MUA Sleeping on my side, 5 weeks post TKR

@westiemom , glad your knee isn’t too painful today. My knee is ok but my back is sore! I shoveled the deck and as reaching down and wham, pulled something in my lower back. So the couch for me with a heating pad and some kitties. I think I’m back in the ODIC. My sweet son finished the shoveling and fond us some leftover Christmas cookies in the freezer, those should help my back. Keep plugging, it’s got to get better soon. I love to read, too reading a series by Jojo Moyes set in the UK. I’m half English and spent a summer in the UK as a teen, love reading about the UK and Ireland. Thinking about building a fire in the fireplace, but the couch here is low and hard to get up from. Stay warm and look for those up spirals. I’m going to watch the Lawrence Welk show on PBS, used to watch it Sat nites at my grandparents cuz they had a color tv. My grandpa would make waffles, good times!
 
Does anyone else have trouble remembering what day of the week it is? Seems like all my days run together, especially when I have no appointments to leave for.
For fun ladies -

Everyday feels like a long weekend...except without the fun part. :wink:

Yesterday felt like Friday, today feels like Wednesday, and I'm pretty sure tomorrow is Monday again :shrug:

I'm on a strict seven day schedule of "what the heck day is it today?!' :heehee:

I only know it's Sunday because that's the day the big newspaper comes"

If it's not written on my coffee cup, I'll never know what day it is.

Is it Monday? Friday? Blurday? I've lost all sense of time.


Tomorrow is Sunday and I hope each of you have a beautiful day!
 
@westiemom this is a great post and sounds like you’ve definitely caught on a few of the up spirals. I love reading too. I’ve read lots of Uk and US based procedural detective books too. I find it really takes your mind off focusing solely on your knee pain and other related topics. X
 
@beralc Was only thinking about you earlier. In all honesty, absolutely horrible day. Started off with having 2 hours sleep last night, back playing up, tail bone pain awful and not forgetting my best friend, knee! Anyway, just been on the biggest downer, do not want to be in this situation. Want the knee to totally bend, now so I can have my life back. Tears of frustration have been plenty today and just felt so tired and weak. Thank goodness for my hubby, patience of a saint. Bless him. Couple hours ago I took a propranolol 10mg, have them as safety net for good old anxiety and feel calmer and less shaky. I need to get a grip, pull my big girl pants up, seeing surgeon tomorrow, oh joy.
And, how are you doing, hope you are feeling OK and coping. I have done plenty heel slides today, all done in temper of course. Elevating at moment with ice as sat at dining room table too long, actually half hour and knee doesn't like. Weather here been rain and winds, not going out weather. Wish you well x and thank you for being there x
 
Sorry to read you are struggling emotionally, @Andypandy. My heart goes out to you. I went through the same thing at just about the same point in my recovery.

It's really common. Not sure if we've shared this article with you before, but if so, consider this a reminder:
Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it

Sending hugs :console2:
 
@beralc Was only thinking about you earlier. In all honesty, absolutely horrible day. Started off with having 2 hours sleep last night, back playing up, tail bone pain awful and not forgetting my best friend, knee! Anyway, just been on the biggest downer, do not want to be in this situation. Want the knee to totally bend, now so I can have my life back. Tears of frustration have been plenty today and just felt so tired and weak. Thank goodness for my hubby, patience of a saint. Bless him. Couple hours ago I took a propranolol 10mg, have them as safety net for good old anxiety and feel calmer and less shaky. I need to get a grip, pull my big girl pants up, seeing surgeon tomorrow, oh joy.
And, how are you doing, hope you are feeling OK and coping. I have done plenty heel slides today, all done in temper of course. Elevating at moment with ice as sat at dining room table too long, actually half hour and knee doesn't like. Weather here been rain and winds, not going out weather. Wish you well x and thank you for being there x
Ah it’s rotten isn’t it. Yesterday when I was in a lot of pain my daughters asked me for an update and having told them how much pain I was in, I said I only want sympathy today. Sometimes it’s just nice to feel someone feels for you and that’s all you need in that moment, because you know all the pep talk stuff and you know that you’ll get back to where you were mentally and you know this isn’t a permanent state of affairs and you probably also know you’re going to make it and you’re capable of coping, so I’m not going to say any of that, I’m just going to send you my understanding my empathy and acknowledgement of your situation and send the biggest virtual hug possible in the knowledge you will be ok ❤️

Yes rotten weather here in the South West UK too.
 
@Andypandy

So sorry to read that you're having a terrible, awful, horrible day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. On my really bad days, I sometimes think it can't get any worse (but sometimes manages to get worse).:gaah:

i think the lousy weather doesn't help us at all either. We had a grey gloomy day today with temps barely above freezing. Do have a fire going, which helps my mood. Plus 5 dogs laying next to me.

Painless hugs for you :friends: And hoping for a better night of sleep for you.:sleep: Unfortunately, we all know how you're feeling today and sympathize with you on this down day.
 
@beralc Bless you, that's what friends are for, feels like we are all good friends on here. Such beautiful, kind and understanding thoughts, means a great deal. You're right, we do cope, you alone are a perfect example of what you have to deal with. I had breast cancer 9 years ago and so many remarked how well I had coped, we have to don't we, I always put it that there was 2 roads, 1 unsure what was lingering and the 2nd one , that was where the ice cream van appeared. I chose the 2nd road. So, let's stop off and treat ourselves to a 99. Thank you for being there x
 
@Oldped

So how are you doing today? I just started the 10th book in a series of 15. Thank heavens I like to read, as TV is such junk. We live so rural we have to have satellite internet and TV so we can't even stream things. I wish streaming companies would realize that a lot of people live with very very slow internet and can't stream their shows.

My knee is still a little swollen and painful from my dog slamming it to the floor. Mostly just reclined and iced today. No laundry done, no dog grooming, not even cooking. We are just having a frozen meal tonite.

I actually had the best night of sleep since my surgery!:zzz: I couldn't fall asleep at first but moved to a different recliner (a manual) one that reclines almost totally flat. I couldn't use that recliner before because my leg wasn't strong enough to push the footstool down on my own.
 
Sometimes it’s just nice to feel someone feels for you and that’s all you need in that moment
I know exactly what you mean. Many times people want to fix something that's unfixable at the time, and that just makes all involved feel worse. If our loved ones and friends just gave us their shoulders for a little while, it would be a huge help. This surgery is physical, mental, and emotional.
 
@westiemom thank you my lovely, when you get a day like this you can't see the end. So frustrating to be in the situation, I didn't want this but then how else do you get a new knee. If I could just get comfortable, want to put myself in positions that aren't possible at the moment. It is a slog, no other word for it and we have to find the strength and determination to carry on. Just really hard when you feel down. Stay warm and be very careful if you go out. Thank you again for being there x
 
To all my knee friends @westiemom , @Andypandy , @beralc , hope you’re having some ups spirals, I’m on the couch been watching basketball, now football (US football) back a bit better , knee a little achy and ankle too. Walked laps on my deck this AM , temp a little warmer 23F, but windy. Maybe too much? I want the ice cream van, but what is a 99? Knee feels a little more stretchy today, a little easier walking. Watched the birds out my window, they cheer me up. Safe travels tomorrow Andypandy, hope the trip isn’t too comfortable. I’m trying to convince myself to go for a shop next week, we’ll see what the knee says!
 
@beralc Bless you, that's what friends are for, feels like we are all good friends on here. Such beautiful, kind and understanding thoughts, means a great deal. You're right, we do cope, you alone are a perfect example of what you have to deal with. I had breast cancer 9 years ago and so many remarked how well I had coped, we have to don't we, I always put it that there was 2 roads, 1 unsure what was lingering and the 2nd one , that was where the ice cream van appeared. I chose the 2nd road. So, let's stop off and treat ourselves to a 99. Thank you for being there x
Yes so many difficult things to manage and overcome and this is another one of those times and hopefully we’ll all @Andypandy @Oldped @westiemom and all the other people suffering but fighting, get through it and think it was all worth it ❤️
 
@Oldped thank you my fabulous friend. Pleased you had a walk but be very careful. I couldn't envisage any upspirals today, my mind didn't want me to think about good things. My hubby tells me I am progressing, sure I am but a flipping snails pace. I want to be normal, now. As I mentioned earlier, for me not being able to get comfortable is so hard. I have to be careful where, how I sit as I have a horrible back and so it goes on. Oh what a moaner, sorry. Just grateful that we are able to help one another, that speaks volumes. The ice cream van is just up the road, a 99 is a cornet with swirly ice cream and a chocolate flake. I am just off to buy one for you and @beralc @westiemom and everyone else . Enjoy x
 
? I want the ice cream van, but what is a 99?
@Oldped a 99 is an icecream cone made of wafer with beautiful whipped soft ice cream from an ice cream van with a topping of sauce raspberry for me and a chocolate flake. Absolutely lovely. The frozen editions are rubbish had to be from a proper ice cream van.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Sleeping on my side, 5 weeks post TKR
    IMG_1051.jpeg
    14.9 KB · Views: 20
@Andypandy I walk on my deck, the snow is all brushed off. The fresh air , birds and even the tree rats (squirrels) make me feel better. I am so used to being outdoors that being cooped up inside is hard. Cornet = cone??
 
Safe travels to the surgeon tomorrow. I hope you receive a smile and a nod of approval from him.
Let us know how it goes.
@Andypandy
 
Back
Top Bottom