Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

The fever and shaking are gone! I tried to talk Abby into working out today, but no dice! She had filled my spot. Well this morning when I woke up, I was glad she did because everything is gone except for a pounding headache! We walk 3 miles tomorrow, so I want to feel my best! Besides, I guess it might help to start eating again! I haven't had an appetite since Tuesday night! The sad thing is, when you DONT eat is just as destructive as when you binge, because the body goes into a metabolism lowering mode! :gaah::arrow: So nothing good comes out of this experience!:blackcloud:

Well I couldn't stay away from the gym!:happydance: Kim and I walked almost 2 miles in 32 minutes. Now, I know that is too slow for the marathon but I am so excited to be back in the swing of walking! My foot and knee behaved beautifully!:loveshwr::happydance:

Wow - you say that isn't half marathon pace but I know people who 'run' half marathons and do 13 - 15 minute miles and that is after training!

You are fantastic - thank you for the inspiration x

Shortie x

Nothing wrong with that time!! How fast are you suppose to walk a mile to be considered fast enough for the 1/2 marathon?:running:

Each of the first nine miles must avg. 13:45 or less! If not they will pull you off the course because you are blocking the traffic they have started letting back into each section! .

Today, Abby and I walked for 25 minutes and we walked at a fast pace! She said The Sonja she knew had returned! Well yes I have! My legs aren't sore anymore, I am in better shape than in a loooonnngggg time, and life just keeps humming! I am back to fully living "the best of my life!":loveshwr::happydance:

Wow - you say that isn't half marathon pace but I know people who 'run' half marathons and do 13 - 15 minute miles and that is after training!

You are fantastic - thank you for the inspiration x

Shortie x

@Shortie,

Thank you for the glowing words! I have had my ups and downs as has everybody; but I am one of the most stubborn, tenacious, people when it comes to believing that I can do whatever I set out to accomplish! :yes!:

I am also kindhearted, and friendly, and funny, so most of the members at Mission Fitness are following my progress! I go to volunteer orientation and will start coaching at the new total joint clinic. I will talk to the families about what to expect, the patient about things they need, and visit in hospital and rehab. I am excited to be chosen for this opportunity!:happydance:

Sonja, congratulations on your upcoming work with joint patients!!! I think that's something @Josephine would want to know!!! Of course, I KNOW you'll be mentioning BoneSmart, won't you! :thumb:

Oh yes! I am having cards made to hand out to each patient! When you start seeing a lot of people popping up on the board that are from TX and say they met Sonja or RestAssured, you will know why! TX may be too much for "ya'll" to handle!

After all, I am a bit of a pistol myself!:rotfl:

@RestAssured
Hi Sonja,
So happy you are feeling better :) ( foot, sinuses, knee ) I just returned from vacation
In Maine....I walked the "Marginal way" over 2 miles along the Atlantic & the coast of Maine.
I was speed walking & actually ran up a cliff. Yes, I ran :happydance:I was thinking of you, my cheer
Leader the whole time.
I pushed myself from my comfort Zone & am all the better because I do listen to you. :yes!:
Thank You for sitting on my shoulder & telling me to move my butt :good-bad:I can only get better
Listening to you.
Sincerely,
Diana :walking::walking: :friends:

@new knee in June,

:wowspring:You my friend, are doing fantastic! I am so proud of you!:loveshwr:
Today, was my "day of rest" and I must admit I listened to Abby and took FULL advantage of it! Sleeping, playing with my Dachshunds :puppysmooze::puppysmooze: and trying to figure out why I never felt the need for a coat when it was 52 degrees, now I shiver uncontrollably!

Tomorrow, after church, I will be power walking 3 miles for time. We caught up one of the sessions, but we have a schedule and I am so excited! To see how quickly I am improving! Power walking is becoming natural, and I might throw some wogging in that doesn't harm the knees!

Keep on doing your best; that is the most wonderful feeling in the world.:wow:

@RestAssured
Hi Sonja,

Thank You for sitting on my shoulder & telling me to move my butt :good-bad:I can only get better
Listening to you.
Sincerely,
Diana :walking::walking: :friends:
Or you could do something silly, like; break a foot, ODIC, etc. etc. balance and belief in yourself is the most wonder feeling of all!:friends:

@RestAssured
Dearest Sonja,
Please don't worry about me hurting myself. Although you have the " Eye of the Tiger"
I have the "eye of the Pussy cat" :meow:Where you are Tenacious, I am Cautious :heehee:
Congratulations on helping at the joint center :dancy: You aren't going to be signing them up
For a marathon the day after surgery, Are you ? :thud:
Have a wonderful Sunday,
Love,
Diana :loveshwr::walking:

Ok,

We power-walked and did some wogging for 3 miles today, and our avg. speed was 2.7 mph and it took 1 hour and 4 minutes.:happydance:

Today's marathon training took us through a mud pit! We have been trying all different types of terrain.

Well, this was a day for comedy, as Abby stepped lightly, and I sunk and fell in the mud 3 times!:rotfl:
image.jpg

Today,

We stayed inside because of the rain! Gosh, I wish we had gone outside!:heehee:
I did 2.56 miles in 35 minutes on the ellipitical!:thud: Then Abby decided to join me for yoga class, and put her mat right next to mine. One move that they did; I forgot I couldn't do, and pain shot through my leg. I lowered myself to the "sleep" position, a position I made up myself and let the tears flow! I was fine after that and finished the rest of the session!:happydance:

@RunA42K ,

Do you think these Brooks ghosts are salvageable, or should I order a new pair?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 196
Wash em, for kicking around town and get a new pair for walking. Just my opinion, and an excuse to get new shoes.

Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads