TKR Slainte's Big Adventure

Hope all is going well keep your chin up.
 
You're doing so well, get that toe sorted, book yourself a little break somewhere nice before your next TKR and keep on doing what you're doing!
 
@Raffs I am taking a page from your birthday celebration and booking a hotel over in Sarasota in late September . It is less than a 2 hour drive so should be ok. I am planning on non-walking activities like a short cruise and eating at some good restaurants. I love the Ringling museum there - the creators of the Ringling circus have a really cool circus museum and a fabulous mansion with loads of excellent art, but too much walking this time. I may do the Salvador Dali museum nearby. Lots of benches. We will see if it pans out, but fun to plan.

I scooted out for my lunch break just now and went to the grocery store to pick up some ingredients to make fish tacos tonight. Glad I bought stuff for sandwiches too, as that short jaunt flat wore me out, and I do not feel like cooking! Can't wait for 5 o'clock. The little man in my knee is a real clock watcher!
 
Take all the bowel meds they offer. They pumped me full of stool softness and laxatives in the hospital, but the pain meds won out and a week after getting home; it was defcon five. I had to try everything possible to get my bowel open. Sorry to be indelicate, but being horribly constipated from the meds is something to be avoided.
 
Lovely. Weather should have cooled off a bit by then too, yes? Hope the little man is being less of a jobs-worth today.
 
Thanks, @Braunzie . Weeding from a chair is the plan for the morning, and one of my fantasy football teams drafts at noon. In fact, I stole my FF avatar for bonesmart - my team is the Screaming Iguanas. Always fun.

I see my OS early Monday and hope he will know if my insurance approved knee number 2 for Oct. 1. Plan to ask him how he feels about me still taking a 5 mg percocet to sleep at night. I am not sure if my thigh only hurts at night, or if I am only quiet enough at night for it to bother me.

I should get a release from staying off my feet from my podiatrist on Tuesday, and am planning on starting to go to the gym with my son and husband. Would like to do a little upper body work.

Enjoy helping your daughter get settled in. And no joining the ODIC! Looking forward to hearing how it goes.
 
I had my second post-op appointment with my OS today, at 7 1/2 weeks out. He walked in the exam room and asked me how the knee was. When I told him it was my favorite body part, he burst out laughing. But I am serious!

I asked him if he thought there would be any problem getting my insurance company to approve having my less troublesome left knee replaced, and he thought not. He said that Medicare and Tricare are the ones that throw up roadblocks, but private insurance usually just says yes. Hope he is right. That is scheduled to happen 4 weeks from Thursday.:scare:

He also said not to worry that I still take a 5 mg percocet to help me sleep, and gave me a refill.

I told him that the PT told me that 130 is the limit for my implant, and wondered if that meant I won't get any more bend than that. He said he did not know why they said that, and the new knee's ROM is only limited by the soft tissue surrounding my knee. I loved hearing that. My sister had a TKR about ten years ago, and she can sit on her heels. I would love to do that.

So, all good. I am cane free now, and should get the back-on-my-feet again order from my podiatrist tomorrow afternoon. Will enjoy my 4 weeks of normalcy.
 
Oh I hate that comment about Tricare. We have Tricare Prime insurance and it's a bummer to hear that they are not easy to work with. Enjoy your relatively pleasant days of freedom before the next surgery!
 
@Slainte - You seem to be doing so well, and your OS sounds really great as well! Shine on, and best wishes for your 2nd TKR in a month.
 
For me, Tricare Prime has been just fine, but my primary care physician seemed to be waiting until I'd "filled all the squares" they require, because he knew from my 2011 x-rays that I would need this, but he waited until my knee locked up last December to recommend referring me to the OS. I'd tried all the preliminary stuff, and it made no difference. It's the VA that wouldn't talk to me. I have heard the secret to Tricare is to have someone in the office who knows how to file the paperwork. With what Tricare isn't paying my surgeon, I'm thinking he doesn't have someone who knows how to file the paperwork to get them paid. At least he has someone who can get the process approved!
 
Congrats on your great progress. My PT also stated 130 was my max bend, so glad to hear I might do better.
 
Good for you, Jo! Plus it'll be better for you because I'm sure you've met your deductible already.
 
@Josephine , I usually would not worry about something this minor, but I came down yesterday with a sore throat and a very runny nose. Took a 24 hr sudafed today, and helped dry me up a little. No fever, I think. Had my RTKR July 9. Am scheduled to get my LTKR October 1. Feel pretty lousy. Would this sort of thing affect my new knee? Or my new knee to be? And should I see my family practice doctor? As I say, normally I would just push fluids, rest, and wait to feel better. But these are not normal times.
 
Slainte, being lazy pays off. The glory of it. Glad your doc sounds so patient-friendly. Have fun walking about! :-)
 
Back
Top Bottom