TKR Sounds

oh no.. not TMI at all.. :) If you do #2 after Christmas, does that mean postponing Paris? And .. medical student staying with you.. That could be a BONUS depending on timing.. Is that an exchange student? I'd like to hear more about that.. (as I have two medical students for daughters.. :yes: - future "nurses of America".. :heehee: )

"inquiring minds want to know.. " :rotfl:
 
@Braunzie. "Paris is always a good idea"! :loveshwr:I don't want to go again until I can enjoy it. Last time we were there, I could hardly climb the steps down to the Metro and back up and spent more time looking for a place to sit in the Lourve than looking at the art.

My daughter works at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine in Atlanta in the dept that places students for rotations. One of the 3rd year students will do a month long rotation with an OD near us and stay here. Yes, it will be great to have our very own in house DO! And she does great adjustments! But, my promise to her was that I will teach her to cook special recipes while here! ( Like Homemade Marshmallows!) Of course, I can always "instruct" from a stool in the kitchen. :yes:
 
Homemade marshmallows. Can't imagine. That exchange student will for sure be a win-win.
 
Another traditional Appalachian craft for me to learn in North Carolina. Real marshmallows. Yum!

I keep seeing pictures of flooded streets and buildings in South Carolina (poor people!). I assume you're not getting the same deluge of rain. So sad and scary to see that.
 
@SarahJane. Yep, add marshmallows to your "to do" list when you come to visit! They are amazing and super easy! Sorry, my posts somehow always go back to cooking. But, that is and has always been a big part of my life. I was a cookbook editor once upon a time.....

We had 7 " of rain last weekend, but since we live on a mtn, it ran down the mountainside. I spoke with a friend in Charleston today and she said it was horrible down there. We are 6 hrs from Charleston and all uphill!

I bragged too much about no pain and little swelling last week. Ugh! Back to swollen knee and leg. Plus pain in the back of the "other" knee after my fall Monday. I dare not tell DH how I injured my leg. He would never let me leave the house alone again!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Helen, we had 13 inches over 13 days. Thankfully, other than 2 downpours, it was just a CONSTANT slow rain that soaked in the parched ground. It literally never stopped raining all that time. Our granddaughter goes to USC and says it is a huge mess in Columbia. Thankfully, she never lost power and had plenty of bottled water.

I am sorry you are having pain. Please take care of yourself.
 
@Timetolive Glad you guys are Ok, too. It was an extremely dreary weekend but nothing compared to what the folks in SC, especially Columbia are experiencing. I hope your daughter's area will soon be back to "normal" .

I think this will be a demerol night. And tomorrow is another day!!
 
In another thread, you said you wanted me to come and "nurse" you during your second TKR. I'll bet you dollars to donuts your cooking's better than my trusty selection of easy, non-perishable bedside cuisine options. Not sure what Rose the tabby cat and Guildenstern the betta fish would have to say about an extended vacation. I've yet to catch either of them perusing travel brochures. LOL
 
Today is "Buddy's" 11 week "birthday". Although, I think we need a better name than "birthday!"
We're doing OK. Some days I hardly notice him and others he takes center stage!

@Braunzie It was a rollercoaster weekend! Determined to push on, I went to Wal Mart ( Closest Costco is 100 miles from me!) and walked all over the store. Came home, ate lunch, iced and elevated and went out with part time neighbors for pizza. Buddy was ready to come home as soon as we ate! We went to church Sunday and after lunch an "old" friend called. I knew we would talk forever, so I hopped on the bed, elevated my legs and enjoyed catching up! Don't we have an exciting life in the mtns?? :snork: How are YOU????
 
Good for you! I'm not sure I can say that I have totally forgotten about my knee for any length of time. Does that mean I'm obsessive? :heehee:

I get moments where I don't think about it, but not a full movie. Must have been a good movie.
 
@Wanttobebiking I don't forget about Buddy for long! I think he's like a 2 yr old - always wanting attention!
We saw "The Intern" and thought it cute, clean and a few laugh out loud moments. But, we're easily entertained!
And I would have watched most anything just to get out of the house!!! :happydance:
 
Tuesday I see the OS for 3 month appt. the new knee is doing well and I finished PT yesterday. I will start back to the gym now and keep working on stretching, gentle exercise and no/light weight on machines!

The OS, my DH and I need to discuss LTKR #2. The left knee had multiple Supartz injections and actually was more painful than the RTKR. I'm considering early January with expectations that by spring/summer early stages of recovery will be behind me. Any thoughts? @Celle ??
 
January sounds fine to me. Your TR knee should be healed well enough by then to take the major share of the work for a few weeks after your second TKR. You'll be mobile enough to enjoy spring and summer when they come, too.
Just beware of slipping on icy steps and pavements in those winter months, though. :snow plough:
 
@Celle My thought is if the weather is frosty, I can do my own PT ( thanks to Bonesmart! And 3 months of PT this time). I have a recumbent bike and can certainly do stretches etc.... at home. Our coldest weather and snow is usually late Jan and Feb. We will also have a 3rd yr DO Med student spending Feb with us!
I do want to be back to "normal" to enjoy Grands coming for a week of Grandma Camp next summer!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom