THR Sleeping on hip after week 3 THR

Status
Not open for further replies.
And i do like to type so forgive me if i go on and on it de stresses me ^^
 
Type away wondererr - that's what this site is all about. Sometimes we feel alone just because we don't know anyone else who has been through THR. BoneSmart was created just for that reason and sharing your recovery helps you and others who will follow you.
 
True true tired did almost half a mile walk with a crutch with PT I was suprized so was PT only my 3rd week going on 4 soon but I think I did way well.
 
Well, that's a sadness indeed, Michael, to lose your mom so young. My mom made it to 93, and I'm hoping I can do the same and beyond....actually I'm planning on a 3 digit number. These hips better last. :)

Remember that you employ the physical therapist....you decide if an exercise is too hard....if it is, they can modify the exercise so it's easier to do and/or lower the number of reps. Or skip it entirely and try again next time. And as Jaycey said, it's too soon to try to stretch out your pain meds like that. In a couple more weeks, you'll find you naturally forget to take it as often....that's the clue that you're ready to cut back.

Sharon
 
True thank you again you all are so awesome i do not know what I would have done without this site ahd your help all of you all I can say is thank God I was directed to this site, I feel so much getter and not alone ahy more knowing I have you all there to help me out and also as friends I do feel way better. :)
 
Ok I have a question on should I be worried about haveing tiny bit of slighty infected so called infected gums I was told I had some gingivitis and some plaque build up on a tooth. Last ywar I had my thr left side and didnt think about it nor did dentist seemed worried that I had a thr I went in for an abscess tooth that came out and then again in a month for a abscess gum that they cleaned out and gave me amoxicillin I am only asking cause I read as of 2012 OSOA and ADA said you didnt need to pre medicate and the chance of gum related infections to implants was .38% not even half of one percent, I want to have me teeth looked at but cant from what I read till 3 months, and I think one tooth is showing when I push on it supper pin head white fluid comes out but no pain no bleeding either so I am thinking its nothing but I will ask my os dec 13 if I should go on amoxicillin for 10 days to kill all mouth bacteria for a few months. Do any of you have any advise I have been flossing brushing and I mean after every meal and listorien also so I am wondering how can it be an infection if I brush after EVERY meal and floss and listorien, any advise will help.
 
Many of us are advised by our surgeons to take antibiotics prior to dental work. Some of us are told to do so forever. Some for two years. Some of us are told nothing. This is one of those areas where we each have to use our own best judgment, based on what kind of peace of mind we each need. The latest research suggests that taking the antibiotics prophylactically is not really doing any good.
Infection: peri-prosthetic infection - also known as late onset infection
Infection: Periprosthetic infection (Scientific Articles)

And yet...I have a routine teeth cleaning scheduled for Monday, and I'll be taking my antibiotic 1 hour ahead as usual. I can't quite convince myself not to.

However, Michael, if I understand correctly, you're concerned about an abscess that already exists, and wondering if you need a full 10 day round of antibiotics. That's quite a bit different from the single dose taken once. And you're just a month or so out from surgery, rather than a couple of years. So let me tag Josephine to comment on this one.

Sharon
 
Ok cool I am seejng the doc this morning at 9am its not an abscess no pain no redness no bleeding just seems when I push on it tiny tiny amount of like pin tip sized white something comes out with a slight yucky smell , I domt see how its an abscess if no pain no redness no bleeding only some tarder build up there but will see I guess. :)
 
Went to OS today and he agreed with me to take some amoxicillin x3 a day for 10 days he sees no infection in my gum as for what he says he can see not being an dentist but seemed not worried at all but gave me meds just to safe till I see dentist in 2 months. Also good morning, afternoon, evening its some time somewhere ^^
 
Ohh and yes he did give me some pain meds not percs but vicodin not as strong to help me but to get me off the meds as I improve.
 
Thank you I didnt think j needed to do amoxicillin but j went to get some from os cause my gum seemed just a tiny bit reddish better safe than sorry till I can see the dentist in a month
 
Lol I found out today my left hip thr has no screw in it now my new thr right side has a screw into my pelvis I was like umm he said it was to keep me to have a even gate when I get better I said umm ok cool lol
 
Wondererr Glad you got the medicine for your gums, and I'm glad you are doing well with your THR. Don't let your PT push you into doing anything that hurts you.

Peace and love to you.
 
Thank you I am planing on going to see my PT on Wed to give myself a tiny break lol i am very sore from doing excerises and long walks both legs are sore tight and ankles need a break also just for a few days, I am going to do my reg workout but not do way over board stuff this weekend i'll do walks in the house reg work outs and leg lifts pumps and sorts but i am takeing a little break from 2 to 3 times a week grinding at me for 1 hour each day I need a few days to refresh. ^^
 
It's time for my pain med's I will take it after my Spicy Raman noodles with ham. ^^
 
:xmas-tree: :xmas-win: Just feeling better just wanted to share some joy as i am feeling now ^^
 
went to my job today i work for IKEA to say hi to my staff and man that was a LONG walk in IKEA I did the lower floor and took elevator up and got some lunch with my sweetie and took elevator back down and walked the whole bottom lvl again to get to the car I used my walker for i knew it was going to be a long walk. I was wondering why i was so sleepy and tired right now when in kicked in i did allot today as for PT with all the walking lol.
:presnt: :xmasdance:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom