So I'm 6, almost 7 weeks out from my revision. I have a couple questions maybe someone here can answer, I go back to the PA next week but thought someone here might know.
I have one spot behind my leg, right in the outside, in what feels like a tendon, that is really painful when I try to bend my leg, but it's only if there's some friction. If I can lift my leg a little bit so there's no drag, it doesn't hurt. Is that normal? What is it? Will it ever go away?
My revision leg still feels kinda.... weird? If i put my weight on it, it almost feels like all the muscles are tightening up and then it'll start to get stiff/sore. I'm working on putting more weight on it but honestly I have a really hard time determining how much weight I'm putting on each when standing/walking short of just holding the other leg up in the air. Which I can't quite do yet, should that be a concern?
Is it possible this leg is still weak because of the multiple surgeries (or another reason)?
I guess the good is: I've had moments where it almost felt normal. I still go to PT once a week and they've not bothered measuring my bend/straight because both look fine. We are mostly focusing on weight shifting and getting me to stand on the left leg more evenly. I mostly just use a cane except for outside in the ice and snow (and boy has it been icy lately) and the very first thing in the morning.
The bad is: I don't understand my inability to just... walk... like a normal person. I'm quite frustrating and I may just have to accept I will never walk without a cane. I can't seem to stop myself from lifting my right hip when I walk and no one can quite figure out what's causing it. My right leg hurts like the dickens most of the time. My left still feels a bit like an alien and I can't figure out where to put my feet the majority of the time.
Most likely, 50/50 chance, I won't have a job after the 1st of the year, if not sooner. So now I'm forced to be job hunting in the middle of recovery, and a pandemic, and in all honesty my surgery that's scheduled for December is very much up in the air because of all this. If something happens and it gets cancelled, I most likely won't be able to have it done at all because quite frankly I can't afford another year of paying the max out of pocket with my insurance. On the other hand I'm not 100% sure I should do it at all because I'm not sure I can be hunting for a job and recovering from it at the same time. I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do and in all honesty I'm very bitter towards my boss for encouraging me to get the surgery scheduled then springing this all on me. It's left me very unsure of what to do.
Covid is even more out of control here. We seem to have a large population that refuses to wear masks or social distance. We went from 30-50 cases a day in our town to over 300 a day now. Not only am I terrified of me or my bf catching it but most likely they'll shut the city down again, if they do, then my bf loses his job as well. So, nothing seems to be going overly well lately. It's really hard to stay positive with everything that is going on. I really do regret having any surgeries done. I feel like I would have maybe been better off not having let anyone do anything, but unfortunately I can't take it all back so now I'm just stuck living with it. And I'm not sure what kind of life that leaves for me.