THR So many ups and downs<

You certainly don’t need nothing else @mobi.if there is a problem with blood sugar, better to know so you can sty on top of it. I know traveling in the car is tough for you. I hope this trip is a bit better.

Take care Maureen,

Ginny
 
Mobi the author! How very cool is that. I like your little YouTube trailer also.
It's certainly understandable you can't write or use the computer while on your back.
Would you be able to write through recording?
Obviously not your first choice but you may be feeling creative someday
and be able to capture it all on audio to transcribe later.
Hope the rest of your week is good!
@MobiM
 
@MobiM an author! How exciting and how awful it must be not to be able write at the moment. Hope your next blood test is ok. You've had a lot to deal with as it is. We just have to battle on LOL. It's hard but there are so many supportive people on here. I can't be more grateful for all their support myself. Keep going - you can do this. Love Carol x
 
@MobiM Hi there just checking in to see how you are doing as I haven't heard from you for a while. Hope the blood tests were all ok and you are feeling a bit better. Hugs Carol
 
@Josephine quick question: The sides of both my hips are very painful, mostly though the thr hip side. I am wondering how long it’s helpful to put ice on the hip? I have been told in the past that ice is only beneficial for injuries and etc in the first few days - or possibly weeks, with this surgery. I’m nearly 4 months post surgery. I try the ice but am not sure if it’s helping or hurting. Any thoughts?
 
Hi @MobiM
I'm sorry you continue to suffer so.
Ice is beneficial for pain and swelling so it's not going to hurt in my estimation.
Try it and see if it brings you some relief.
Hoping your pain eases and you have a peaceful week.
 
@MobiM I am so sorry about your cat it is devastating. I taught high school English for 30 years and envied authors abilities to visualize and write then stir our emotions. Write about your sweet pet or your recovery. Put yourself as a child and the fear and questions we have. I would bet they would be amazing stories.
 
Thanks to you both! I have been trying the ice for short bursts but am not sure if it’s helping. When I used it for the first few weeks immediately after surgery, I could feel the benefits right away. Now I suspect it might somehow be causing muscle spasms or tightness in the muscles as my buttocks and side of hip become so painful. Can the metal in the joint get cold? Like metal railings do in winter? That could be terribly painful if so.

I always write an obituary for any of my pets when they pass. I believe each one should be remembered as the beautiful individual sweet souls they were. Because we breed Labradors for SEDA (Seeing Eye Dogs of Australia) we have our fair share of heartache with litters - pups stillborn, or getting puppy fade and passing. It breaks my heart and I have never forgotten any of those precious little souls. But we do have our good things, too. One pup was born not breathing and unresponsive. I worked on him - mouth to mouth and cpr - for over 30 minutes. Long after my husnband said to give it up. But suddenly he moved, spluttered and started breathing on his own. What a miracle pup! He didn’t get chosen by SEDA, but is living a happy life with a family who loves him dearly. The ones who graduate as working Seeing Eye Dogs are what make it all worthwhile.

Thanks for your input guys! Many hugs!
 
@MobiM Hi so sorry you are still having pain. I do hope Josephine can give you some advice. You have had so much to deal with it can't be easy to stay positive but at least you have your lovely dogs to be there for you. Animals are wonderful companions when you are ill and feeling down. Hope you feel better soon love Carol:friends:
 
I was still icing at 4 months especially after being active. 45 minutes or so.
I guessed moving around prompted swelling inside and thus the tightness.
I wondered about getting my new metal sticks frozen too:heehee: probably not, but glad you mentioned it!
 
Hi Mobi,
I hope today brings you some relief from pain. Maybe try icing off and on....
I believe Jo recommends at least 40 mins. each sitting.

Amazing story on how you didn't give up on that little pup and breathed life back into him. Precious!
I love labs, they're some of the best in my eyes. Grew up with them and still have one. Just so happens they
are a fave of my husbands, so it's been many years of labs in my life. It's wonderful that you breed them for SEDA also. Given the fact that you're an author I'll bet the words are very heartfelt and come easy when writing an obit for each one you sadly lose.

Hope your able to rest comfortably today, Mobi and that you soon find answers for your pain and permanent relief.
@MobiM
 
I have been told in the I try the ice but am not sure if it’s helping or hurting.past that ice is only beneficial for injuries and etc in the first few days - or possibly weeks, with this surgery.
There is no 'one rule fits all' for this And you have to figure out for yourself which it is.
Now I suspect it might somehow be causing muscle spasms or tightness in the muscles as my buttocks and side of hip become so painful. Can the metal in the joint get cold? Like metal railings do in winter?
No! Certainly not. The hip prosthesis is actually only a small piece of metal and is buried deep in your major muscles and tissues so it's always at body temperature.

Perhaps you would benefit from some structured advice but in order to do that, I also need to ask you some questions. Are you willing for me to do that?
 
@Josephine we did these questions when I was 4 weeks post. Would you still want them done again now?
 
@MobiM
I want so badly to say something inspiring and comforting and know it made you smile and continues to foster hope for things to improve more quickly.
I know you have struggled and want you to know I pray that you continue to keep up your baby steps toward improving.
:praying:
 
Agree with Mojo @MobiM. Hoping you are still making some baby steps forward. Your recovery is certainly not a straight path, but we don’t yet know the final destination.

Hope you have a peaceful weekend.
 
Happy Saturday!
Wondering how you've been over the past few days....
Hoping you had some days with big chunks of relief.
So sorry for the pain you continue to suffer, Mobi :console2:
Hope today is a good day for you!
@MobiM
 
@MobiM Hi there. Are you ok? Haven't seen any posts from you lately so am hoping it's because everything is going well. Do let us know how things are. Hugs Carol - I worry when people stop posting LOL!
 
@MobiM one thing that might help with the lower back, achy issue you had when you were walking in your driveway. Have you purchased new shoes since your surgery. You should never wear shoes you used pre-op when you are recovering. They will have an old wearing pattern and can cause all sorts of aches and pains.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom