THR Spring in my step

Status
Not open for further replies.
sandybeach Barbara has just pointed out that I put disagree instead of agree on your last post I have tried several times to undo it with success something about the server not responding in time I will try again or ask the admin staff for help. I obviously agree with you and I fact I am setting my alarm during the day as well as night to remind me to take the pain meds.Congratulations on reaching the 4 week post op anniversary a d won't it be great for you when you get your next op that your good hip really will be a good hip So even better next time round
 
sandybeach it has worked this time Decided I must wear my glasses at all times in the future Sorry about the confusion
 
Kim22 tennis anyone? LOL Seems like I read somebody else's thread where were talking about feeling like they were sitting on their implant. it was attributed to swelling which will go away with time. Maybe that's you?
I'm glad I'm not the only one whose forum misbehaves LOL
 
Hi Kim, icing helps the tennis ball feeling, and it does go away with time, just different amounts of time for different people. I find not icing enough, or sitting for too long aggravated mine. I iced all the time in the first couple of weeks, it really helped, that and the swelling and brushing, not to mention the pain. :)
 
Hi...yes the tennis ball.....during my exercise routine I just practice slowly rolling onto my op side with a pillow in between my legs....I do this 20 times and on the last one spend several minutes on my side...you could do the clam if its not painful?
 
clifford149 Thanks for your advice. By the way what is a mini posterior ? I am not sure where you are in the UK I live in the Northeast and its freezing cold with snow still.As it is so cold I can't get outdoors to do little walks which I am sure would lift my spirits.Walking round the house is not the same is it ? It sounds like your physio was impressed with your knowledge and your progress My physio comes to me at home How is Sky ?
 
Two Weeks Post Surgery


Walking around the house with one walking stick now and it is getting easier but if it ever gets warm enough to venture outside I am to use two sticks The physio has provided me with palm grip sticks as I have arthritis of the hands and they are much more comfortable.I exercise 3 times a day in standing 10 reps of abduction, extension and flexion on both legs I find them tough to do especially the abduction one standing on the operated side. I still need the strong painkillers I take 1 gm Paracetamol with 30mg Codeine 4 times a day and Naproxen twice a day Pain controlled well during the day but wake up about 3am and need more meds so take codeine alone and usually wake up with a headache so I will ring the GP in the morning for something else to take during the night.
The pain is still an intense ache in the thigh, knee and buttock.The swelling has all but gone and so has the feeling of sitting on a tennis ball.I am having my staples removed tomorrow The wound remains clean and dry. I am now on iron tablets as my post op Hb was 9.7 Sleeping on my back is not an issue and I usually sleep well waking up once a night I can appreciate why I need the Clexane injections as my Right leg doesn't move for hours on end when in bed Almost half way through the course of injections Thank goodness I still get tired have an afternoon sleep after my only icing session of the day.I have made a little progress but still have a long way to go.I am up and down emotionally and the roller coaster ride travels on
 
Kim22 you are reporting many positive things! That headache is not nice, tho. Yay staples out! And yay halfway through injections! Sounds like you are actually doing very well if you're only needing one nap per day. I wish for you that the weather would clear up and you'd get a little spring :flwrysmile: That would help enormously I'll bet :)
 
zauberflöte Thank you for your encouragement I am thrilled that for the first time I didn't need any codeine during the night ! I am sat here waiting for the nurse to call to remove the staples which will be another milestone reached. Weather no better the weather people reckon it may remain cold until the end of April It's all to do with the Gulf Stream which is too far south which accounts for your scorching summers and our miserable weather . Hurry up Nurse ! Oh I see a glimpse of the sun outside Whoo hoo !
 
I feel wonderful just walked a short distance outside with the physio bless him and I walked well as fast as him with 2 sticks It felt so good to be out in the fresh air and it has done my confidence no end of good I also found myself coming down stairs normally one foot per stair tread I did this without thinking Wow I really surprised myself. The plan is to increase the walks on a daily basis but the physio stressed that the exercises are the most important factor in building the muscles up and need to be done for 3 months and the good thing is that I don't need to do any other exercises I am a happy bunny this morning ! Still waiting for the nurse to arrive to remove the staples.
 
You seem to be progressing nicely. Wow to walking down the steps normally! I haven't mastered that one yet.
Ally
 
I'm not sure it was a good idea as I may have broken the 90 % rule I did it without thinking How are you doing today ?
 
Just had my 24 staples removed and wound healing well,clean and dry.I am to keep dressing intact until the weekend when I will remove it and leave it to the air to continue the healing ANOTHER MILESTONE reached
 
Hi Kim, you are doing really well. It's nice to get those staples out, isn't it? I did the stairs normally without noticing too, it was only someone else that noticed, I still can't remember doing it.
 
Kim22 outside walkies, WONDERFUL!!! How can you get a little fresh air every day-- maybe stand on the front or back porch/stoop/steps whatever you have? Fresh air can clear the mind. Maybe you could hire a highschool kid (6 foot 16 yr old?) to come and walk you every afternoon after school? :wink: Glad your incision looks good, and soon dressing off, what wiill it be next, disco dancing? :)
 
Hi....24 staples...I hope is was not painful.....it would be interesting to know why some OS. Prefer staples and some glue?

I was glued and the advantage I guess is nothing to take out :)
 
Kim, I had the tennis ball too, although I called it a grapefruit. It did go away though, I don't remember exactly when but it is gone. Yours should go, too.
 
Kim22 How is everything going now? Better I hope. The tennis ball issue you are talking about I had too, my OS said it's swelling. Some people think they are feeling the implant but again my OS said that the implant is so far into your body you will not be able to feel it. If you ice the area that should help it. After a few days mine went away, I hope yours does also.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom