Guest viewing is limited

TKR Snoots recovery thread<

Oh snoots how awful for you but at least you are in the right place to get sorted out.
On the plus side your knee is doing well.
 
You poor thing. At least you're being sorted out now and a silver lining regarding the knee. Get well soon.
 
:console2:I hope things settle down for you now.
 
@snoots So sorry to hear of your setback... :sigh:

Sending you some positive vibes from across the Atlantic... :hugzz:

Hope you feel better soon!...
 
These opioides are just not worth it!! So sorry they've led to this. Hope you feel much better very soon.
 
Oh gosh. You poor thing. I hope you are feeling better soon.
 
I'm sorry you had to go back to hospital because of the vomiting and dehydration.
I hope you soon start to feel better.

The problem is not the opioids themselves, but the mismanagement of them. That's not your fault.
You shouldn't have been discharged from hospital until you were on a medication regime that controlled your pain without making you sick.
 
Thank you all xxx.

Main issue was conflicting messages from 3 different GPs alongside my OS left me floundering at home trying to control pain whilst managing nausea.

Paracetamol seems to be enough now and today I’ve managed to settle at home with fluids slow and steady.

X
 
I'm glad you're now home and feeling better.
 
I’m pleased you are home. Take it gently now.
 
Let's hope this marks a turn around for you. Wishing you all the best
 
[Bonesmart.org] Snoots recovery thread<
[Bonesmart.org] Snoots recovery thread<
So almost at Week 4 and it has been some journey. Week 1 drug haze, week 2 euphoria, week 3 hell and now onto week 4.

My knee has progressed so well and with the help of my ice machine and my Compex TENS, knee is looking less swollen than pre surgery.

My recovery has been severely hampered by a debilitating week of tonsillitis. I am never ill and I am convinced my body is so focused on healing my knee, everything else is being neglected. My skin and hair have never looked worse!!
 
Last edited:
Well, I'm glad the knee is doing ok, but having tonsillitis is no joke, especially after all you've been through. I hope things improve soon. After I had major surgery 10 years ago, the hospital recommended taking sustained release Zinc with vitamin C to promote healing and boost my immune system. I don't know whether it did do anything, but all the time I was taking it I never came down with as much as a cold, so I've been taking it again this time.
 
@snoots
I think that the op and all those meds bring us really low. My hair and nails look terrible but there isn't much that can be done about it for the time being. My skin is being shed all over the bed, it looks like its been snowing. I think we just need to ride the storm.
 
Is it ok to be taking Tramadol before bedtime but just paracetamol during the day? I find I have very little pain during the day (as I’m icing and elevating) but pain ramps up as I get ready for bed.
 
I'm sure it is. What does the prescription say though? It's good that paracetamol does the trick during the day. I managed fine on paracetamol only after my last TKR.
 
My prescription was Tramadol three times a day but I honestly don’t need that much so have cut it down to paracetamol 1000mg every four hours during the day and a Tramadol and paracetamol 1000mg before bed.
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom