THR So many ups and downs<

:wave: dear @MobiM
I was so so happy to read your update and especially thrilled to hear you never gave up on pursuing improvements so you can get your life back.:happydance:
I know it's been a long struggle and is an ongoing one...but Oh My Stars.. what great news that you are walking short distances On Your Own :thumb: and riding the mower ..I'm sure your husband is ever so glad you are able to help him through some of his rough bits too!
You should check out the library for knee articles like this one about ROM you can click on..

You should also pull up some threads on the knee side ...

Thank you for your kind words about Bonesmart. Lots of great members and staff were there for me through my recovery too...
Please pop in when you are able...I love to see you are doing better.:friends:
 
wish my husband would join, but unfortunately he’s not a computer person. So if anyone can tell me if it’s “ok” to be at only 60-65* knee bend going into week 4 post surgery, I’d be so grateful.
4 weeks is very early days in this 52 week, on average, recovery. He has lots of time to regain his ROM, there is no “window of opportunity” like we are often told.

Feel free to start a recovery thread for him over on the knee forum, and we’ll help you both through his recovery. We have other members who do this for family members.
 
Hello Kitten.jpeg @MobiM

How lovely for you to stop by and let us know how you are doing. Walking 300 yards unaided ... I applaud you and cannot wait till I can walk that far.

Everything went pear-shaped for me and they found infection when they went to do the Revision in October 2018 so I had a spacer in until March 2019 and have been trying to get back to normal since then. I can walk but with one arm crutch but only do about 200 feet at a time and it is not totally pain free. I wonder if I have that vascular problem again. I see my Surgeon on 23 March for a one year checkup so I will question him.

Other than that I am doing well and enjoying getting out into my garden as our weather is spring like with temps around 70.

I am sorry to hear your husband is going through some trauma but he is new to the game and I am sure he will improve with time and yor encouragement.

Take care and keep in touch.

[Bonesmart.org] So many ups and downs< Izzy xx
 
Hi @MobiM :flwrysmile:
So very pleased to read such a positive update. Delighted to hear you are getting your life back at last, well done.
 
Hello @MobiM
It's so nice to read such a positive update from you. I'm very happy to learn of the wonderful progress you've made. Walking unaided, sitting for longer periods and even able to be in the car are all such accomplishments for you.
Thanks for your kind sentiment in regard to BoneSmart. I found it to be a great resource and important part of my recovery as well.

I hope things only get better for you and you're able to share more encouraging updates going forward.
All the best!
 
I think your last post highlighted something many of us have discovered---that our hip replacement often leads us to discover other areas of our body that need additional attention, either because of problems already existing those areas, or issues resulting from our failing hips. I think our natural inclination is to assume that aches and pains we continue to have after our replacements were caused by the replacement, which is true in many cases. But there also is a likelihood that we have concurrent issues---that the natural aging process, or our previous lifestyle has led us to have more things that need to address. With each new day/year of my life, I gain greater appreciation for all of the wonderful options we have medically by living in this day and age! It sounds like you are on top of things in this regard.....best of luck!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom