Kim22
supremo
- Joined
- Jan 25, 2013
- Messages
- 2,042
- Age
- 70
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United Kingdom
Hi calikat Thanks for calling in.I had no pain in my left hip until about 3 months after my hip replacement.When I last saw my OS I had no pain and the X-Ray was ok so my review with him was booked for 6 months.When the pain started it was concentrated in the knee so I went to see my GP and asked to have an earlier appointment but instead I was referred to a second tier muscular skeletal clinic at the hospital I had to wait 2 months for an appointment and was seen by a specialist physio who looked at the X-ray taken in June when I saw the OS and told me I had very mild early stage arthritis and in his opinion I would not be offered a T HR as surgery should be considered a last resort I tried to explain about the experience I had had with my right side and X-rays not showing the full extent of the deterioration as well as the detrimental effects on my general health of me being so inactive for almost 3 years but his response was to say that December appointment would soon come round.As you can imagine I was furious with him as I felt totally dismissed.I really feel that I have been through enough and also I am not feeling the benefit of the new hip which actually cost the NHS a lot of money.So there you have it I just have to be patient and wait.Our NHS is wonderful but the draw back is that there are a lot of people in the same boat as me and it means substantial waiting times.
I hope that your your left hip holds out for you too.I wish I had fully recovered from my first one before the other one started or else had them arranged one after the other to avoid all this jumping through hoops.
I hope that your your left hip holds out for you too.I wish I had fully recovered from my first one before the other one started or else had them arranged one after the other to avoid all this jumping through hoops.
but hopefully time will go fast. Holidays get into action soon and time will go by quickly then.