Guest viewing is limited

TKR so glad that is over !

Status
Not open for further replies.
aww thanks @bottomshollow ......today we went to the local dam and I did heaps of walking through the bush up and down tracks and dirt roads....my knee bend is still lousy but I can walk ok..so I am happy about that ! Hope everyone out there in new knee computer land have a great year X
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] so glad that is over !
    041X.JPG
    228.4 KB · Views: 218
  • [Bonesmart.org] so glad that is over !
    039X.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 216
  • [Bonesmart.org] so glad that is over !
    065X.JPG
    178.4 KB · Views: 222
hey everyone..check this out..I got it off ebay for the princely sum of $3.68 including delivery....I just half fill it with ice cubes and it so cool and soothing on my knee......
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] so glad that is over !
    004X.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 211
hi everyone out there in computer land..hope you are all doing ok..We are babysitting our pals 3 doggies while they are on holidays and they have an electric treadmill in the lounge ...so I have been watching tv and doing about an hour on the electric treadmill for the last 4 days ( with my shoes on ) but didn't do any yesterday as my knee is so sore and swollen..it is just coincidence or maybe is an electric treadmill to stressful on my new knee ? ( it has been 5 months since my op ) Even my hubby has commented on how stiffly I am walking now ....I won't go on it again till I hear some feedback..I will stick to 'normal' walking..
...here is a pic of the doggies..my boy Winston is on the left.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] so glad that is over !
    040X.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 234
@mrs cricklewood I had missed a w hole bunch of Winston pictures somehow. I've just seen them and they are wonderful. He is the most beautiful doggie and it looks like he has the greatest life any doggie ever had! I especially love the ones with him and the chicken and the ones with him flying over the surf. Aren't dogs the best thing!!

I hope you are doing well and I'll watch more carefully for Winston pictures. They gladden my heart!

Peace and love to you.

Milli
 
hi @Butterfly ....the dogs get on so well together....I was getting their food ready ..they all have different requirements and are fed seperately otherwise there is too much bowl swopping going on ! in the above photo they were all sitting watching me in the kitchen ! Winston has a fav tree here at my pals place and if the dogs aren't playing or mooching around Winston is sitting in his tree! ahah
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] so glad that is over !
    018X.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 208
  • [Bonesmart.org] so glad that is over !
    001XX.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 200
Wow! He climbs trees, too? How far off the ground is he? And I see it is two against one in tug-of-war. I bet Winston wins every time.

I have to feed my guys separately, too -- well, at the same time, but one in one corner and one in the other and me overseeing so they don't get each other's food. They are older doggies now and they each have medicines to take, which they get in their food, and I don't want them to get the other's medicine. Harold takes gabapentin for his pinched nerve in his neck and Emily takes thyroid meds and allergy meds. Our local Walgreens has a Rx savings plan where you can get reduced rates for your meds if you are uninsured and they suggested I sign up Harold and Emily. Harold is listed as the head of household, so he gets letters from Walgreens -- "Dear Mr. Alvarado...." Funny!
 
the tree is not that far off the ground but he just loves sitting in it, watching the world go by ! ......that is funny that Harold gets his own private mail! hahah Lucky boy ! ... You certainly wouldn't want your doggies getting the wrong medications for sure....I am hoping that when we get back home my hubby will agree to fostering a doggy..there are so many homeless pooches here in Western Australia...breaks my heart..Winston is loving having his chums to play with...I got this great action shot last night of him and Kiera mucking around on the sofa..it looks ferocious but it was very harmless, and they were hardly making any noise !
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] so glad that is over !
    061X.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 225
I'm no expert, but I think it is no coincidence that you used the treadmill for such a long time 4 days in a row and now swollen and hurting! ... I'm 5 months out and at 4 months I went to gym 4 days in a row and rode recumbent bike for 30 minutes each day. By the 5th day I could barely walk. Oh, so much swelling and pain!
I was told to do 5 minutes each time, but if 5 is good, 30 has to be better. NOT! Ha! I didn't want to go all the way to gym and do 5 minutes on the bike.
Next time I might listen to those who know better. ... Or not. Ha!
I wish you the best.
Betty


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
thanks Betty ! I don't think I am going to use the treadmill again in a hurry....I thought it would be good because I could walk on it while watching tv as I am putting on weight , but I hate having this stiff knee more ..! X
 
I think that you could try the treadmill again for 15 min at a time. Maybe every other day. If you don't do regular exercise, it is always difficult to try to do a lot of it at once. I do find that the treadmill seems to bother my knees---i prefer to bike.
 
@mrs cricklewood Looks like they areplaying a game I have always called "Who's Mouth Is Bigger?" Allmy dogs have enjoyed playing this game, and you're right, although it looks vicious, it's just a game. Soetimes my dogs have added sort of gargling sounds to it to make it more exciting. I've never figured ou the point of the game, though; they just play it a while and then quit and take a nap or chase each other around or something.

I hope you can get a companion doggie for Winston. It looks like he really enjoys other doggies and would love a permanent playmate. I think fostering is a great idea -- if you foster another dog for a while, your hubby will probably fall in love with the dog, too, and then you can adopt him/her. A great plan. I know many folks who have set out to foster a dog for "just a little while," only to fall in love with the dog and be unable to let it go. Dogs kind of creep into your soul, don't they? Especially when they look longingly into your eyes -- there's just some kind of mystical connection there. Harold is a master of the longing gaze, and when he adds putting his paw on my knee, I am mush in his paws.

About the treadmill -- I have hips, not knees -- but I have a treadmill I used in the past before deterioration set in, and when I went to try to use it after my surgeries it didn't work out very well for me either and I've never been able to figure out why. I used it a couple times and ended up hurting and I haven't tried it since. Maybe soon I will try it again. Doesn't make any sense that it would make me hurt more than regular walking around does, but it does.

Love to you and Winston and friends
 
Winston is an amazing dog! He is so photogenic and his personality comes thru in your pictures. the photo of him in the tree should be entered in a contest. Thank you for sharing and making me smile this morning!
 
Hi everyone...I haven't been on here for ages..I guess I have just been busy living my life and getting on with things..It has now been just over a year since my knee replacement..About 4 months ago I fell over down the beach when the sand washed away under me..I fell in a heap and heard popping sounds as my knee bent under me..I gave myself a manipulation WITHOUT aenesthetic! I went to the doctors the next day and had xrays...I was back to hobbling around but luckily no damage was done to the knee..After a month or so I was back to walking without limping ...and it probably was a good thing, as I am sure I have more bend in my knee now !
But on a sad note just over a month ago our most precious and perfect pooch Winston tragically died...He was on our bed having his morning cuddles and wanted to go out for his morning widdles..We live out in the farming area with very little traffic..About 10 minutes later we heard a car go past and then the car reversed back, tooting its horn...We raced out and Winston was somehow out on the road and the car had hit him..We raced him to the nearest vets but my beloved boy died in my arms just as we got there...To say we were devastated...shattered..numb... is an under statement. Winston was everything to us and we loved him so much...The pain I felt from my knee replacement was nothing compared to the pain I have had in my heart the last month...Me and my hubby had to get sleeping tablets to help us sleep at night...we just struggled through one day to the next...When my darling old staffy Jethro was put to sleep 18 months ago, he was 13 and a half and had been off colour for a few days..I had time to prepare myself for what might happen when I booked him in to the vets...but to have Winston snatched from us at 3 and a half was just so cruel..he was just so happy to be alive and loved everybody and everything...his little life was really just beginning..I would not wish this sadness on anyone....Well my hubby and I were going crazy and mad at home without Winston..the house was so empty and everywhere we looked there were reminders of Winston....his dog biscuits in the pantry...leash hanging on the hook..his toy under the sofa..So we now have a new pup to train up...I was hoping to get an older rescue dog but as we have chooks and a sheep, and all our neighbours have cattle, so we thought we should go with a pup again so we can train him up not to chase them ! He is an american staffy cross staffy and we called him Sambo..he just graduated from puppy school last night..He has been a great distraction for us..we got him under the worse circumstances, but he is full of love and loves cuddles !
I hope this little update finds all my wonderful pals on here happy and healthy..a few photos for all you dog lovers on here..The first photo was one of the last photos I ever took of Winston and the rest are Sambo.
[Bonesmart.org] so glad that is over !
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] so glad that is over !
    131X.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 195
  • [Bonesmart.org] so glad that is over !
    001X.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 186
  • [Bonesmart.org] so glad that is over !
    026X.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 209
It is so hard to loose a dog and doubly hard to loose one who is young and in his prime. I am so sorry to hear about Winston. I think you have done the right thing to get another dog. We always say that our corgi, Griffin, sent us Benny--the corgi/golden retriever cross who now lives with us.
 
thankyou skidgirl .. amazing how much we can love a doggy, isn't it..... We just could not live without a dog...Please give Benny a cuddle for me ..I had a beautiful rescue dog when I was younger..Kimba..he was a corgi/samoyd !!
 
it is funny with Corgi mixes---they always seem to get the body of the Corgi and the fur of the other dog!
 
I am also so sorry! I am glad you have found a new puppy. Winston was certainly photogenic! I loved all his pictures.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom