Guest viewing is limited

TKR Sounds

@Celle sorry, I didn't mean to hijack jmdearas thread with my concern! Thank you for replying there.
Measurements are for insurance purposes. My OS didn't measure at all at 4 wk appt. Performance, after all, is the reason for this entire journey. I will continue stretching and exercising. Who knows, maybe both will get to O one day and I'll be taller?? :heehee:
 
3 degrees is nothing. It could just be a measurement error. Don't get upset about it.
I do wish PTs didn't keep measuring so often. It only gets people worried. Once a month is more than enough.

I can't see any reason why your new knee should only get to the same flexion as your natural, bad knee. ROM can continue to improve for a year or more.
In any case, why limit your new knee to 103, when it will be capable of more and your natural knee could well increase its ROM if it is also replaced?

Maybe equality is your PT's short term goal, but it shouldn't be your final goal.

(I just saw you response to my post on the other thread, but I was already writing this post .)
 
I think you mean that extension is 3, but now i'm confused, because that would be an improvement from the previous 8. Full extension is 0, when your leg is completely straight.
Have a look at this article and you'll see what I mean. It has a picture of the different degrees of ROM.
ROM (range of motion) information
 
Extension often takes longer to achieve that flexion. Just keep working at it gently.
Have you seen this article? Extension: exercises for improvement
You can do all those exercises at home. No need to do them all. Just choose one or two that you like and do them gently.
 
I'm jealous of your flexion ROM, mine is 112.

Celle's extension exercises work! I got mine down to 0 from 5 doing the exercises a couple of times a day. Thanks, Celle! I'm sure the extension will come. Mine took a while, but it got there before the three month anniversary!
 
my extension was 105 ( down from 108 though).
If that were true,your toes would be ON your nose! But Celle is right, 3 degrees is so small it's nothing and could easily be a position error. In fact, differences as much as 10 degrees can be positional.
flexion went from 98 to 117.
117? Then you're there! The rest will come with normal walking and activity. No need to do any more exercises - seriously! They're unnecessary anyway. Have you read my recovery articles (in my signature)? I did none at all and have a ROM of 135/-5
Just to clarify, the Extension is 103 or should I have said 3? ROM is 117 and improving!
It's +3 which is as near normal as makes no difference. Again a very good reason to STOP all exercising before it makes you start going backwards.

[Bonesmart.org] Sounds
 
Hi @Thesoutherncook - just got finished catching up on your thread.. Not sure how I got so far behind..

I LOVED your painting! When you paint, do you have a "model" or do you just paint from memory? I don't have an artistic bone in my body.. Here's one my daughter just finished with acrylic.. I just know she didn't get that from me!!!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Sounds
    Sept 2015_367(small).jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 184
Last edited by a moderator:
My OS said at 3 mon you won't even think about this knee.....we'll see!

.... I hope that's the case for you, but I'm not thinking I'll be that lucky.. I'm doubtful about stairs, getting up from chairs without using my arms and regaining my normal gait speed.. But.. there are two more weeks for me, so I guess time will tell!! Could be a bit ambitious??
 
@Braunzie. Good to hear from you! Thanks for your kind words about my painting. Your daughter's rooster is awesome! Great detail and beautiful colors! I paint from photographs mostly. Of course, we live in the woods, so plenty of leaves all around! :)

Good luck tomorrow going back to work. I don't envy you that. I have been very fortunate to be "retired" for several years and it is GREAT! I'll help you count down your time remaining! Stay in touch!
 
Day 2 of no pain, swelling below the knee so movement is MUCH better! We even went to the movies this afternoon and I totally forgot about "Buddy"! I am so very thankful that he has settled down and become a respectable member of the family! I'm icing and elevating to reduce the swelling, but that is minor in comparison to where we were just a week ago! :spin:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom