THR Sleeping on hip after week 3 THR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohh Doc Looked at my Scar and said everthing looks great no infections and now tje real fun begines i have to go to Out PT x 2 a week let the pain begin J/K lol.
 
I am feeling better I can now lift my leg straight up in the air 30 times x 2 reps a day and also 30 leg lifts from the side 24 inches in the air 30 times x 2 reps a day feeling so proud of my self thats added to my other 12 exercises 20 x 2 reps a day so happy I am doing all that already and its not even 4 weeks yet, am I doing good or do you think I should push harder. :merry xmas:
 
As always I want to thank you all for your advise help and support.
 
Wondererr - do not push anything at this point. You will only suffer a setback. Do what you can and if you have any discomfort back off and start again later. Very early days for you and PT should never hurt!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Sleeping on hip after week 3 THR
100% with Jaycey! Do not, under any circumstances, push harder. Overdoing exercise can lead to tendonitis which is painful and takes a very long time to overcome. Slow and easy wins the race every time. Getting to the finish line with a pain free hip is the goal not getting there ahead of everyone else and in agony.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] Sleeping on hip after week 3 THR
 
...thought I would chime in, I'm 3 weeks post-op today and my recliner is my very best friend these past few weeks; although I did try my bed, couldn't get comfortable.....think I'll stay with the recliner for now; just started with using the cane these past few days as well, see my os this coming Wednesday, it will be my first follow up since the surgery, I don't have any staples, just thee li strips which were bonded with glue and the strips are starting to fall off and I feel the Lil surgical nylon stitches sticking out from my incision.....I wonder if the os will pull out these stitches.....any input?? PS , thank you for this forum, truly!!!!!!
 
Hi there @Wondererr, first time I have caught up with your recovery journey. I see that Judy provided you with some of the articles earlier, however, thought you might like these :)

The following is a link to an article which provides some approximate timeframes around the healing phases and processes (and relevant nutritional information) for you to read.

Healing Phases & Nutrition

This second link is to other nutritional articles which you may find interesting, including one relating to bone health.

Nutritional advice for pre op and recovery
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom