TKR So Far So Good

Bionic woman2.......Roll Tide!!

Good Luck with your op therapy next week.....!

Today was a better day than yesterday for me.....great night of sleep was most helpful. Hoping for the same tonight......
 
Wow you have GREAT rom! As always keep up the good work! So happy this new knee is proceeding along just like your other one. Take care Amaab you have been in my thoughts!
 
Quick update from my follow up with my ORS.......great news! He has released me and told me I am free to do what I want to do and can tolerate! Flexion improved to 131 degrees! He and the therapists were quite pleased. Fortunately I've made quicker progress with my RTKR than I did with my February LTKR....

Now, the adrenaline from the visit has worn off and following a few errands ....my knee told me "sit down dummy"...... I see the knee still rules! :)

I am making notes in my mind for a future post on what I have learned from my TKRs adventure this year and will posts my comments in a few days.....

Best to all!
 
Great report!!! And I like it that you still remember that your knee is boss......:heehee:
 
Awesome report amab! You are doing great! Listen to your knee. It is the BOSS!

[Bonesmart.org] So Far So Good
 
131 degrees a month later ............absolutely incredible. Happy things went well for you. Been thinking of you lately. Take care! Your surgeon should hire you for a commercial :).
 
Hi Amab,
Great progress with both knees.
Like you I am now getting on with my life. Back to work next week.
My knees still do remind me when it's time to cut back. It pays to listen. :yes:
Glad you are doing so well,
Hugs,
Toothfairy x :)
 
SadKnee, Toothfairy....many thanks for your kind words! Progress continues, stiffness is still a challenge if I stay in one spot too long, and still a bit of swelling....more so when I'm more active. The fall leaves have kept me very busy and my knee is tired by the end of my day. One more session in the yard should do it!..... :) . I'm still making a list of things I've learned with my 2 TKRs in 2013.... Will list that sometime soon.


Toothfairy....good luck to you as you return to work!

SadKnee.....how's work? Did you get back to the business side you were hoping for?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Roll Tide!!!!!!
 
referee54........son in law is an avid OSU fan and our daughter is an OSU College of Pharmacy Grad.......they'll be glued to the tv tomorrow for the OSU game......I did send him a txt due to the Gov's proclamation about M as you mentioned....the text was simply "MMMM"....I haven't heard back from him......"yet"..... :)

Good luck to your team tomorrow!!!
 
Today marks 3 months post op for my RTKR!! All in all going pretty well. Have been slowly getting back into my regular exercise routine although the 5 days straight of Treadmill walking and Elliptical work last week left me sore over the weekend. I "rested" from those activities but mother nature presented me with a different challenge....7.5 inches of snow to clear from the drive and walks!!! Even with the use of my snow blower, a lot of the snow had to be moved by shovel....especially the end of the drive following the plow coming through! :snow dig:
Anyway, with the exercises and snow removal, I was sore in areas that's not been used a lot as I've rehabbed :)....my knee did "ok"....some stiffness due to the cold tempd and slight swelling.

Got back to my treadmill yesterday for a couple of miles of brisk walking....my knee was not happy with me last night; had to do some icing and elevating to handle the discomfort (as I point out below...the Knee is In Charge!). Better today and my elliptical session this morning went well.

During the fall I was able to take care of all of the leaves and other projects; I guess that's what delayed my getting back to my regular exercise routine. Also our trip back south for Thanksgiving affected the exercise schedule. I was able to get some walks in while there. Rather than driving straight through 10+ hours we broke up our drive to about 5 hours each way to avoid aggravating the knee. Pleasant relaxing drive and trip!!

My LTKR knee is now 10 months out. Really seems to be doing quite well....only occasional discomfort; cold weather creates some stiffness. I look forward to my right knee catching up to the left one.

Had intended to list some things I've learned during the TKR's of 2013....and I still do. But one thing I have and continue to learn is the Knee(s) is in charge!!! They'll both remind me of who's the boss if I don't pay attention.

Merry Christmas to all!! :xmas-merry:
 
Thank you Amab for the Christmas wishes, merry Christmas to you and yours and very best wishes for 2014, hope its a healthy and happy year for you and your lovely new knees.
Sounds like you are doing brilliantly.
Hugs, :xmas-tree:
Toothfairy x :xmas-merry::santa:
 
Hi Amab!

Merry Christmas! I had been thinking of you and Toothfairy :)!! For some reason I did not see your other postings. I am glad you are doing well!

Good luck with that snow! If anyone can tackle it I know it would be you. It doesn't even seem like Christmas here in California as it was in the high 70s today and very sunny! We are having a lazy Christmas as hubby has a bad flu.

My knee was doing great but something happened in my weekly PT session last week that caused me quite a bit of pain since then. I even had to take a pain pill in so MANY months. Really strange.

Take care and keep in touch! Always great to hear from you.
 
[Bonesmart.org] So Far So Good
Hope you and yours have had a wonderful Christmas holiday with lots of family fellowship and sharing of gifts and lots of good food to eat.


I’ll be looking for you at the BoneSmart annual New Year’s Party. It’s been a very eventful year for most of us---and will be a very eventful year coming up for others of us looking forward to surgery in the new year.


Remember to bring food and drink to share---and pictures are always appreciated and loads of fun to share.


SEE YOU AT THE PARTY!!!!!
[Bonesmart.org] So Far So Good
bottomshollow
 
@SadKnee ....Hello!!!

Wow....just realized I joined Bone Smart exactly 1 year ago today!!!! Hard to believe all that's transpired in the past 12 months.....amazing! And I'm closing in on my first anniversary for my new left knee. Crazy how time flies. I am so glad I found this site; I've recommended to many others; so much positive info and commonality among the "TKR Club"!!!!!

My knees are doing pretty good. Obviously my left knee is much further along. My last rom measurement for it was in the 126 range. That'll probably be it for the left. My right knee continues to improve. Rom was at 131 on my last ORS visit. The right knee still gets " grumpy" as it is today. I'm trying to up my exercise routine. I suspect that has something to do with the soreness today.

We rejoined a local health club and have made a couple of trips despite the frigid, snowy, weather. I made a return to the pool yesterday for the first time in ages. A friend is helping me with my swimming techniques so I can be more efficient in the water. My old body is reminding me of yesterday's pool time......:loll:. He'll coach me for a few more sessions. He's in a Masters Swimming program. Our daughter was a competitive swimmer (HS & College); she wanted me to get the coaching since she's not here locally to do the instructions. So with the with the weight machines, elliptical, treadmill, and pool time this week my legs are sore but that will pass.

I will post a note on 2/5..... My LTKR anniversary!!!!

Best to all!
 
Today is the 1 year anniversary of my LTKR!! Up early this am as in the initial days of recovery.....was it due to the fact I knew it was a year today.....or, checking in how much snow winter storm "Nika" has deposited on the drive and walk????? :snow plough: :heehee:

It is amazing how quickly this year has passed, despite challenging days and first few weeks at the start of my recovery! My left knee is so much more improved! It reminds me only on rare occasions now....perhaps if I over do, or if I forget and "test" the ROM will it speak up! I do have to admit the super cold weather does cause it to stiffen, especially after clearing snow or being out and about in it for an extended time. But hey, all my old joints respond that way when it's sooooo cold!!

Got back to the gym and pool to get back in shape and strengthen those muscles in both legs. My RTKR is just over 4 months out and that knee still reminds me who is in charge. I guess what I've learned most thru both TKRs is the knee(s) is or are the "boss" and a bit more patience......:heehee:

I'm rambling.......my point is to all who are early in your recovery, or in the preop days....the process works! It is worthwhile! Improvement is achieved! And BoneSmart provides great advice as well as support!!! Just be patient.....

Have a great day!!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom