Revision TKR Still having difficulty .... from Amberpep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @amberpep

I'm sorry read about your teeth, ouch!!! I do hope that you manage to get them done really soon x x x

Yes the date on my signature is the date I have both knees xrayed. I was told back in October that the left needs replacing x x x
 
Thank you all for your kind birthday wishes. The day was sort of weird ..... on Monday, I found out that the Rental Company for the apartment near my girls was rented out right out from under me ..... all because this person sat and filled out the paperwork right then and there. My printer doesn't work, so the girl was sending them to me. I got them on my birthday! I had already paid my deposit, and they said they are returning it .... hmmmm .... I sure better see it soon.
After everything that had gone on about this move, my daughter was poking her nose in as if she was my "caretaker" ..... I may be old, but I've still got my wits about me. With all this, I wound up with a dandy case of IBS on Weds. It's pretty much gone, but there's still a pocket of "air" ..... on my right abdomen. So, I'm keeping an eye on it and if it's not gone by Monday, I'll call my doctor. Good grief!
My knee is doing unbelievably well ..... my P.T., and the whole practice she's in, uses what's called "Strain and Counterstrain" or "Positional Release." After 2 treatments, I couldn't believe it. My knee was great! She gave me a rather minor exercise to do at home. I'll go back this week for 2 more treatments. This is amazing! I couldn't be happier about the progress.
Barb :puppysmooze::kittykiss:
P.S. - Clipless ..... I LOVE that cat on the bike!
 
Wow....so now what? Do you think you'll still be moving? I know you had some reservations about it all.

What a birthday gift! Hope you got to do something a lot more fun on that day.
 
No, I'm staying here. I may be able to move to the condo below me (1st floor), but that would be it for now. It will be a long time before I think about moving again. This IBS, which I have not had since my divorce - 10 years ago, has been one dandy. I don't want to do that again either. So for now, and probably a long time, I'll stay right here in my own little condo. :yes:
Barb :thankyou:
 
Then....you know....I guess all this turned out just fine. Maybe you just weren't meant to make this move! I'm glad you're at peace with what's happened. You're with your friends and doctors and all that's familiar. There's something to be said for that!!!

Here's a plus too......you've probably de-cluttered!!! That's always a good thing! Is the new condo more suited to your lifestyle than your current one? A fresh start there could be really fun.
 
That's exactly how I feel Jamie. Things happen for a reason, and I've always been reluctant to move. I'm very happy here. Well, some is decluttered. All the boxes from my storage unit have been gone through and things either given to my kids, Goodwill, and I do have a few things for Consignment (if I decide to go that route - may just give them to Goodwill also). My girlfriend is coming from PA Monday and we're going to tackle my bedroom .... and all the clothing I've saved for years and years ..... some as long as 12 years, and have not worn in ever so long. She's really a good organizer and a "brutal" clean-er, up-per," so she'll be able to look at things with an unsentimental eye. The condo right below me is the same size, slightly different layout, but it's the first floor, which is what I really would like to have. But, I'm not jumping into anything now .... I've gotta' recoup from this last bit of nonsense that went on ..... that really took a toll. Tomorrow I get back to my "real" world and it will feel good. I also have a lady friend living in Baltimore who lives only on S.S. and buys all her clothing at Goodwill. As I go through the clothes, things that I think she could wear, I'll send to her ..... there could be quite a bit.
Barb :puppysmooze::kittykiss:
 
Hi all .... I don't think I know what I'm doing today ... I wrote this before and it disappeared into outer space somewhere .... maybe "the cloud" whatever that is. My regular dentist fixed the broken tooth, and I just went to the Oral Surgeon last week and he surgically took the roots out of the teeth that were part of the bridge. It looks like I will have the opportunity to move downstairs .... sure would be easier on the knee. I'm not sure what I told you all and what I didn't, so if I repeat myself, I'm sorry. My kids seem to be very ticked off at me .... I guess because I'm not moving down there. This I may have told you, but the original P.T. I went to after the revision injured the medial collateral ligament in my right knee which put me off balance. I'd been home about 3 weeks or so and I fell and broke my left foot. So here I sat, revision in the right knee and broken left foot. I tried manipulating the crutches but that was pretty hopeless. I lived on cereal and Lean Cuisine. Ordered groceries from Peapod (provided by the Giant Supermarkets). None of my kids could come to give me a hand ..... oh, that's right ..... they're "too busy." I know this sounds like a pity party and I'm sorry. I just don't get them.
I've come to the conclusion that my right knee is always going to hurt .... some days more than others. And, now my left knee is acting up too. I've gone to the new P.T. - that does the "Strain Counterstrain" type of P.T., but they've become so busy that I only get in about once every 3 weeks! When I went 2x the first week, wow, I noticed a huge difference, but now it's back where I started. I'm on their cancellation list. I was there last week and my next actual appt. is the end of this month, unless there's a cancellation I can use.
Just thinking about packing to move downstairs makes my eyes jump out of my head! But, I want to be on the first floor. I see my O.S. tomorrow and I imagine he'll x-ray both my knee and my foot. Don't know if he'll x-ray the left one or not.
Good to be back with you all .... take care and let me know what's happening with your knees and the progress you're making.
abby (Barb)
 
Barb, so sorry your kids are so "me-centric" right now. Sometimes a person just has to accept the things they cannot change. I think you're doing fine with that!! Will your friend be able to help you come pack for the move? There is nothing sweeter than a good girlfriend!!!
 
Hi Barb, Sorry you're still struggling and your family aren't any help. Lets hope you get the apartment on a lower level.

I have a suggestion re physio appointments. Decide how often you think you would like to go, or need to go, and then make appointments for the next three months. Find out what their cancellation policy is and then if you don't need the appointment just cancel it according to their policy. I've done that with mine when she got really busy and had a two week wait time, so I had a month's worth of appointments, two a week, and then we'd decide at each appointment if I needed the next one and if not we'd cancel it.
 
Hi Ladies,
Pardon me for intruding. I almost feel like a stalker when I click on one of these feeds and start reading. I have a question and you may think it's dumb, but what is a revision ? Also, I read where one patient ended up with a partial replacement instead of a total and I'm not sure I understand the differences between the two. If someone could help answer these questions, I would appreciate it. Sounds like you girls have a good bond going....that's wonderful!
ConnieJo RTKR 1/05/2015
 
Hi @ConnieJo
A revision is when you get the knee replacement done again, for whatever reason (and the reasons vary). I had a partial that lasted me 11 good years and then the spacer between the two metal parts failed. My knee was opened up again and the partial was replaced by a total knee replacement.

This article explains the difference between partial and total knee replacements.
https://bonesmart.org/knee/what-is-...nee-replacement-and-partial-knee-replacement/
 
Thanks for the clarification Celle. Lord, what a nightmare. I hate the thought of having to go through this again. So, what did they do for the partial and how is that different from a total?
ConnieJo RTKR 1/05/2015
 
@ConnieJo
I'll explain on your thread, because I don't want to derail amberpep's thread any longer.
 
Thanks Celle, sorry, I'm still trying to navigate around her. I think I just figured out how to write on my thread...duh.
 
Hi @amberpep

Well I just read your thread and for sure it looks like the move was never meant to be. I'm sorry that your kids are a bit ticked off but they'll get over it. Aside from anything else you had that many reservations about the move. Poor you with the IBS. Yuk! And soo painful.

I do hope you get the downstairs condo, that would help you quite a bit. My eldest daughter is like your friend...boom! she's in action like Wonder Woman and things have gone before you even realise. Trouble is I get cross sometimes when she says that's tat, or what were you thinking? That can be very annoying xxx

Btw how did the OS appointment go? Thinking of you Barb x

Look forward to hear from you
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hi Barb, @amberpep
Everyone heals differently, some have scars like yours, others you can barley see, mine is somewhere in between. You may need more time
You can try Mederma, some like it, not sure it will help. You can also ask your OS or GP for a prescription scar modifying cream, be sure to as the price some are very expensive.
Glad you are finally back on Bonesmart.
 
A GREAT BIG THANK YOU, Pumpkin. I have bookmarked it, so now I'm set. Moving feels like my roots are just being yanked out of the ground. OUCH! But, when I had the revision, and then 3 weeks later broke my left foot I had both legs messed up and it was pretty tough being here alone ...... I ate a lot of Smart Ones and Stouffers, and oatmeal. It was quite a "fun" time. I don't even know yet what I'll do if this left knee ever needs a TKR. I'm inclined to come back up here to the surgeon I had, go to rehab. up here, and then head back down to VA. One of my daughters is extremely helpful without being pushy, but the other one ... oh my .... I finally had to gently say, that it was my knee operated on, not my brain! This is what I do not want to happen .... having either of them try to run my life ..... it just isn't gonna' happen.
Then last week I injured my left foot called a deep bruised bone. It's doing better now fotunately.
Take care everyone ...... happy healing.
abby
 
Glad to have been of some help with finding your thread. Lots of good reasons to be close to your daughters, and there will always be some downsides.
I agree go back to your same surgeon and rehab since you are happy with them, if your other knee needs a TKR.
Seems most as we age make a big move closer to family, to a one story house, off to senior living and so on.
Hope your bone bruise heals and your move goes smoothly.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom