Guest viewing is limited

TKR So Far So Good

Excellent report!!! :yay: Isn't it good to know that the Bonesmart approach really works! :yes: Seriously Amab, I had my doubts in the beginning with my first knee. Since we're basically all communicating and believing in this approach sight unseen. It's contrary to what most of us hear and are instructed elsewhere. I am having such a a good recovery with my second knee. Starting out nice and easy from the beginning and it's paying off. My P/T seems like she was ripped off the pages of this forum as PROOF Bonesmart is the way to go.

I am glad things are Roll Tiding along for you buddy. :friends:
 
Great progress report Amab,
Hope you enjoyed that first shower. Bliss.
Your numbers sound very good for this early. Take it gently and rest and ice.
It's a lovely feeling to know that both knees are done.
I am glad the staple removal wasn't a problem. I didn't have that either time as I had resorbable sutures.
You posted a while back about bleeding into your knee and being taken off rivaroxaban. Did you have it for both surgeries?
Have a good day,
Toothfairy x
 
Toothfairy......thank you!

With my LTKR I was rxd Lovenox......I did self injections for 14 days (as I recall). I did not have any difficulties with the Lovenox. Unlike the meds rxd this time around. My ORS was frustrated, said he'd made the change based on recent studies and feedback from his peers who do many TKRs.

I guess I was just one of those unlucky ones with the suspected bleeding side effects. While the joint is still very swollen, it's not as intense as it was when he took me off the meds.
 
:gaah: .......duh, twice yesterday I started down the stairs the "normal" way..... My knee sent me a very firm message both times..."you dummy what are you think you are doing???!! Pay attention!!!!"

Message was received loud and clear"..........OUCH!
 
3 weeks post surgery today. I believe progress has been positive thus far. Flexion in my right knee already matches my "February Knee".....now that means one of two things.....that's great progress....or only so so progress since the flexion in my February Knee may not be all that great. Selfishly I take the great progress.... :)

Sleeping pretty well at night, up usually only once; down to 2 nucyntas a day.....one at bed time and one during the night. Tylenol is sufficient during the day time. I hope to scale back on the bedtime meds in a few days.

My first official PT session is this coming Thursday. Look forward to that to get a current measurement on my flexion. Hoping to start puttering around in the yard. My sons have mowed the lawn twice for us. I actually ran the blower yesterday to blow off the clippings from the walkway and leaves from our deck and patio.

Days are boring just as the last time....looking forward to more activity each day in addition to my routine exercises. We did get out and about several times over the weekend. Did fine each time but tired by the time we got back home.

All in all kinda "boring" around here, but no real setbacks is a big plus and I'll take that!!!!

Best to all!
 
Fantastic report. :SUNsmile::flwrysmile:
 
Oops!!! Overdid it a bit today......too much time on my feet today while outside and that walk was just a little too long. My knee has reminded me who is in charge.....swelling is up tonight .....ouch!

Elevated and icing at this very moment.,will take it easier tomorrow. Oh we'll....live and learn!!!
 
It seems that this is the only way we learn to listen to our knees and be aware of what is over doing- nothing like experience to teach us. Now you know what the price is for over eagerness. I think most of us have done this at least once or twice or .....:)
 
oh yeah I can so relate to your post, after me trying to be a hero and do some vacuuming the other day ! I learnt the hard way too.. never again !! :gaah::headbang:
 
First PT session today. With one of the PTs I worked with in February. Good results, flex ion was at 110 and extension was quite good. No number to report on that.

My ORS also stopped by to chat and check to see how things are going in view of the bleeding/ swelling shortly after surgery. Nice visit and he was quite pleased with my progress and his good work..... :)

My wife went along....although I'm now driving. We enjoyed a nice coffee, outdoors....weather is super! Some light shopping and a visit to a local bike shop to look at some cold weather cycling bibs and stuff. She found some nice bargains...... :heehee: a nice lunch outdoors until the damn gnats showed up. All in all a very good day!

I will supplement my current exercises with light ankle weights and pedaling on a bike that's set up on an indoor training. I've been able to do full rotations!

Positive progress today!

Best to all!!
 
Amab so glad you are doing so GREAT! I mean really you need to do a commercial for your surgeon :). So so happy things are going so well! You and Toothfairy have been on my mind but I have literally been working like a dog and haven't had time to check on either one of you. I cannot believe your ROM .... so amazing!! I am lucky to get to 105/110 8 months later but then most of my life I never had more than 115. TAKE CARE!!
 
Hi amab,

Sounds like you are doing great. Keep up the good work!!! Roll Tide Roll!!!
[Bonesmart.org] So Far So Good



Sent from my presidential platinum ODIC iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Reached the 4 week mark this past Tuesday and just back a few minutes ago from PT Session today.....was pleased with the flexion...123 degrees (up from 110 last week). Out of curiosity, we checked the flexion in my February knee....it was at 126. Actually, I was a bit surprised at the 126 for my left knee....glad it's improved to that. I never figured it'd improve that much....I suppose that's what 8 months of recovery illustrates!

All in all, a good session. Was happy with that especially since my September Knee woke me up early early today....September Knee was extremely "cranky" early this morning...."must be the weather"....:)

Best to All....and uh.....Roll Tide!!!
 
Oh boy! Dejavu all over again!!! Just when I think I'm in control my knee reminds me it's still in charge... :gaah: ..up since 3:00 am this morning...painful knee. Fortunately had about 4 good hours of sleep. Reading and ibuprofen didn't do the trick. So quit fighting it. Lesson learned....again!....ice better following pt.

Make it a great day!
 
Yes, those knees have a mind of their own and remind us when we forget. Like you, I had been sleeping fairly well till the other night when it was a 3hr night. I even tried my usual -television with unexciting TV shows but did not put me to sleep as it usually does. You know as I do that this too will pass. :flwrysmile: :sleep:
 
Good afternoon amab! I hope your knees are doing better today. Get some rest because our game will be on at 7PM tonight. Rest, ice and elevate! Roll Tide Roll!!!
 
Hey buddy, can I get your a copy of the new diet you're on. It's a bit extreme and I apparently found several of the pounds you lost.

Congratulations on your 4 week mark, actually a month now. My newborn was 1 month old yesterday. :yay: She's doing great. I start out patient therapy next week. Coincidentally, my 4 month old knee gained ROM too with time and the gentle assistance of my new in-home p/t.

I'm not looking forward to my out-patient next week. I think I ticked him off when I called and asked if he used the "Manua"l approach to therapy. :umm:You know how you men are... don't wanna have your expertise questioned. lol Even my 17 yr old son said, "Don't question the man about his practice." :skep: Um, it's my knee and unless you want to wait on me after a setback, you better be glad I'm asking! :hissy:

I had him with my first knee and we had one incident where he went "Gangnam style" on me. :groan: It was nothing like the dance either. :skep: lol He will need to dial that WAY back if I am to be his patient. Not putting up with it this time. :no-fin:

I see your boys Rolled Tide all over the other team today... It ought to be illegal! :rotfl:

Have a kneeeasy night, plenty of this :zzz: None of this. :mcoffee:
 
Back
Top Bottom