TKR Sooz Bionic Knee Journey

Thank you so much @SusieShoes @Canada35 @sistersinhim @gertie for the encouragement! Yesterday the cloud of doom and gloom loomed over me all day until later into the evening. Finally emotionally I feel better. My mom is the best, I know I am so very fortunate to have her still with me and able to care for me. PT came by for a visit and she asked me can you bend, I said yes and bent, she said can you bend just a wee bit more, I pulled it up a wee bit, she said I cannot believe this but your bend is already at 90.... I thought she was kidding, she said not at all, your bend is already 90! Just working on some walking, nothing much to do but what i've done on my own. I have the best home pt, she doesn't put hands on and doesn't want to stir up the swelling. How can I be so blessed!!??
 
Well done!! You can certainly relax a bit more now since your range of motion is stellar at this point. So glad you have a great home PT and that you know what to do and not to do to ensure your recovery goes well. Every week will be a little bit better I expect -- keep napping as you can and let your mom take care of you.
 
Fantastic! You are going to do great but you know the drill and you know it won't be linear! Very very good start!
 
ok I bought the famous lounge doctor! I cannot stand to have my legs elevated more than 1 small pillow with this leg....what is wrong with me?? i was so looking forward to it:flabber:
 
Listen to the knee (and the other bones of your body) about the best way to elevate. I loved my Lounge Doctor, but it was also comfy for my knees and the rest of me. If your knee is only happy with a small pillow... use the small pillow. Keep in mind that "nose over toes" is best, so do what you can to achieve it if your small pillow isn't quite high enough.

A couple of members have had luck using pillows with their Lounge Doctor. I never tried it, but you might give it a go.
 
The dang blues just keep hanging over me, I know it's temporary, just when I'm feeling great,that old cloud moves back in! Hubby has classes at work the next 2 days, I won't see him again til Friday. Makes me sad, then my mom says she must be boring. ..
 
sorry to hear that old cloud is hovering over you. awww your mom must be so sweet. i know exactly what you mean missing hubby at times like this, perfectly understandable; i'm the same way. hang in there.:SUNsmile:
 
@sooz58 90 is wonderful !!! That should have helped a little bit to get rid of the cloud. It is so great that your mom is around to help care for you. Hope your recovery continues to go smoothly.
 
I can't even imagine what it is like to just start to turn the corner on one recovery to then get bounced back to the beginning with 2nd recovery! My thoughts are with you! Hang in there and stay away from Spence and you will sail through this wirh flying colors! Just don't tell Rachel that you are in a paddleboat and not a sailboat! :capn::snork:
 
(((@sooz58))) sending you some big hugs, a shiny red box of patience for under your bed, and some ice cream to eat and apply to your knee, as needed. Meatloaf comes later, around Week 8 or 9!

Oh, lest I forget, 90 degrees flexion at just one week? :holysheep: No "Slow-Bender," T-Shirt for you my friend. Nope, sorry, but we cannot bend the rules if you can bend like that; hah!
 
@Pheebs52 got the big box and ice cream, it's all good! Actually took the walker down the driveway and back today! Sat on the back porch for awhile. Laying down and icing now. Such a beautiful day, I think I may head back to the porch and another trip down the driveway! Next Monday will be 2 weeks, on Wednesday the old staples come out!
 
@sooz58, way to go on two walks and getting some outdoor time in; kneerah! I know just how excited you must be to get those staples out next week. You'll be :egypdance:dancing in the street. Well, perhaps only mentally, but still, it's a big relief and a huge milestone! I think more ice-cream may be required afterwards....:SUNsmile:
 
Yeah! Getting outside is great mental therapy! And, don't we ALL need that! Notice that was intentional use of ! And not ? Keep moving....you know the drill. In no time, you will be ready for ice hockey! :wink:

Do you have Graeter's ice cream in your part of the world? If so, stock up and eat some for me, too! It's a great celebretory food!
 
Last edited:
Glad you're not feeling so blue and got to get outside a bit! Great job, it's not always easy to keep pushing when you are feeling down. yay for you!
 
Back
Top Bottom