@Jockette I hope I am in the right place this time.
I had my TLK Morning of March 31, 2022. I had thought the Anesthesiologist with my June 10th 2021 TRK replacement had told me she did not give me nerve block because of a enlarged Prostate so I insisted I did not want nerve block March 31, 2022.
Wow! When the freezing started out of my surgery knee, the pain came on gang busters.
Yes I could lift my surgery leg without help until the pain was not bearable.
Came home from the Hospital next morning.
Last surgery I did not have the black button. The nurses gave me meds and told me to push the black button if I was having pain. Anesthesiologist came into the room and said he was taking the Black button away.
Breakfast arrived, 2 bites of toast and up chucked. PT came for a short walk, upchucked, loaded in a stretcher for X-Rays and up chucked. I manage to catch it all in several urine bottles. They said it was from all the drugs in my stomach.
Got home, set up Ice machine and it did not work, and pad leaked. Knew better and should have checked prior. Borrowed a friends machine and it does not work either. So back to ice packs for now.
Pain is terrible, 2 Tylenol 3 every 4 hours.
Leg & Knee is really swollen and that could be from all the hammering, drilling and cutting bone.
Again I watch the full surgery and this knee different from my right knee. Surgeon had to change Type of part used on my Femur due to spacing. That meant more bone cutting. Lots of comments from the staff but Anesthesiologist did not say this time I could not take the bones home to my dog, lol.