TKR so glad that is over !

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks everyone...I will get there..steady ..steady ... Just before I got my op done we found an abandoned pram on an oval ..I put Winston in it and wheeled him around in it for a laugh...Needed it the other way round when I came out of hospital ..he should have been pushing me ! :loll:
[Bonesmart.org] so glad that is over !
 
  • Funny
Reactions: DAJ
aww thanks maggie may !! Took Winston to a dog beach today and I walked down all the steps down to the beach and then went for a bit of a walk along the beach as well....I am so glad even though I am not walking fast and my hubby says I am walking funny....and should bend my knee more when I walk ..:gaah: that I am able to start doing the things I used to do.....

Hope you all had a great weekend.....
 
hi everyone out there in computer land! Had another physio appt today ( I see him once a week ) he measured my knee bend at the end of the session and it was 70 %..he said I seem to go up 5 % every week so if I can get to 90% in another 4 weeks he would be happy with that ( meanwhile I phone up my surgeon next week to cancel my MUA!!! ) I also went to see my normal doctor to get a prescription for some more anti inflammatories and even my doctor said that he doesn't blame me for not wanting a MUA.. he said everyone heals and recovers at a different rate and I said to him that my surgeon is one of the ones that is obssessed by numbers that you should be at such and such a percent at so many weeks and he just said to me I think you are doing well, as long as you keep getting abit better each week....and I said to him if in say 2 or 3 months I have not improved I would phone up and get a MUA then but I am quite happy at the moment plodding along and doing what I am doing... I have been going in the heated pool 3 times a week and doing squats and ( trying to ) march and standing on tip toe etc...so I am sure that is helping to some extent too.... I mostly walk around everywhere now unaided....like I said to my doctor today and my physio, I have come too far now to think about going backwards if I was to go and have the dreaded MUA...
Hope you are all doing well .............:dancy:
 
[Bonesmart.org] so glad that is over !
So you certainly have the right point of view with your recovery, mrs cricklewood. Keep up that positive attitude; it will take you far. And I agree that as long as you continue to improve each week, then all is well.

Some of us are just a bit slower than others, but we all get to the end of recovery road in the long run; and that's all that matters.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
Wonderful for you!!! You did yourself the best
 
phoned up my surgeons office and the hospital today to officially cancel my MUA..it is MY way or the highway !! this afternoon went to the pool and did my stretching and bending exercises to celebrate ! :loll:
 
Congratulations on your increased flexion. I am sure you will get there. :puppysmooze: :flwrysmile:
 
Congrats to you on the improvement !!! I bet youre relieved about the MUA. I couldnt think of anything worse then going back to be operated on again! NO NO NO.
You will see constant progress. Just focus on you dont worry about others expectations.
You are doing Great!
 
thanks everyone ! I met a lady today who had a knee replacement 2 weeks ago..my hubby came running up to me and said hey you have to meet so and so she just her knee done. Well I went to meet her and was going to tell her about this forum but wow she was overbearing.......She told me she had her other leg done 3 years ago and then before I could tell her about this forum she told me that within 3 days she made sure she got to 120 degree bend and I said WHAT ??!! She told me others that had their knee done were going back to have a MUA at 8 weeks because they had such a low ROM ! ( yes 8 weeks! ) so she said blowed if she was going to be one of them ..no pain no gain ! So I said yes but surely your knee would have been pretty swollen and sore and she said maybe so but you have to work through all the pain and really force it. I told her I spent the first 5 weeks or so not doing much and icing my knee and then she said Oh that's where you went wrong you should have been really trying to get that knee bending as much as possible! ( oh boy ..that is the last thing I would have wanted to do !!) She told me her sister just had hers done and phoned her crying because her knee is sore and swollen and she said I told her you just fight through that pain and get that knee bending ( boy I am glad she is not MY sister! ) Far out..just talking to her made my knee ache! She had 2 crutches and told me she can already walk quite easily without them ( WHAT!! ) and that she was just using them today because her husband wants her to..Oh boy...I am glad I am doing things this bonesmart forums way ! I will stick to what I am doing thankyou very much!
 
Oh my, I think I would have stood there with my mouth open with shock and not amazement. Some people are just unique in their certainty. I hope her progress continues as well considering she is not listening to her body at all. Definitely not someone who would be interested in bonesmart - she already has all the answers. I agree with you, her poor sister.

Have a good day. Lee
 
I agree!!! I am sure her knee was crying out "please rescue me from this tyrant!"
Too bad really. It doesn't have to be that way!!
 
I took this photo of my knee at week 9 ........ the scar is healing nicely...I rub arnica cream and also bio oil over it every night........ and also a pic of me and my boy Winston taken the same day .....I can finally take him for walks..they might be slow, but I am so happy to be able to do it, and it can only be uphill from now on..yah !! :egypdance:
[Bonesmart.org] so glad that is over !
[Bonesmart.org] so glad that is over !
 
So happy for you and Winston !!! He is just precious!!!
 
So good it loOks glad he went around kneecap. Mone is straight then curved on shin strange. Im 5 weeks out looks like life is good for you and your dog xx
 
thanks DAJ

Yes I feel like I have finally turned a corner and things are slowly getting better for me and I am able to do more 'normal' things.......I just went to physio this morning and I got to a 74% bend...I was 67% before the session started...I have some ankle weights he leant me to put around my ankles when my leg is hanging off the chair or edge of the bed and he wants me to lift my leg up ..then relax it...I am so glad he is not one of these gung ho physios that some of you poor people on here have had to deal with ..He was happy enough with how I am going ......Then I went to the heated pool and did half an hour of walking and stretching and standing on tiptoes and standing on one leg and squatting etc... so that is is me for the day now ! Time for taking it easy !
 
I love hearing those words " I feel like I have finally turned a corner". I remember saying them a few weeks ago and then again last week.
Progress slow and steady!!!
 
Good news! hope each day it just keeps getting better:yay: .. My new physio is coming to my home for the first time tomorrow,cant say Im looking forward to that having done everything alone.:whistle:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom