Guest viewing is limited

THR So many ups and downs<

Hi @MobiM I can't yet sit like "normal", even with a thick.high density foam cushion! I can sit reclined though for awhile.
So, I understand your frustration right now. I just feel like if you were immobile for 5yrs its definitely going to take your entire body at least a full year to build up the strength to be anywhere near "normal".... And I say that word in quotation because whatever that looks like for you, is going to be different than what it was years ago before all this even began. It will become a new normal. But anyhow, I honestly feel you're expecting too much without truly accepting where you've been. It's not just your hip here, it's your entire body! Everything is going to have to stretch and build and get stronger....and it has to begin slow and it just won't be without aches and soreness. I just want to encourage you to go easier on yourself. Find a way to see the small steps forward that you've made. Also, I'd scrap all that pool side step walking business. All you need to do is walk....in a straight line....and not in excess. Sending you hugs. I hope you feel my sincerity and encouragement. ❤
 
Hi @MobiM-I agree with Danabanana-crutches for five years, it will take a while to get everything back together. Getting muscles back to working will cause soreness, that’s why going slowly is best.
 
Hi @MobiM
I hope you've been having some good days.
Wanting you to be able to spend some time sitting with loved ones
over the next few days as you so wished to do. Hope that dream will come true.
Hugs and warm wishes for a Happy Christmas and that things start looking up in 2018.
:merry christmas:
 
@danabanana yes, I know things will take longer. I just wish I COULD see progress. A year ago, I could sit in the car....at least get out of the house. Then that changed due to the “popping out spot”. I have been getting worse for all these five years and now to deal with the hip surgery as well...it’s simply overwhelming. My husband has become totally stressed and angry - hard not to when he has to do literally everything. I could definitely be patient if I could just know there WILL be a light at the end of this tunnel. I always used to have something to complete this thought: “Well, if things get TOO bad, I can always...” ie: lie on the bed, see my GP, go to the ER...etc. But I have nothing to end that sentence with anymore. Lying on the bed is often very painful, can’t see my GP because I can’t manage the car ride, same with the ER ... the list goes on. I’m a tough woman - I’ve been in extremely tough situations, but this is a doozy. I somehow have to find hope daily in the midst of failure and total uncertainty. But I keep plugging along - and pray for miracles.

Thank you everyone for sticking with me and giving me your support despite my whinging. Last year I was able to sit for short stretches when the kids and grandkids came for Christmas. Even managed a family photo! This year I can’t. Every morning I wake up and hope plummets when I struggle once again to even stand up. Thank you for allowing me to vent. It’s difficult as I really can’t tell anyone but this forum how I really feel.

It’s Christmas today. I’ve spent it in pain on my bed. Too sore from my brief walk yesterday to even do the pool walks. My children are having Christmas with their inlaws this year, but coming here to celebrate on the 30th - next Saturday. Maybe a miracle before then will allow me to sit with them for a bit while they’re here.
 
I'm hoping for that miracle for you too! I can relate to your despair.....I'm doing my best to stay upbeat and positive but I honestly feel more limited and pain right now that I did previous to surgery. That being said, and how I am managing to maintain prospective, is that it's a different pain and discomfort...and that because this is still early days after such a major surgery, I need to be gentle and patient and remember this too shall pass. It may not be perfect but ya know, it certainly wasnt perfect before! I'm also reminded it's always darkest before the dawn. My compass is pain....pain means STOP. So rather than feel badly you couldn't get to the pool, perhaps that's a good thing. Perhaps taking time off from the pool will be a good idea because even though you feel okay initially, pain later is not a good! I don't know....I really wish I could just wave my magic wand and make it all better for you. Sending you hugs. We are here. Always. You're not alone. ❤
 
@MobiM Hi there. Hope you are feeling a bit better. Have not been on for a while as I wasnt well enough to type. We had a very quiet christmas here but very relaxing. Rest up for your childrens visit and you will be able to sit with them for a while. It may seem a hard road at the moment but you are making progress. Sometimes it's hard for us to see it. Keep telling yourself it will get better and it will help you! You're a tough lady so you can get through this too. Sorry I can't offer any helpful advice but we are all behind you so keep at it and don't worry about the moaning on here-we can listen to any rant you want - we've been there too LOL. Sending hugs and healing prayers - Carol:friends::prayer:
 
I’m so sorry that you’ve been struggling. I hope that the rest beteeen now and your children coming will see you able to sit with them for as long as you want.
Was just wondering if a recliner would enable you to sit for longer
Sending best wishes and hugs :console2:
 
Wondering how you're doing today @MobiM
Still hoping you'll be able to be upright for your kids on Saturday the 30th.
Have you considered hiring help a few times a week, if it's in the budget?
Freeing hubby up and relieving some stress for both of you. I'm sorry you
suffer so and I feel inadequate in offering advice. I can offer prayer though :prayer:
To brighter days...
 
I feel that my hip is improving, but my darn back or SI joints are still keeping me flat. And the hypersensitivity. Unfortunately a recliner is worse. I have to lie perfectly flat with pillows under my knees. I can’t even prop on pillows or it’s too painful. The sides of both hips are too painful to lie on. As for help with cleaning, we had a cleaner come once a week for 8 weeks through our private health insurance, but it wasn’t really much of a help. I will persevere. If I could just sit in a car again it would make a lot of difference, but seems nothing in that department is changing.

Thanks for all your help, support and prayers. I haven’t given up hope.
 
Good news you feel hip is improving @MobiM. Don’t give up hope. Are you icing on the sides of the hips? I know sometimes I had ice packs in multiple places.
 
Tough lady you are. It most certainly feels like forever when you still have so much pain and can't rest.
Hard to realize it really has only been 2 1/2 months which with your horrid situation prior, is NOT that long. I do wonder if some passive type PT massage etc wouldn't be helpful...definitely not forcing...just helping you move things that you can't move yourself.
You won't give up! I can tell. But I can certainly see how hard not to get discouraged.
I say do what your doing, or little less as MammaT says when it is causing you extra pain...but you ARE baby stepping and maybe it will take more months but not FIVE years which is what you are coming back from.
Much sympathy and we are rooting for you. :loveshwr::yay:
 
Good news you feel hip is improving @MobiM. Don’t give up hope. Are you icing on the sides of the hips? I know sometimes I had ice packs in multiple places.
That’s where I always ice. It has always hurt most right over that outside hip bone.

It’s driving me nuts having to sit by and watch as my husband gets ready for our Christmas gathering. It’s NOTHING close to what I’d normally be doing! I think he could care less about Christmas. I am used to being the one in charge. Lol!

Thanks everyone!
 
Hope your Christmas was good, even with someone else in charge. Hoping you continue with some slow steady signs of progress @MobiM. When you say you are sitting by, are you able to sit a bit?
 
:flwrysmile:Hey everyone! Had a GREAT Christmas celebration. I was able to sit in the living room for most of the over five hours - with only one rest break. It was super having all my grandchildren to cuddle, and having my son and daughter and spouses all together at our place. Lots of fun and laughter. Thanks heaps for all your encouragement! What was an added bonus was that I woke today after the celebration yesterday without as much pain as usual. Maybe sitting longer is good for me!

Happy New Year, everyone! It’s New Year’s eve tonight - 6:30 pm at the moment. May 2018 bring you all positive advances, healing and joy.
 
See @mobi-sitting at Christmas! I was so happy to read that! Also very happy next day pain was less. One step at a time, one sit at a time! Happy 2018 and continued healing.
 
Happy New Year @MobiM.
That which lifts the spirit, also lifts the body. Which is what all have done for me on this site.
Hope all these baby steps add up to great strides in your recovery.
Yay for 2018!
 
What wonderful news! @MobiM
I'm happy to hear that you were able to sit with your family for such a great amount of time.
Love, fun and laughter with loved ones is the best medicine!
How awesome that you felt good today also. Possibly you should consider sitting for longer stretches...
Warm wishes for a new year of healing, peace, comfort and joy!
 
so pleased you were able to sit for so long with your family:loveshwr: @MobiM It is getting better!! Keep up with the sitting and start with small amount and grad increase time - you'll get there. Maybe no pool walking has helped more than you know. I would lay off that for a while. Have a happy and healing 2018.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom