Guest viewing is limited

THR So many ups and downs<

@MammaT I have to convert meters to feet, too. I think you may have thought it was 800, not 80. 80 meters is 263 feet. But it may be more like 100 meters, which is 362 feet. In any case, I haven’t made it to the end of our driveway yet. Yesterday I pulled a thigh muscle in my “good” leg just getting in the pool. Just goes to show how poor my muscles are atm. So am still struggling to move forward.
 
You have so much to come back from...I'm so inspired that you are committed to going forward.
I know how weary you must be, and your journey is still continuing...but I am cheering for you.
 
Oh @MobiM, you are moving forward! Even if some days it is inches, you do show progress. @Mojo333 is right, you have so much to come back from. You are an inspiration. Hope that muscle recovers soon, maybe some heat therapy for it.
 
@MobiM
Hi again! I am doing catch up on people I have not followed for a while and I've come to you! And I'm so pleased!
You truely sound different in your posts and dare I say it more hopeful! Actually, I think you obviously were always hopeful or you wouldn't have gone ahead with your surgeries right?
That you are able to walk 263 feet or 362 feet in one go, given your past issues, is astounding to me! Not to mention getting in an out of a pool. That has always been a bugaboo with me, the pool feels wonderful once your in, the hoisting around required to get there -- yikes!

You posted the questions the other day about your hip "pings" --given your particular case with the gluteus repair, I would say it's completely within reason. Were you not practically bedridden? And again you are only
3 months out from surgery!
As far as the tramodol, I'm not sure it's good to try to go a whole day without, especially if you're still at doses q 6 hrs per day. Maybe that's not what you meant.
Tramodol should be tapered slowly. And start by spacing the dose you take longer apart. Instead of every 6 hours try to go 7 apart. Then you can play with the mg per dose. Ask your doc or pharmacist if you can cut pills. Maybe that's what you are trying. I just know some people can have issues with abruptly going without it for a day. Again you're just at 3 months starting from below 0, as in you were not robust just prior to surgery:wink::wink:
And that leg numbness --IDK -- but nerves can take forever to regenerate. They have a mind of there own
it seems. Even when the nerves in horses hooves are severed on purpose, due to navicular pain, they are known to regenerate and create new paths.
What I can't figure out is why docs can't get that same numbness to stick in our rumps where the SI joint grieves us so badly and a numb rump might do a body good!!! :shrug:
At any rate, I believe you will get there, ARE getting there! It may not be smooth and it may not be pretty, but give yourself 3 more months, and see then how far you've come. Above all stay positive !! You're doing great!
 
Hi @MobiM
I think the fact that you're feeling hopeful, making a consistent effort and not allowing yourself
to get discouraged is great progress in itself. It's going to take baby steps.
You may need to muster up a new batch of patience and determination day, by day.
We're here for you and we'll be your greatest cheering squad as long as you continue to do your part.
Slow but consistent steps toward the finish line.
Prayers for your comfort and peace of mind as you continue on your healing journey.
Please stay in touch....we care :console2:
 
@MobiM Hi . Have not been on for a while. I read through your posts and you are doing well! You may not think so but it is early days still. You asked about the numbness -yes it does go away but may take a while. It's just everything healing inside and nerves getting better etc. so don't worry. You will find that you will get lots of weird aches and pains along the way but they will subside I promise. Have you had a diagnosis for your SI problem from an osteopathic surgeon ( Spine specialist )? I went down that road and eventually found out what was wrong with mine. Just a suggestion. As for resting that hip too much - rest as much as is needed and don't push yourself too hard. Your body will protest by giving you more pain! Also keep taking the meds. You must take them regularly so they can build up a barrier to pain otherwise they don't work. Hoping you get stronger and stronger every week and remember we are all here for you. Hugs Carol
 
Again, thank you everyone! Your support keeps me sane.

@jlsotr unfortunately I can’t wear anything around my hips or their general area that’s tight - my sensitivity issues make even the waistbands on my pants often unbearable. And to be honest, (@Cas ) no one has been able to figure out what’s happening to cause that horrendous popping out sensation just right of my lower back. It has happened on the left side, too, but now the right for many months has been the worst and totally unpredictable. They’ve done over six MRIs, several xrays, eight or more diagnostic injections in various places in search of the culprit. Even two nuclear bone scans. Doctors, specialists and PTs are stumped. So I get the “since we can’t find it, we will ignore it” attitude. It’s very disheartening because I know that if it could be treated, most of my other issues would resolve, too.

Have had a bad night last night...only 2 hours sleep...and a emotionally draining day today. After the muscle strain, and later the spot popping out, my positivity plummeted. Am feeling teary all day. @Cas the tramadol was giving me awful nightmares so I thought I’d try cutting out as much as possible. Have also been having intestinal problems that I worried were being caused by the meds. I feel like I’m damned if I do/don’t take them. And to be honest, one 50mg per dose with 1000 mg paracetemol wasn’t really helping. When I took 100mg at a dose plus the paracetemol, it helped a bit, but at what cost? I’m terrified of becoming constipated as that can really mess with my back/IBS etc. So...I will have to consider what to do. I have had pain med probs (intolerance or don’t work) with all the many meds I’ve been prescribed over the past five years. It’s really frustrating because I would give almost anything to find SOMEthing that would work and not cause problems. Anything morphine based makes me hyperactive and extremely nervous, so I can’t sleep at night and my anxiety goes through the roof.

Ok. This post is very long. Sorry. You have all been so helpful! ❤️
 
Last edited:
I hate that you are still suffering.
I wish I had something to tell you to try.
I am hoping things ease soon.:console2:
 
@MobiM So sorry for your pain. I do know what it's like to be up all night just wishing it would all go away! A good cry does release the emotional tension. I too have had lots of painkillers that don't work - I must be very resistant LOL! At the mo I am not too bad and wish I could help you more but I can only sympathise, send healing hugs and prayers. Don't give up hope things will turn out ok. Just keep going day by day. You have made progress over the weeks so try and focus on that to keep you going. If you need any help just keep asking - I know this forum will give you support and help and a place to say exactly how you feel! Hoping today is a better day for you. Hugs Carol
 
@MobiM Hi there. Hope to find you a bit better today. Are you still feeling down? It can be difficult to feel optimistic when you feel you're getting nowhere but you are a tough woman. Just keep going you will get through this. Have you seen your GP again and has he suggested any diff pain killers? There must be something you haven't tried. Am keeping warm today as it's snowing here - yippee. The dog and cats have loved it. We were up on yorkshire moors yesterday and there was a lot of snow. it looked very beautiful. Hope the pain is a little better today - sending hugs and support love Carol.
 
@Cas thanks for your message. No, unfortunately I can’t ride in the car so I can’t see my GP. I have gone back on the tramadol and paracetemol every six hours. I try to walk my short distance daily, but I still spend most of my time flat on my back. Tried to walk further yesterday, but later in the evening the pain was awful. Because I can’t go out in the car, or ride in an ambulance, I’m pretty much stuck here with my husband doing everything. I can only pray that time and perseverence will show some changes. I so wish I could get out and about like you. Hugs! Maureen
 
Hi @MobiM
Praying your good days will soon begin to out number your bad days.
Hang in there....you'll get there slowly but surely.
Patience and Perseverance.
Sending love and a hug!
 
@MobiM hi yés it's good to get out for a while. I can go out at the weekend when my daughter is around otherwise I'm housebound at the mo ! I know how cabin crazy it can be LOL. So sorry you're in so much pain. Do doctors not make house calls in Australia? I have had them out to me over here and can get phone consultations when I couldn't make it to the surgery. You really need to see or talk to your GP. I suppose its the distance that makes it difficult. Have never been to Australia but the distances from one place to another seems huge. Do you live in a town or are you in the sticks? Sorry I can't help in any other way except to offer support. Keep safe and keep in touch Hugs Carol
 
Sorry to hear about your struggles. After my last THR my gutt was a mess. Indigestion so bad it gave me AFib. So I started taking probiotics. Dropped all dairy and ate lots of veggies. Using Kefer in my morning smoothie. What a difference I’m a new person.
 
Well, I managed to go locally to get my blood test done. It was a struggle even tho it was only a 10 minute car ride and a very short walk from the car to the clinic. The wait was about ten minutes. But now after getting home, my lower back, hips and SI joints feel like they will all fall apart if I even move the wrong way. The instability in my joints is so painful - and frightening. While I did it, I find no satisfaction because I was able to do a lot more than that months ago. I feel like I’m made of a child’s blocks that are stacked unevenly and will all come apart and crashing down at the least pressure or shake. Still trying to stay positive, but it’s hard when everyone I meet says “Over three months since the surgery? You should be doing much better than you are!” Grrr! (Everyone but you guys here). I want so badly to be able to travel to my daughter’s new house and see it - only about 15 minutes away. She and her family have been in it now for over 7 months. But after today’s debacle and subsequent pain, I have my doubts that I will ever see it in person.
 
Oh Mobi. I'm so sympathetic for your situation. Do you suppose those muscles are quite atrophied from all the time you were not mobile and are still not able to get about much.
Remind me...what, if any, PT are you engaged in. Do you have a physical therapist?
I'm sure you do get frustrated and discouraged but I still have faith things can get much better. Hope you do too.
:console2:
 
Sorry it was so painful @MobiM. Even though you do not feel satisfaction because you could do more months ago, it is something in recent weeks you felt you would not be able to do at all, and you did manage. Atrophied muscles can take a long time to come back. Remember you did not think you would be able to sit at Christmas and you did.

Hope rest today is helpful. Try not to let frustration completely take over. You will make it to your daughter’s house.
 
@MobiM Hi - so sorry you are in so much pain but glad you got to the clinic. That was a big step for you. I know it's hard and you are scared you will always be this way but you WILL improve and things WILL get better! It's so hard when people think you should be further on but they don't live with all your problems - try and ignore them!! We are all here to listen and support you so keep posting. Hope that after a few days of rest you will start to feel better. Am sure you will see your daughters new house - you managed at christmas to sit up with them. Try and remember the positive things you've achieved. Hugs for you:friends:. love Carol
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom