TKR So Far So Good

Amab a 26 mile bike ride? I don't know if that is awesome or crazy :). Glad you made it and lived to tell about it. I will be thinking of you and saying a prayer for you on the 17th. Take care!
 
Good luck on Tues. Looking forward to hear re your recovery as I did my knees 7m apart. I did well with the first but not like you with a 26m bike ride- the most I did was 9 miles a couple of times. 26m is awesome and something I hope I can do next summer.

Will look for you on the other side.
 
SadKnee, leejaa, many thanks!

Surgery set for mid morning or so tomorrow. I'm 3rd on my ORS schedule in the am. Talked with him a bit this am....he remarked that I know the "drill"..... which I do..... :) .....ready to get this behind me. I also talked with a couple of the physical therapists.....said they look forward to working with me again. They are good at what they do!

Have spent the day wrapping up last minute yard work since fall is just around the corner. So, not much more to say or do at the moment. Curious to see how this compares to my first TKR last Feb. will post once I'm "coherent"........ :heehee:
 
amab Thinking of you today and hoping/knowing you are going to have a great surgery! Good luck and post when you are able! Sending prayers and good tidings and happy thoughts your way today! GOOD LUCK!!
 
Hello Amab,
Hope everything is going well with your surgery today. It may even be all over by now.
Wishing you a smooth and speedy recovery from knee 2.
Looking forward to your first post op post,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :flwrysmile:
 
Hello all!

Surgery went well. Minimal pain at the present. Was a little uncomfortable earlier but several presses of the pain pump resolved that.....so, I suppose it's "So Far So Good 2.0".......now if I can avoid being catherized I'll be much happier......also hoping the meds to prevent nausea do the trick...kinda feeling a little sick to my stomach though. Yuck!

My wife has been here as we'll as my 2 sons at various times. Oh, I lucked out and was bumped up to the second surgery, meaning a bit earlier finish.

"Slow" at posting.....so I'll sign off for now. Appreciate all the well wishes!,,,,.
 
Welcome to the other side.
 
Hi Amab
all over and done now it's time to reflefct on all those hard earned lessons from number one. I say that after reading TF's post after number two...seems it will be different for each one. However you were great at mastering all the tricky bits of recovery with number one so I'm praying number two is an easy ride for you.

rest easy my friend
Gami:friends::flwrysmile:
 
Amab so glad things went well! I was thinking of you all day and was relieved when I saw your post. You have now crossed over to the other side for knee replacements. Hang in there!
 
Welcome back to the other side, amab! Glad to hear you are doing well. I hope the anti-nausea meds kick in for you, too! You are fortunate to have a good family who will support you. Keep us posted on your recovery when you can.

Take care!:flwrysmile:
 
Congratulations on being the proud owner of two new knees.
Take it gently and relax,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :SUNsmile:
 
Happy knee #2! I hope the anti-nausea meds are working for you now.
 
Hello all....must be user error, I've had to start this post 3-4 times now. So a quick update.

My nausea was resolved late afternoon yesterday; have seen my Drs...they are pleased, all ivs have been disconnected and that damned Foley cath is out!!!!!! My wife is here now which is so very helpful!

Ok night last in terms of sleep-short period of time, as usual getting comfortable is a bit of a challenge; my bandage is off and changed....a photo below....best to all......And ROLL TIDE !!!!!!
 
Oops.....here's the photo of knee 24 hours post surgery......no luck in getting it uploaded. Will try again soon.
 
Glad things are going well for you.
 
Ok night last night. PT has been by; as has my surgeon ; practiced the stairs successfuly. I'm to be discharged within the hour.

Staff here has been great! In fact we ....uh...more accurately my wife bought cookies as a treat for them as a small appreciation for their attention to detail.

Now on to the hard work of rehab keeping in mind all of the advice and guidance from this site!

Later!!!!!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom