Deni444
Forum Advisor
- Joined
- Sep 27, 2024
- Messages
- 1,040
- Age
- 57
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United Kingdom
One week to go! Had my pre-op information session with the physio team today. Great news as it seems they have a very Bone Smart friendly approach, confirming that walking is by far the best thing for hip recovery. The other reassuring thing is that my surgeon doesn't enforce any particular restrictions. He just advocates a careful thoughtful approach to movement and no swimming before 6 weeks and then no breast stroke for 3 months. I apparently could use an incumbent bike... whatever that it
. The physio simply said limit the amount of bending down to pick things up. They're sending me home with a cushion for my chair because it will make it easier to get up. The usual sock aid, grabber and long handled sponge. They really seemed to play down the risk of dislocation and said people tend to over think it, pointing out the risk is very, very low. I'll have a waterproof covering over my wound and spares incase it starts to peel. I'm not to remove it but place a new one over the top if it starts to come off. Felt really good to chat over it all and I'm now feeling very relaxed about returning home after surgery.
Recumbent, yes that makes more sense! Well as is perhaps clear from my confusion, I don't have one.



. The heat pad is a good idea. I have a TENS with additional heat, it cycle's and is lost in a drawer marked... Everything I've tried. I'll dig it out and use it before bed. Brilliant suggestion. If nothing else, it's very soothing.