!

My knees did well during all the infection. God was watching over me!:angel:
O my gosh, you have had a very hard time. God be with for better health, strength and in all areas of protection. I send my love to you and pray for the best inspiration and kindness for your care givers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 
Thank you everyone! I saw my physical therapist for my monthly check in and she said I was doing great! I told her that Abby and Cassy are on the ball getting my balance in check. I never realized how sore muscles could get! But, it happened before when I first started, and it is happening again! I LOVE exercising though and it is an adrenaline rush for me!:happydance:
 
By the way, Cassy (my other trainer is sneaky! we are doing the Biggest Loser at our gym and she coyly said "try the treadmill, you can do it!" Well, I had stayed away from it since my knee replacements and years before, but it is so easy! :happydance:
 
@Pumpkln

I have been having issues with my knee buckling but it is getting much better! I am doing calf raises to strengthen, and quad exercises to help as well!:happydance:

I has a LITTLE fear after my sepsis attack that my implants might be infected. No need to worry though. I am making progress faster than I have since I broke my foot 1 1/2 years ago.
 
Slow?:rotfl: I don't know the meaning of the word! :loveshwr:
Having been here awhile I am familiar with many things you have gone thru AND OVERCOME. Try to focus on accomplishments. Remember at this point give your hand to that higher power. Feel that love and strength. Soak in positives around you. I believe in you. You are a stellar example. So old hat to say this, but HANG IN THERE! NEVER GIVE UP. You have always been a great example. Thank you for that!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 
Having been here awhile I am familiar with many things you have gone thru AND OVERCOME. Try to focus on accomplishments. Remember at this point give your hand to that higher power. Feel that love and strength. Soak in positives around you. I believe in you. You are a stellar example. So old hat to say this, but HANG IN THERE! NEVER GIVE UP. You have always been a great example. Thank you for that!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

My goodness! Thank you so much for the positive note! I love living and even with other things happening, my knees have done "pretty darned good!":happydance:
 
Well. I learned that Aricept isn't for me! :thud:

I am having memory problems because of my MS so the doctor put me on a low dose of Aricept! I am the poster child for side effects..... deep depression, retaining water, 10 pounds worth in a week, nausea, a feeling of doom... you name it and I had it!:what:

Anyway, it had led to the start of bronchitis but I didn't wait this time and I am feeling so much better!

@Pumpkln

I actually headed to the doctor's office within a DAY! Wow huh! This hardheaded woman has learned from the past sepsis issue!:friends:
 
So blessed to see you're still kicking and screaming :flwrysmile: Not sure if you know, Ami left Maale just recently :beg:
. Needless to say we lost a great nurse in that office :bawl:
 
Rest assured you are in my prayers tonight. Stay clear of all that bad weather. Wishing you the best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 
I am so looking forward to going home saturday. The first thing I will do is take a 5 hour nap in MY BED, sigh. Then I will wake up and get ready for bed. Elevate, ice, and rest are my only agenda for 2 or 3 days. Then I bet my flex and extention will be better. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 
So blessed to see you're still kicking and screaming :flwrysmile: Not sure if you know, Ami left Maale just recently :beg:
. Needless to say we lost a great nurse in that office :bawl:
Yes I know we lost Ami! She and I have been keeping in touch! I will miss her when I go to see Maale for my yearly checkup next week!
 
I am so looking forward to going home saturday. The first thing I will do is take a 5 hour nap in MY BED, sigh. Then I will wake up and get ready for bed. Elevate, ice, and rest are my only agenda for 2 or 3 days. Then I bet my flex and extention will be better. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I know the feeling of looking forward to going home! With my MS attacks I couldn't be in my upstairs apt for 2 1/2 months so Mom and friends moved me to a first floor apartment!:happydance::yes!:
 
@RestAssured i have been reading your thread for the last few days. Needing motivation and definitely motivated by your story and most of all your faith. Had TKR on the 1st of February and having MUA on the 9th of May; doc is at Methodist in Houston. My hubby hasn't dealt with my medical concerns well and our marriage has been very strained. Your testimony gives me a much needed boost and encouragement. I thank God for leading me to your thread.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom