MUA Sleeping on my side, 5 weeks post TKR

@beralc Well, got a bit "cocky" yesterday and went for a wander round Home Bargains. Hubby said, as usual, you're doing too much,but I insisted doing each aisle. Guess what??!!! Got to check out and oh wow, couldn't wait to get home and spent rest of day ice/elevate/film and feeling really annoyed. Did a couple of bends but the swelling was just a tad too much:oyvey:Not bad this morning, normal routine and will be more sensible next time. It's hard to judge what is too much, do you find that? Physio on Wednesday pm, she just checks on what I'm doing and have to say she has been very good. Patience is the boss here, but it does get rather annoying. Read your update last night and we'll done. I can manage up the stairs but haven't tried going down. Hope you have a good Sunday, weather is beautiful. Take care and let's hope we get to the next ice cream van xx
 
Good to hear from you. Well if things are generally moving forward that’s key and isn’t it great you felt ok enough to be cocky! I can’t imagine there’s anyone who has had this surgery and hasn’t overdone it at some point. I’m always guilty of that anyway even without surgery. You need to test things sometimes to see where you are too.
With coming down the stairs it just sort of happened I had no plans to do it my brain just sort of did it. I have to do it very slowly so as to make sure I keep to a good form while doing it, but it’s working.
Enjoy your Sunday and rest up x
 
Hi Andy Pandy,
It's been one month since your MUA. I hope you're making great progress and slowly getting back to all that you love. Have a wonderful week!
@Andypandy
 
@Layla thank you Layla, thought the other day to do a catch up. 4months tkr and 1 month Mua and so far all good. Regarding the mua, everything my surgeon explained to me has occurred. The swelling, which has been absolutely no different to the swelling before the mua has definitely been the nuisance. However, my flexion 100 on average, I am very pleased to say is there with no effort. Imagine when knee eventually calms down it will be better. Managing really good with housework although hubby is still helping and I'm being sensible. So good to get out, especially walks along the seafront. Ice, elevate, rest still on the agenda daily, way to go yet. So for me the dreaded mua was definitely the way forward and I can honestly say I have not experienced any horrendous pain etc. I have my follow up 21 April with my surgeon. Need to be ready by June 4th as my hubby is having his tkr :dancy: he is prepared for the journey. Xx
 
It sounds like you are getting along just fine and that the MUA was a success! Yay! Your husband can benefit from your experience after his TKR. Easy does it=a less painful recovery!
 
Thanks for the update, Andypandy! Great news that the MUA was the ticket for you.
Your OS will be pleased with the progress you've made by your appointment on the 21st.
I hope hubby has an uneventful surgery and smooth recovery in June. Time flies and he'll be in healing mode soon. Best wishes to both of you! :)
@Andypandy
 
@beralc thank you, still a way to go and as we are all aware, have to keep up with our routines. Pleased you are doing so well, as you said, couldn't see that light but it's all about patience. Have you had your final check with your surgeon? Take care and enjoy this beautiful weather xx
 
Three months to date since your MUA, Andypandy!
I hope you're doing well.
Have a great Summer 2025!
@Andypandy
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom