TKR so glad that is over !

Status
Not open for further replies.
physio came today she said she could see id been working and leg is good. Worked on my patella and scar, so tiring!
 
Hi Mrs Cricklewood. - In regards to your dreaming of drowning. I am going to agree that you should be checked for sleep apnea! I was fortunate to find an ENT doctor who sent me for testing which I am so glad he did. I have been a dreamer, sleep talker, sleep walker and snorer. It was getting to the point of being dangerous as I was eating while sleep walking! I thought I had insomnia too! Turned out during sleep testing I woke up 58 times! Once I was fitted with my machine and mask everything stopped almost immediately and my sleep has improved 100 percent. I still dream but probably in a more normal way. We are a cute couple as my DH also has a different form of sleep apnea and has a cpap machine too. The test is harmless and well worth it. Take care. I love the photo of Winston!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
thanks for that info Jozilla..I have to admit I haven't had any drowning dreams for a while now but I still have some weird and wacky dreams ! haha....What a coincidence that you and your partner both have sleep apnoea! What is the chances of that ! I actually just read in a old magazine ( Good Health August 2012 ) that sleep apnoea sufferers who wear thigh high compression ( surgical ) stockings throughout the day reduced their sleep apnoea attacks by 36% during the night ....it said it may not work for everyone that suffers from it but the stockings reduce the build up of fluid during the day and therefore stopped problems at night. Thankyou for your concern XXXX
 
hi everyone..I just want to pick your brains...you know how some of you go on the exercise bike and use the pedal backwards and forwards do you do it slowly and then hold when you are at your limit to stretch the knee..and then back the other way..or do you do it quickly?? I have just started doing that..of course I can't get a full rotation yet ...I have been doing it slowly and holding for a few seconds..then back the other way... Also how many times and for how long should I do it? I am at 11 weeks... Thanks in advance XXX
 
Are you on an upright or recumbent ? Maybe the seat is too close to the pedals? You might want to slide it back to try.
I started by gently rocking back and forth for about 5 minutes 2 times a day and one day I made a full rotation!!
Best to you!!!
 
on an upright maggie may..I have the seat as high as it will go...I am going to do it morning and night then for now......thanks for that ! :flwrysmile:
 
of all the things... I missed walking my doggy Winston the most after my op, and I am so happy I can finally walk him again now every day..yah !! I may not have much of a bend but I can walk my doggy !! :puppysmooze: :happydance: .. here is a photo of us about to go walkies and one of him with his bosom buddy..one of our chooks Alice.
[Bonesmart.org] so glad that is over !
[Bonesmart.org] so glad that is over !
 
You and Winston and Alice look lovely!!! So glad you are able to take walks!!! :puppysmooze: :puppysmooze:
 
That is an amazing photo of Winston who seems very happy to be with Alice. Thanks for sharing.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
*news flash* ..for the first time ever I was able to do a full rotation both forwards and backwards on the exercise bike tonight... my physio said to make sure I was sitting up really high so I put a folded blanket on the seat ....I was over the moon.....Yesterday we took our pooch Winston to a dog beach with our friends doggies and they had a blast.....I walked up and down the beach which gave my knee a great work out too ! here are a few photos for those off you who like looking at my photos.....hope you are all doing ok !! XXX
[Bonesmart.org] so glad that is over !
[Bonesmart.org] so glad that is over !
[Bonesmart.org] so glad that is over !
 
Hi Mrs Cricklewood ... how happy the dogs look flying along the beach. What a lovely time they are having. And walking on the beach???? How good is that. :yay: I think I would take 2 steps on the sand, it would shift and I would fall flat on my face at the moment.

I am about 6 weeks behind you, so will now hope that in 6 weeks I can once again walk my dogs :puppysmooze:. They truly miss our walks together. My ex-husband does walk them sometimes, but we used to go out for 90-minute to 2 hour walks and I would take them to the nearby river and they would swim (well, Kimbo would swim. Mikki will only paddle - she won't go where she can't touch the bottom). My ex walks them to the local dog park.

AND doing a full rotation on the bike .... :happydance: :dancy: congratulations. You must have been very pleased and proud of yourself.

Take Care Mrs C and enjoy many more walks on the doggy beach with Winston.

Ellen :flwrysmile:
 
I love Winston - he makes my heart feel warm! Thank you for the pics.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
thanks NetballKnees and Jozilla..yes I am over the moon that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...not being able to walk Winston was doing my head in as I really looked forwards to our daily walks....I got really fed up for the first weeks because I couldn't do anything and would think will I ever be able to walk him again ! To be able to walk him finally has now made me happier than if you wrote out a cheque for a million dollars ! So hang in there I am sure it won't be long and you will be out there walking your precious pooches ! I went on the bike again today and was able to do the same....I only do it really slowly as I know if I go too crazy I will pay the price with a sore swollen knee the next day...I have just started taking tumeric capsules as well to help with the swelling...it is alot better anyway after my course of tablets from my doctors and my physio said that my knee is looking alot less swollen lately which is great, but it does still feel really hot to touch and he said make sure you ice your knee when ever you get the chance....which is exactly what I am doing right now ! Hope you are all doing well..take care XXXX
 
hi everyone....well I am just over 3 months and I don't know if I have been overdoing the bike but my knee has been really stiff and swollen and hot the last few days....some days I could do a full rotation on the bike .other days I couldn't ..but I only spent about 15 minutes on the bike..that wouldn't be too much would it ? I am taking my tumeric capsules religiously but the last few days I don't seem to be able to bend my knee as much when I walk..haven't been on the bike or doing much of my bending exercises hoping my knee might settle down abit...I only have one more session seeing my physio ..I was at 68% bend and he said one more visit and then I am on my own..........We are going camping in the middle of the bush for a few nights next week so I will be doing lots of bushwalking....can't wait ! I bought a fold up walking cane to carry with me just incase ! Well hope you are all doing well with your knees. take care..a few pics of Winston to carry on with !
[Bonesmart.org] so glad that is over !
[Bonesmart.org] so glad that is over !
[Bonesmart.org] so glad that is over !
 
well I had my last physio session the other day....he measured me at 75% and just said Look ideally we would have liked more of a bend but now it is time to go home and get on with your life....keep doing the knee bending exercises whenever you can and hopefully it will improve...he wasn't particularly worried about it....( though I am sure my surgeon would not be too happy ! )
I was so lucky to have him as my physio after reading some of the horror stories on here of physios forcing and bending knees..sometimes just reading the posts I have had tears in my eyes just imagining the pain.......I am walking quite well , went for a few hour or so bushwalks up and down hills while camping last week, and I managed them fine, without using a cane or anything to steady myself...and I am doing as much walking of my doggy as possible.....On the exercise bike sometimes I can do full rotations..other times I can't..I am just going to go with the flow at this stage...Everynight though, when I go to bed to watch tv or dvds for a few hours, I elevate and ice my knee as it is still hot to touch and abit swollen, though I started taking tumeric capsules a few weeks ago for that...
So that's it for now ! Hope you are all doing well...here a few pics taken the last few days of me and my pooch Winston .........
[Bonesmart.org] so glad that is over !
[Bonesmart.org] so glad that is over !
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] so glad that is over !
    024X.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 165
  • [Bonesmart.org] so glad that is over !
    008 (5)X.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 167
I joined a facebook group a while back for knee replacements...but alot of the answers to peoples questions is yes it is going to hurt, you have to push yourself till you scream etc etc.. I cringe reading some of the answers but then I noticed this post ......."There is a non-Facebook knee replacement forum on the internet run supposedly by a UK nurse that actually advocates gentle PT and encourages TKR patients to take it easy during any PT because the body will heal itself. I think it attracts people who don't want any pain and expect a miracle recovery, which is why I left that group." I gladly admit I do not like pain !! :D
 
[Bonesmart.org] so glad that is over !
Hope you and yours have had a wonderful Christmas holiday with lots of family fellowship and sharing of gifts and lots of good food to eat.


I’ll be looking for you at the BoneSmart annual New Year’s Party. It’s been a very eventful year for most of us---and will be a very eventful year coming up for others of us looking forward to surgery in the new year.


Remember to bring food and drink to share---and pictures are always appreciated and loads of fun to share.


SEE YOU AT THE PARTY!!!!!
[Bonesmart.org] so glad that is over !
bottomshollow
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom