THR So many ups and downs<

I pray you get some relief sometimes. :praying:
I just noticed the background in your avatar. Is that where you live or were you on a trip?
It's stunning scenery.
 
Last edited:
Hi @MobiM
I'm happy for you! I think what you're doing is great.
Teeny, tiny baby steps, hopefully with no setbacks, will get you there.
I'll bet the FitBit is somewhat of a motivator also.
Just take it slow and you'll gradually find your way back. Yahoo, Mobi :yes!:
I hope your week is great!
 
@MobiM so glad you are improving. The fitbit is good at showing your progress even a few extra steps make you feel great. You sound so positive - keep at it and have a great week hugs Carol
 
Hi @MobiM your story is heart breaking to read, I hope things improve for you. Just wondered but have you ever seen a rheumatologist? I've been diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis. Have a read about it, it's a form of arthritis that affects your spine, mainly the sacro iliac joint. It causes inflammation in your tendons as well. There are medications you can take for it. Not saying you have it, but perhaps you could see a rheumatologist for a holistic view of what's happening?

https://www.spondylitis.org/Ankylosing-Spondylitis
 
Hi @MobiM
Wondering how your week is going?
Ill bet you're getting in your walks with the FitBit.
I hope your pain is more tolerable this week. Wishing there would be more good days than bad days for you.
Slowly but surely you'll get there.
Wishing you a relaxing weekend!
 
Hi everyone, was doing okay for a while in that I was walking the driveway 3 times a day and once a day only using hiking poles, which provide no support. But then yesterday I could not walk. I am seeing progress by pushing myself to walk, but I’m not seeing any progress in terms of the pain. I even tried taking the Endone (morphine) again, but it didn’t really help. The Allodynia gets bad and I get super bouts of anxiety which all contribute to pulling my spirits down. I went out in the car twice this past week - my coccyx/tailbone and lower back are still tender.

@Margie10, I asked my doctor about Ankylosing Spondylitis but he said, no, I don’t have that.

The fitbit does help, but I tend to push myself. At first it was reading incorrectly - doubling my steps! I thought, wow! I’m doing great! Then realised what was happening and reset the fitbit so I now have accurate step readings. I have my daily goal set for 2000 steps. That’s 3 driveways plus everyday little bits. But I worry that the hip pain and SI joint pain got so bad I had to back off walking completely yesterday. I just wish the allodynia would go away! It makes me SO anxious. And anxiety makes more pain.

I don’t know if any of you are affected by the full moon? I am always messed up badly by it. It starts messing me up about a week before. Pain, migraines, nerves, emotional rollercoaster...really difficult. Then a few days after, things settle. So this week - last night, actually - was the full moon, and I know a LOT of my pain and nervousness etc have that to blame.

It’s not yet 6 months. My doctor told me 6 months to a year before the tendon would heal. My surgeon told me, given my history of immobility and pain, he wouldn’t expect great things for “several months”. So, I must be patient.

The hardest thing for me is knowing when to back off. I get so down if I have a day where I go backwards. But I need to learn that it’s to be expected.

Thank you ALL for being my wonderful support group and cheer squad. Your encouragement is so helpful in keeping me positive.

@Mojo333 the pic I have up is one taken on our back deck by our pool at Christmas two years ago. So yes, that’s where I live. It IS beautiful here. I am lying on the bed watching rainbow lorikeets, galahs, doves and cockatoos at our bird feeders as I write this. We are desperate for rain, though - everything is so dry.
 
Aww, Mobi
I certainly understand your frustration but try not to let it get you down. You've been doing so well!
Just take a little break and then try again. Every day is a fresh new start.
You're within the perimeters of what your doctor used to gauge your progression. That's a positive!

Sorry you are so affected by the full moon. It must be kind of like PMS. That's what is sounds like.
I hope you're beginning to feel better. Wishing you a peaceful weekend!
@MobiM
 
Thanks Layla! Now I have a new concern My tailbone area has started hurting over the past week. I’ve had trouble sitting for 5 years due to my SI joints, but not probs with my coccyx. Can the added walking do this? Or my SI joints? I really don’t need anymore painful areas! :scare:
 
Oh yes. The rainbow lorakeets. How could I forget? It might be the prettiest bird I ever saw. (Googled last time you mentioned)
In my area, we have a painted bunting but they are tiny and elusive, hard to draw to a feeder.
I'm sorry I have no answer to your hypersensitivity. Terribly frustrated for you. I wish today is a Good Day.
 
Oh boy, @MobiM
I'm really not sure about the tailbone.
I know mine hurt often pre-op, especially if I sat on hard surfaces.
I didn't realize mine no longer bothered me until someone brought it up in the forum
yesterday.

Let's see what @Josephine has to say about tailbone involment in the whole scheme of things.
I'm sorry you're hurting. I hope you're able to get back to your walking schedule soon.
You were doing so well. Enjoy the weekend!
 
@MobiM Hi there so sorry you are still suffering. Have been reading up on you condition and I do sympathise with you. The fatigue from that and the hip replacement must be awful but I know you will soldier on. You are so strong to deal with all this. I can only say things will get better - don't give up! We are all behind you and cheering you on. Have a better time next week. Hugs and prayers for you winging acrosss the miles. Cheers Carol
 
Am really getting anxious over this new painful coccyx problem. And have been struggling to walk as it seems to stir up the coccyx or muscles running across that area. Have had to go back to icing my hip - even at night. And my left SI joint and hip are not happy. When I wake at 5am, I start to go back to sleep then sudden waves of anxiety jolt me awake. Even forgot it was our 35th anniversary yesterday! Am I going crazy?? My cranial osteopath is coming tonight. Hopefully he can settle things. Sometimes just one more thing is the straw that breaks the camel’s back. :scare:
 
Oh no..Mobi.
Please don't be worried....don't have answers, just virtual hugs.:console2:
 
Congratulations on 35 years @MobiM. You can be forgiven forgetting the date. I do hope osteopath can provide some relief. Try not to worry too much.
 
Hi @MobiM
Congratulations on 35 years! Wonderful accomplishment.

No, you are not going crazy. You are living with chronic pain, have a lot on your mind and it sounds as though your sleep may be affected which isn't helping matters.

Hopefully Jo will have some advice on the tailbone issue. Wondering if you've tried heat or ice,
if so, did either work?

If you haven't already, consider talking to your PCP in regard to your anxiety. It's sad to think of you lying in bed experiencing waves of anxiety. It's supposed to be a restful, peaceful time.
Possibly your doctor could prescribe something, to serve as a bridge, to get you back to where you want to be.

I hope the visit with your osteopath proves beneficial. Please keep us posted.

Wishing you a night of peaceful restorative sleep! :yawn: :sleep:
 
@Layla thanks for your kind words. Unfortunately I’ve had GAD (Generalised Anxiety Disorder) since menopause began. Very common due to hormonal loss etc. I’ve tried several meds but nothing helps. I am a huge supporter of Dr Claire Weekes who wrote Self Help For Your Nerves in the 1940’s and it’s been reprinted dozens of times since. That said, it doesn’t necessarily address anxiety over health problems - nothing does except fixing the problem. A bit like telling a cancer patient not to worry. But on a good note, my hip/back doctor is going to come and help me with the prob. He thinks it is probably due to SIJ disfunction. I do my best to get through each day with hope. Some days are harder than others. If it weren’t for this forum, I would have nowhere to vent. Sorry to be a bit of a wet blanket, though. There is always hope.
 
Hope something gets going with SI issue.
You can whine to us all you wish.
Hope today has something beautiful in it for you...a lorakeet?
 
So glad your doc is coming to see you @MobiM. I don’t know the last time I have heard of that happening here in the states. Try to focus on the better days. I know with my cancer, I have worked to mentally put it up on the shelf. I focus on what I can do in there here and now.

There is always hope. I also hope you find something beautiful today. I think it’s always there, some days we just have to look harder.
 
I heard of Claire Weekes many years ago. A friend told me her books were very beneficial.
You're not a wet blanket, Mobi. You're a woman in pain who is suffering and looking for some relief.
My heart goes out to you in your longsuffering. You've made some strides though. You're doing so well
with your driveway walks. Try to continue building on that when you're feeling up to it.
It's great to hear you'll visit with your doctor. Let us know how it goes.
Wishing you a peaceful day @MobiM
 
@MobiM Hi there so sorry you're feeling so down. I know how it feels. Like a dark tunnel with no end but these feelings will pass - It's hard to understand unless you've been there but please know we are all here cheering you on! You have done so well with your hip and I'm sure it will get better week by wek. So glad your doctor is coming out to see you. Tell him how worried you are and he will prob be able to help. Thinking of you and sending hugs, Carol
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom