THR Shopping Trips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to drop by to say how much your posting help me. I'm not a shopper so I love to read your posts. In fact I thinking about going to start shopping just to get out. i need to get a car thats works first so I can start getting out more. When I go out on my first outing i will have a cup of tea and think of you. Please take care and keep posting. I do know you have good days and bad days but I do know that having mine done I got to meet wonderful people like you. Please stay safe with all the crazy weather out there. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:yes 4:

don't forget to make a video of the trendelenberg gait before it goes away.........

You know what Cardie I might think about psyching myself up to do that......I hated seeing myself walk pre op, and even though it's better now than it was I'm still not comfortable with it. Weird hey? The PT guy was going to get a mirror the other day so I could watch myself and I asked him not to! :scratch:

Been a glorious day here today - beautiful, clear blue sky and warm sunshine. Made me realise that my garden needs a tidy up!

Thanks to all of you who have posted with supportive encoraging words since my last post. I was really touched to log back in and see so much activity. Got to go and sort dinner out now but with catch up with you all later :biggrin:

Hi Lisa

Lovely to hear how well you are progressing... Life is returning to normal - fantastic isn't it... Keep it up gorgeous.

Lots of love and hugs xoxoxox

You know what Cardie I might think about psyching myself up to do that......I hated seeing myself walk pre op, and even though it's better now than it was I'm still not comfortable with it. Weird hey? The PT guy was going to get a mirror the other day so I could watch myself and I asked him not to! :scratch:

Me too. Over the years I developed the habit of lagging behind people so that they didn't see me walking. Crazy!

Keep clenching the glutes! It can all take a while, can't it?

Walking across an empty room - never good, even worse - having to walk across an empty dance floor at a wedding or similar when everyone is sitting around the edges!

And clench one, two, three.........:biggrin:

Yikes I would die if I had to walk across in that setting! Did you do well?

heheheh clench those muscles :)

Hi Sarah thanks for dropping by. Had a lovely Easter thanks. I've been off work for a couple of weeks, back next Monday. I've been catching up on 'household administration', de junking and recharging my batteries.

Had a couple of days in the beautiful Yorkshire dales with my family, bit of shopping in Harrogate. And had my mum to stay for a few days.......she's tidied my garden up and we've planted lots of new plants and lily bulbs.

Yesterday I test drove a car as my lease is up for renewal and I've put my order in. Exciting!!

On a THR progress point of view I'm plodding along.......slowly improving my glutes/gait with my low key exercises from my pt, the improved gait is putting strain on my sacroiliac joint so I'm seeing a chiropractor weekly. That is helping but is expensive.

My psoas problem is still not 100% fully recovered but is manageable. I have been able to resume cautious stationary cycling....think I should start to increase this to boost my weight loss...which is very slowly coming off but week by week is fluctuating.

All in all I'm keeping very busy!! Doing everything I did (plus more) pre op but pain free, and looking forward to my stamina improving as I gain strength and get fitter.....

Hoping to have some time in the next couple of days to read up on the forum and catch up with everyone. Hope you are keeping well?

Lisa xxx

Hi Lisa

Great to hear from you and that life is slowly returning to normal.

It amazes me how the stamina comes in bursts and then exhaustion.. It just takes time, but you are getting there that is the main thing.

Lots of love xx

Hey Lisa,

Holidays sound lovely! I feel the same way about being stronger and better than before the surgery. I'm sure the other areas will improve in time.

Congratulations on new car that's always exciting getting a new toy!

Love how your mum comes to visit and helps around, that's soooo sweet!

Have a good weekend.

xxooxx

Lisa,

Thanks for the "newsy" post. So good to hear from you and that you are doing well and everything is moving in the right direction.

If I may ask, what is a complex THR? I've seen it on several signatures and always wondered.

Great news, new wheels, that is always fun. I too have the sacroiliac thing going on and the chiropractor helps so much, he gave me a stretch to do that really helps when the area tightens up. I lay flat on my bed and reach/stretch first one foot down while hiking the opposite hip up just a little (like 2 inches), alternate each side and hold the stretch for 2 seconds, do 20 at a time. Works like a charm.

Hi Diane

I'll try your stretch ............anything to help and maybe reduce the chiropractor frequency and save some pennies.

Complex THR - in my particular case just means that it was a complicated operation took longer than a 'regular' replacement - extra time in the OR and slower recovery in terms of PT etc. My hip joint wasn't properly formed, I had a very shallow socket and no real trochanter to speak of, my femur kind of 'withered' from the mid point upwards.

Take care x

Good to hear your gait is getting better! but sorry to hear about the SI problems.

Have you ever tried a TENS or looked into a SI Joint belt. This one on Amazon has good reviews and doesnt seem badly priced.

Once you get yourself all readjusted, the SI should relax.

Thanks, Lisa, got your PM and then just read your post. Thanks for sharing. Right now my SI is only bothering a little in the morning when I first get up. Doing my PT really helps...so will continue on.

Take care, hope your week is going well and the TENS Haldox recommends works really well for most people.

Hi lisanewmc

Hoping you are continuing to do well!! I think about you often and imagine that you are busy with work, your family, the garden & some dancing with friends!! I hope that your gait has continued to improve and that you got that video of yourself walking to view at your next Hippie anniversary. :cheers:

Take care & drop us a line if you are able,
Cardie

Yes Lisa, would love to hear from you.. It is strange, but good when our members are off living their lives again.. A good sign, but do pop back now and then and let us know how life is now xx

Yes Lisa, would love to hear from you.. It is strange, but good when our members are off living their lives again.. A good sign, but do pop back now and then and let us know how life is now xx

Hi there!

How nice to see you are asking after me Cardie & Sandy:thankyou:

I've been meaning to drop by for ages- yes, life is busy but I do think of you all often. I'm doing fine and I miss you all but I'd got to a point where I didn't really have a lot to update in terms of personal progress and I was finding it increasingly difficult to keep up with newbies as the forum started to get really busy so I didn't feel that I was much use :whistle:

Any how here is an update..................

I've joined a gym which has a small swimming pool 10 metres x 5 metres x 1.2m deep and I'm going Tues/Thurs after work and also on Sundays. I've worked out a routine based on the advice of my chiropractor. I do the side leg raises and scissor movements, walk up and down the pool, use a float and do some leg kick lengths and also some breast stroke. I've built up over 3 weeks from 400m in total to 560m last night and I'm pleased with that as I've been out of practise in the 12 months since I 've been back at work.

I 've just had a weekend away with the girls. An exact repeat of last year's shenanigans, 6 of us partying hard in the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. We drank Pimms cocktails and danced, we shopped too - even managed a swim on the Sunday morning! Anyway, my big news is that I walked around the shops for almost 2 hours on Saturday afternoon and didn't even need my walking stick once ! It stayed in my handbag and I didn't evevn think about it until I got back to the car nad realised my achievement. :egypdance:

My gait has improved slightly but the physiotherapist and I came to the mutual decision that our relationship wasn't working. I had 3 visits over a period of about 4/5 months where he gave me exercises to do at home...........I started off each time with all good intentions but could not keep motivated to remember to incorporate them into my daily routine. He was able to measure my strength with the weird machine and it did improve after the first visit but not at the third. I've decided to see what happens and not stress about it.

I've still got a few issues with my SI joint and have not got around to trying TENS yet.............but it is much better than it was and I've 'graduated' to monthly appointments with the chiropractor - phew! The fee was eating into my shopping budget. I'm pleased to say that I seem to be trouble free 99% of the time in terms of the Psoas tendonitis - it took 12 months to clear up after overdoing my walking at 5 months post op- word of warning to anyone in the early days, take it easy or you could regret it!

Otherwise my life is pretty much as you are imagining Cardie!

Busy with work, getting to the end of the academic year where it's all about appraisals and self assessment reports - I'm so excited to summarise all the progress my team have made in the past 12 months - we are flying!

We celebrated my mum's 70th birthday last month so that was a lovely family get together. My husband, son and I have a holiday to Egypt to look forward to quite soon - it will be nice to get away from the rain! The garden is very green and hasn't needed watering much, I'd like a bit more sunshine so we can sit out in it but hey - this is England.......I've got some enormous purple lilies just coming into flower.

I'm off on another girlie night this weekend with old friends from my college days. We are going on a Dirty Dancing theme night, there is food followed by a band doing songs from the film -should be good fun. I'm looking forward to a boogie - 2 years ago they went to an ABBA night at the same venue but I didn't go because I wasn't able to dance.:spin: The following weekend we have a 50th birthday party followed by an outdoor music festival the week after........I seem to have a very busy couple of months on the social front!

I think that's me just about up to date............oh, almost forgot - I did the 9 ladies stone circle walk at the beginning of June approx 1-2 miles up hill and down dale on our big annual camping weekend - felt just as exhilarating as last year, but didn't get emotional. Life is great post THR, still thankful each day for being pain free and still don't take it for granted.

love to all my hippie friends xxx

ps the forum looks all shiny and new! lovely upgrade?

Lisa,

So good to hear from you and that life is good for you and your hip! Sounds as though things are good and you are able to enjoy life to it's fullest. Onward...

What a wonderful update, Lisa!! Thank you for checking back to let us know you have moved on to a fun filled, productive & active life. I am glad for the time that we spent being connected as CDH hippies here in cyber space, it was a degree of support that I could not find IRL (in real life). :friends:

Best wishes to you and your family,
Cardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
GordieO
Recent bookmarks
Back