Guest viewing is limited

THR Shrinkette Has Arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@shrinkette. Good news on your foot that you can move it..... So glad, there is progress.... A friend of mine had the
Foot drop and it reconciled itself with minimal PT over a matter of weeks post op. The cement leg is a reality which is quite disconcerting, like you it was my knee that was worse, could not flex from the knee without considerable pain, much worse than the hip. Mine is still stiff and tight and I'm having hydrotherapy, which helps considerably. Talking to the PT today he assured me all this is 'normal' to some, not to others but all gets back to some semblance of our own normal over the recovery period which he puts at a year!!!! I'm sure Ellen that in a few weeks this will all be in the past for you and you will be moving on. Thinking of you... Can see your lovely humour returning already.... Take care.... Chrissie xxxx
 
I wish I could come and sit a while with you
This is how I feel and seems a theme. What's your address? ;) hehe.
Just wanted to go on record of thanking you for a lot of very wise & often amusing advice & input.
That's very kind of you. Thanks!
hoping that each day brings better results than the day before.
This is the key, isn't it. And it seems, by the next quote from YOU below, that this is what's beginning to happen for you! Yay!
Very good sign @ today's PT was my ability to lift my toes up & keep them up. PT was extremely encouraged by this. Walked 35 steps on my numb foot. Blood count is now good as is BP. Will work later today on getting into bed, & also working the op leg to increase that front muscle strength which is where the weakness is. . Quads & glutes ar fine, I'm told.
This is the kind of news that I was hoping to hear from you. Positive steps, even if minor. Congratulations!
stay AHEAD of the pain
I heard this phrase from numerous nurses including two of them who are not involved in my care but are personal friends of mine. I always hesitate to offer medical advice, but I can say that this is a recurring theme among those 'in the know'.
Can see your lovely humour returning already
I agree and this is my favorite piece.

Best of luck, @shrinkette . We are ALL rooting for you.
 
@shrinkette sounds like you're turning a corner:) I'm so happy for you. I recall how hard it was to move my leg after the TKR 4 years ago. I had a long pink pashmina scarf/shawl that I used to move my leg on and off the bed-oh how I hated that pashmina when all was said and done even though it proved to be my "best friend". Think I'll dig it out for April:) Praying that each day just gets better and better for you.
 
Hi Ellen, Very happy to see that you have turned some kind of corner - there is hope after all, eh? I had forgotten about a neighbour who had had her hip replaced and when I went to see her about day six she told me it was the worse thing that had ever happened to her and she was very sorry she did it. Three months later she voluntarily went in to have her other hip replaced and now goes to the Legion dances again! As I said, I'm very happy that you are feeling better.
 
@shrinkette Ellen, so glad to see you posting more. You've sure had a time of it. I pray you've turned the corner and it's only onward and upward from here!

Everyone recovers differently. You are exactly where you need to be. Just don't overdo and healing will come. It's never as fast as we want, but you will get there!! They always say, slow and steady wins the race.

Keep up the good work. My cement leg is finally getting better, I had always read about it but never realized how true it is!! You will get there!!

Hugs and prayers of blessings to you sweet Ellen!
 
There's alot to be said for tortoises, as someone pointed out. You are sounding much better. Hoping it reflects how you feel. I went for post op check today and alls well. Maybe i'll post it on my thread tomorrow. My daughter in law reminded me that she visited me in the hospital the day after surgery, which i forgot. I guess those days were pretty much a blur. Wishing the same for you. And you will soon be lounging in your new recliner eating ice cream.
 
Hi Ellen, I'm fairly new here, but I've been following your progress and praying for you - and now I'm so glad to hear that you are doing better!!!! All the best to you and your husband.
 
Some of you may remember my telling you a couple of days ago that a CT scan looking for hematomas in my hip came upon a strange "spot" on my pancreas!! Since a scan is not the ideal way to examine such a spot in such a place, I had an MRI (which I really enjoyed, btw). Anyway, the results are in: Spot is nothing!! And, my pancreas was in the shape of a smile! A big relief! It was also another productive day, rehab-wise.
 
@shrinkette, such good news!! And why am I not surprised that at least one of your internal organs is in the shape of a smile!! The news just keeps getting better and better. We will be fine
 
Thank goodness for the pancreatic smile!
So happy for you that was 'nothing'. Yay!!!
:yay:
 
Of course your pancreas is in the shape of a smile!!!!!:snork:...Your one big Smiley...and yes you are no different & it's just a matter of time. They say its the ones who have a positive attitude who recover well. You certainly always sounded like a positive person to me. Its your recovery and you own it. Compare yourself to no one. Your unique and this is your recovery road. You'll get there maybe a little slower than you thought. When your in bed do some meditation, concentrate on good thoughts....like you have a new hip that will soon move with ease...Think of all that is good in your life,,,think with every hour that passes the surgery is behind you and you are getting better. :console2:
 
Another positive Ellen along your personal recovery journey - :)
 
@shrinkette Ellen, that's awesome news!! And I just love how upbeat you are! You are an inspiration to me and so many. Glad things are going better!! Hope today is another great day!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom